Which wristband for seasickness

NoobCroozer

Was in Rite Aid today, stocking up on ginger gum, Bonine, etc, and I was about to purchase the wristband......until I saw that there were 2 different kinds. I dont recall the brand names, but one was Sea something or other claiming to be the original, and had a fabric band. The other came with a 2-pack, was black and had a much larger pressure point, and seemed to be made out of rubber....what kind do you guys wear? Also, everyone tells me to get Bonine, as I can drink with it, although the box says avoid alcohol.......is that just a generic warning or something to be concerned with? I was planning on trying it before I leave in Sept..

Thanks all!

I have SeaBands. The bands are dark blue and the accupressure button is whitish. This brand is, I believe, the original manufacturer of this device. I'm luckly that I have never needed them as bumpy seas don't bother me.

My cousin, who has cruised with me several times, is very intolerant of even mildly rough seas, and uses the bands and also takes ginger capsules morning and evening as a preventative. Works very well for her. And there's no problem with drinking alcohol with the bands or with ginger.

I ordered the PSI bands and didn't care for them as they were a plastic, stiff band, figured they would really make your wrist sweat and maybe get a rash underneath the band. I sent them back and ordered the Seabands, which are stretchy terrycloth like fabric with the pressure bead. They look really small in the plastic case they come in, but they stretch well and are comfortable. I also ordered the aromatherapy inhaler, has ginger and other florals in it, ya just sniff it and it is supposed to help with nausea. I've never gotten sea sickness before, but I always go prepared just in case. I hope this helps you.

gg:)

Archived