Cruising out of Port Canaveral - what hotel should we book?

Lone_Warrior

Hi All,

I was hoping somebody that has cruised from Orlando Airport -> Port Canaveral could tell me a good hotel to book for the night before. Also, how much should I expect to spend on transportation from the Airport to the port and back? Any other tips or comments are welcome!

We have sailed out of Canaveral numerous times. We always stay at the Radisson at the Port. They have a shuttle to/from the port and offer a great rate. Go to the Florida departure boards and click on Port Canaveral. Many who live there can help with any/all questions about motels, transprotation, etc. Smooth sailing.

We did the Radisson too. The online hot rate for $99, not the cruise rate that includes the $10 breakfast. there is a McDonalds across the street and 3 things of coffee in your cabin, that was plenty for me until they shuttled us to the port in the free shuttle.

The downside to the online hot rate is it says they cant confirm the type of cabin, but when we checked in at 5 pm or 6 pm or whatever, late, they gave us exactly what I would have wished for, a quiet garden view on the first floor. I did ask for that, when we checked in, but they cant guarantee you anything, not even smoking no smoking it says for that rate. We loved our room, all old fashioned with old world Florida charm. sleep number beds were fun too.

You can get something cheaper on hotwire and just get a shuttle though.

Another vote for the Residence Inn ... nice place. There's also a Country Inn and Suites right next door. These are the two hotels that are closest to the port (by like .25 of a mile, but still).

As for getting to Cocoa Beach, the cheapest way will probably be by renting a car. Budget is the company I've worked with several times, and with them, you can rent from MCO and specify to drop off at their Cocoa Beach location. From that location, you can take their complimentary shuttle to the port. This is very easy and will give you freedom to drive around Cocoa Beach and maybe do last minute shopping if you've forgotten something.

we have stayed at the Radisson at the Port and the MCO Hyatt and both nice and worked out well...at that point its just deciding whether you want to be close to the port the day of the cruise or just would rather stay at the AP and travel out the morning of the cruise

I need at least six people to get special group rate for ground transportation from Orlando's airport to cruise port. The rate is $35 for round-fare. If you're interested, please email me at xcalbear (at) gmail . com Royal Caribbean is charging $70 for round-fare.

I am sailing on Sep 29th from Port Canaveral with Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas.

btw, check out La Quinta hotel. the rate starting at $49/nite. 4 miles from Orlando's airport. and, they offer free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel.

ciao

We have sailed out of Canaveral numerous times. We always stay at the Radisson at the Port. They have a shuttle to/from the port and offer a great rate. Go to the Florida departure boards and click on Port Canaveral. Many who live there can help with any/all questions about motels, transprotation, etc. Smooth sailing.

If you're sailing from Port Canaveral, the nearest airport is Orlando (MCO) which is 30 miles to the cruise port. Are there hotels nearby Orlando's airport offer free shuttle service to the cruise port???

I recommend you take the day off and spend it reading through the "I Work in Port Canaveral" thread.

:p

You can find it under North American Homeports, East Coast Departures, Florida Departures.

OK, so maybe you won't need an entire day, but it's a great read.

The locals have provided all the information you could possibly need on sailing from Port C. And if you have a specific question (that hasn't already been asked and answered a dozen times within the thread), they'll help you in any way they can.

Their info was extremely useful in planning our cruise on the Glory this past May.

Just be considerate and browse through the thread (you can search within a thread even while the main search function is down) to see if your questions have already been addressed. Truthfully, Preston and Shirely have answered just about every possible question already. Great info on transport from the airport, rental cars, hotels, shopping, dining, shuttles, booze buying, and everything else you can think of.

Archived