Eurodam in NY harbor

jgsi

Great web cam shot! I checked the archive but they missed the Eurodam's arrival. Snapshots every 10 minutes so its easy to miss. It also did not get the Carnival Miracle's arrival or departure.

This web cam is getting bookmarked. :)

We arrived in NY on the EURODAM yesterday morning and the captain had told us the night before that we would be passing the statue on the port side of the ship around 5:00 a.m. Many passengers were out on their balconies at 4:45 to wait for it. Although the sun had not yet risen, the statue was well lit and a few of my photos came out without the flash.

It was very emotional to enter NY harbor and see the statue. My husband even got out of bed to see her, and he doesn't get up early for anything!

We arrived in NY on the EURODAM yesterday morning and the captain had told us the night before that we would be passing the statue on the port side of the ship around 5:00 a.m. Many passengers were out on their balconies at 4:45 to wait for it. Although the sun had not yet risen, the statue was well lit and a few of my photos came out without the flash.

It was very emotional to enter NY harbor and see the statue. My husband even got out of bed to see her, and he doesn't get up early for anything!

But that fantastic photo seems to show the Statue off the starboard side of the ship!!

REDTOY

Or, maybe the photo was taken when she was heading out!

But that fantastic photo seems to show the Statue off the starboard side of the ship!!

That photo was taken about 7:30 last night as the Eurodam was leaving the harbor and heading out to sea.

That photo was taken about 7:30 last night as the Eurodam was leaving the harbor and heading out to sea.

Oops!

Just goes to show that second thoughts are better than the first!

REDTOY

So glad everyone enjoyed the picture. To all those traveling on the Eurodam, have a wonderful, safe trip.

On board right now and have had a great weekend. I had the ship's photographer take a photo of me with the Statue of Liberty and a fire boat as we were sailing in the photo that you included!

Archived