QM2 Videos?

Jim Avery

Has anyone seen any videos of QM2 other than "Birth of a Legend" which they have shown unendingly? On the Maiden Voyage, camera crews were everywhere. I have never seen any videos, either for sale or on tv, showing anything from that voyage. What have I missed?

Thanks,

Jim.

Has anyone seen any videos of QM2 other than "Birth of a Legend" which they have shown unendingly? On the Maiden Voyage, camera crews were everywhere. I have never seen any videos, either for sale or on tv, showing anything from that voyage. What have I missed?

Thanks,

Jim.

There are three TV programmes out there about QM2

Building the QM2 a 2 hour special which was on the Discovery channel

Megastructors on QM2 a 1 hours film shown on National Geographic channel

and

Cruising on QM2 in six half hour slots shown on the Travel Channel.

I don't know of any of these are available to by on video / DVD

Yes there was one shown on the Discovery channel in Canada last year "Inside Queen Mary 2".

It was made probably in the Spring of 2007 and shows the QM2 getting ready for a departure from NYC on a TA.

They show the loading of people, luggage and provisions and explain what it takes to turn the ship around in less than 12 hours.

Commodore Warner was in command, and it also showed an emergency prior to sailing that delayed sailing and then the worry about getting out of NYC harbour before the tides became too high.

It is shown frequently and in fact was shown several weeks ago.

It also has some great shots of the interior and a friend watched it and told me that she now has a better understanding of why I love the QM2 so much. If I notice it is scheduled I'll watch because of course I never tire of seeing anything regarding the QM2.

Yes there was one shown on the Discovery channel in Canada last year "Inside Queen Mary 2".

It was made probably in the Spring of 2007 and shows the QM2 getting ready for a departure from NYC on a TA.

They show the loading of people, luggage and provisions and explain what it takes to turn the ship around in less than 12 hours.

Commodore Warner was in command, and it also showed an emergency prior to sailing that delayed sailing and then the worry about getting out of NYC harbour before the tides became too high.

It is shown frequently and in fact was shown several weeks ago.

It also has some great shots of the interior and a friend watched it and told me that she now has a better understanding of why I love the QM2 so much. If I notice it is scheduled I'll watch because of course I never tire of seeing anything regarding the QM2.

That sounds like a great programme I hope they show it here in the UK some day.

Archived