Eurodam Lido Cabana Review

LouChamp

Just returned from the weekend CTN and I must say we had a wonderful time. The weather was fantastic and teh ship met our expectations. Let me first congratulate Mamof mami for all her work in planning the cc get together. We did not register for it but I had the pleasure of speaking to her husband and I must say that she deserves al the credit for her tireless efforts. As for the Cabana...it was wonderful. We were in Corsica and attended to magnificently by Dave and his collegue Mykael. They could not do enough for us. The concept reminds me of the old days when one would reserve a deck chair for the duration of the cruise. I respect the many pros and cons of this topic but have a feeling that HAL and other lines will tweak the matter and this will become a very popular item. The only con were the few who would ook in as if we were animals at the zoo! It was kinda funny but a few even asked to take pictures of our cabana with us in it!!!!!!!!!

As easy going New Yorkers (if that is possible), we went with the flow. I msut also add that Dinners in The Pinnacle, Canneletto and Tamarind were wonderful as well as the Dessert Extravaganza. I found our fellow passengers to be courteous and all in all we had a restful weekend.

All the best,

Lou

Can you explain about the locations of the cabanas? Were you upstairs or at the pool? Was each cabana named? Which did you like better- my husband and son like the shade, and the rest of us like the sun. All are adults- as the youngest are 19 yrs old. What would be the best choice for us- i am only looking to book the two days at sea. Please advise!

Its good to hear from someone who has first hand experience using one of the lido cabanas. I have a few questions if you don't mind. Many have predicted that they will be hot because of little air circulation, what was your experience? Also did you tip your attendants? If you had the cabana more than one day, did you keep the same one the entire time? How do they know who is supposed to be in there? We have reserved one for the entire week, and I am wondering if we can count on the same one to be available to us whenever we need it.

Really don't see the purpose of the cabanas? Most people want to lay in the sun and the cabanas are mostly shaded. There is no privacy and if you want to relax in the shade, you would be better off on your balcony. Just another way for the cruise line to provide additional income, but not from me.

Just returned from the weekend CTN and I must say we had a wonderful time. The weather was fantastic and teh ship met our expectations. Let me first congratulate Mamof mami for all her work in planning the cc get together. We did not register for it but I had the pleasure of speaking to her husband and I must say that she deserves al the credit for her tireless efforts. As for the Cabana...it was wonderful. We were in Corsica and attended to magnificently by Dave and his collegue Mykael. They could not do enough for us. The concept reminds me of the old days when one would reserve a deck chair for the duration of the cruise. I respect the many pros and cons of this topic but have a feeling that HAL and other lines will tweak the matter and this will become a very popular item. The only con were the few who would ook in as if we were animals at the zoo! It was kinda funny but a few even asked to take pictures of our cabana with us in it!!!!!!!!!

As easy going New Yorkers (if that is possible), we went with the flow. I msut also add that Dinners in The Pinnacle, Canneletto and Tamarind were wonderful as well as the Dessert Extravaganza. I found our fellow passengers to be courteous and all in all we had a restful weekend.

All the best,

Lou

What are the costs of the cabana?????

What are the costs of the cabana?????

The Retreat cabanas are $45 on port days and $75 on sea days, while the Lido cabanas are $30 and $50 respectively. Or you can get a Lido cabana the entire week for $199.

And from Hal's website:

Furnished with modern woven chaises, ottomans and upholstered settees, all cabanas come stocked with bathrobes and plush towels, handheld fans, an Evian spray mister and iPods™ preloaded with great music. Chilled waters are available and guests can look forward to iced fruit skewers in mid-morning and frozen grapes, chocolate-covered strawberries and a glass of champagne in the afternoon.

Eight cabanas around the Lido pool offer a private respite in a lively area of the ship. Lunch at the Lido cabanas will be served upon request from a menu of poolside favorites from the Terrace Grill or Lido Restaurant.

...if you want to relax in the shade, you would be better off on your balcony.

Not everyone has a balcony.

Now don't get me wrong---I'm not a fan of the cabanas on the Lido Deck. I think they interfere with the passageway too much. But since they are there I am sure there will always be people who find them a value to them.

I've been reading the reviews about the Lido and the upper cabanas. I think the Lido cabanas detract from the enjoyment of ALL the passengers except for the FEW who've rented them. They obviously block the view and take away valuable open space. Surely the additional revenue from a few cabanas can't out weigh the pleasure and repeat business of the other passengers. HAL needs to pay attention to the reviews and comments made from it's passengers in this regard. If they detract enough from my view and space and pool time experience - I won't be back. There goes that revenue! If it's a bad idea - make a change - and hurry please!!!! I'm all for the enjoyment of those who can afford such a perk - but it is almost selfish of these few folks to patronize them when that perk detracts from others' enjoying. :eek: :mad: :rolleyes:

I've been reading the reviews about the Lido and the upper cabanas. I think the Lido cabanas detract from the enjoyment of ALL the passengers except for the FEW who've rented them. They obviously block the view and take away valuable open space. Surely the additional revenue from a few cabanas can't out weigh the pleasure and repeat business of the other passengers. HAL needs to pay attention to the reviews and comments made from it's passengers in this regard. If they detract enough from my view and space and pool time experience - I won't be back. There goes that revenue! If it's a bad idea - make a change - and hurry please!!!! I'm all for the enjoyment of those who can afford such a perk - but it is almost selfish of these few folks to patronize them when that perk detracts from others' enjoying. :eek: :mad: :rolleyes:

It doesn't detract a 'dam' thing from me as I almost never spend any time by the Lido pool. Too stuffy, humid and busy most of the time. :)

HAL may pay attention to how popular the cabanas are; if they sell well I am sure they will be kept. Having been on the Eurodam just for the Mariners brunch I did not experience it in full 'cruise mode', but I don't think that it blockes views that much or that it is ugly, or out of place.

Suite passengers pay more and get the use of the Neptune Lounge, I don't call them selfish because I don't have access to it, or because they get preferential treatment when making reservations for dinner. :rolleyes:

All said, I don't think I will reserve any cabanas as it is just not my thing.

Archived