Prohibited items?

srobins

I've not flown in a long time, and I have a question about a couple of items. I read the guidelines on the TSA web page and there is no answer there. The search function is down, so forgive me if I duplicate a similar question

My roommate and I are taking a group of developmentally disabled individuals on a flight/cruise this month. They will each have a carry on backpack, and we want to give each of them an EMPTY water bottle to carry with them. Once they get past security, we will tell them that they can fill it with water from the fountain, so they can have it on the plane. Will this be a problem?

Also, most are on some sort of prescription medicine that they put in the weekly containers. We don't want the meds in the checked baggage, so they will be carrying on those as well. Can they have them in the weekly pill dispensers, or do we have to have the original bottles? We will have printouts of their current medications from the pharmacy.

They are high functioning, and follow instructions well, so I don't anticipate any problems - just want to clear up these two nagging questions.

Thanks,

Sherryl

Thanks! That's what I was thinking, but someone told me that they didn't think we could take the empty water bottles. I would hate to get to the checkin and have the security people throw away their personalized sports type water bottle.

I am also trying to find out if the airline will allow a couple of them to check more than one bag without having to pay a penalty. I don't know if they will be able to keep up with a carry-on bag, and my roommate and I will already have one carry -on. We will probably need a couple more bags to accomodate hanging garments.

I'm still searching the AA web page guidelines on baggage.

Sherryl

I plan to take some sandwiches with us on our flight (United), and want to take our small thermal insulated bag with the sandwiches and maybe some fruit.

Is ice allowed in the bag to keep things fresh and cool? Actually, the "ice" is a strip of sealed water and frozen.

I plan to take some sandwiches with us on our flight (United), and want to take our small thermal insulated bag with the sandwiches and maybe some fruit.

Is ice allowed in the bag to keep things fresh and cool? Actually, the "ice" is a strip of sealed water and frozen.

From TSA website:

Frozen gels/liquids are permitted if required to cool medical and infant/child exemptions. Frozen gels/liquids for any other purpose are not permitted.

Archived