SD II - 3/6/2009 - We're Booked As Well

MarDav

I'm ready to move to the Kindle ... only problem is that we would have to buy two and switch back and forth since we both read the same books.

I figure if I run out of books I can borrow from FT or the SD2 library. I suspect I won't finish all the books that I have packed but I will give it the old college try!

If you read all 9 books on your trip, I'll be sorely disappointed as that will be a sign of an unsuccessful trip! Incidentally, you can sync the furthest page read in a book among multiple Kindles so no need to switch back and forth.

We're meeting FT and Zqvol for dinner this evening to go over final plans for the vow renewal which will take place a WEEK from today:D

OK, we're good to go! Plans are cast in stone...The DJ's met with FT and Zqvol for dinner (the gentlemen were well behaved designated drivers, the women...had fun!).

FT and I finalized top secret plans for the big event...this is going to be GREAT!!!

We're meeting FT and Zqvol for dinner this evening to go over final plans for the vow renewal which will take place a WEEK from today:D

So wish we could join you for that! We will drink a toast on SD1!! Love, Love, LOVE St. John...spent ONE night at Caneel Bay for our honeymoon, 7 years ago, at $1200 per night, that was about it! The Ritz on STT took us pikers in for the rest of the week!! Wish I had known about Sea Dream then! I think they had just started in 2002.... Please let me know if I can bring anything for our pre-embarkation lunch. :p

OK' date=' we're good to go! Plans are cast in stone...The DJ's met with FT and Zqvol for dinner (the gentlemen were well behaved designated drivers, the women...had fun!).

FT and I finalized top secret plans for the big event...this is going to be GREAT!!![/quote']

All I can say is that zqvol and I made our own plans while DJ's DH and FT were busy paying the bill:p Talk about priceless!!

Snow is in the forecast here in NC tomorrow:eek: Sun and fun in the forecast for us later in the week!

If you read all 9 books on your trip, I'll be sorely disappointed as that will be a sign of an unsuccessful trip! Incidentally, you can sync the furthest page read in a book among multiple Kindles so no need to switch back and forth.

Let's just say that the TOYBAR CD is in the pile of CDs to be packed. I see YMCA in Frequent Traveler's future ... again;)

Discussion at dinner tonight was who could take the most luggage. My money is on DJ's DH although he and zqvol were making plans to hit the Polo outlet in SJU before the pre-boarding festivities.

So wish we could join you for that! We will drink a toast on SD1!! Love, Love, LOVE St. John...spent ONE night at Caneel Bay for our honeymoon, 7 years ago, at $1200 per night, that was about it! The Ritz on STT took us pikers in for the rest of the week!! Wish I had known about Sea Dream then! I think they had just started in 2002.... Please let me know if I can bring anything for our pre-embarkation lunch. :p

We too love St. John... hence the reason that if all the stars align properly we will renew our vow there a week from today.

All you have to bring is yourself and your DH to the pre-embarkation lunch. FT is sending me the info for nametags ... and of course the tiaras are ready to pack!!

Snow in the forecast here for tomorrow which means a state of emergency! All I know is that our Swedish cars go ZOOM ZOOM in snow:D

To all the March 6th SeaDreamers, Bon Voyage. Lois & I wish we could be with you but we are in sunny Arizona and will be slaving away supporting the economy (I Hope) while you guys are sunning on the beaches. I look forward to the blogs, pictures, reviews and all the vicarious pleasures that go with them. DJ'sDH: Your packing is massive. How many bags? All the best on your vow renewal. My contract is renewed annually on the expiration date.

Have fun.

J & L

.... DJ'sDH: Your packing is massive. How many bags? All the best on your vow renewal.... J & L

Jim and Lois,

Sunny Arizona's not a bad 2nd choice (considering the hammering the East Coast is expecting this evening)!

Thanks for the good wishes, and don't believe everything you read...I'm not exactly packing everything but the kitchen sink... My stuff will fit in 1 standard suitcase or less.

To all the March 6th SeaDreamers, Bon Voyage. Lois & I wish we could be with you but we are in sunny Arizona and will be slaving away supporting the economy (I Hope) while you guys are sunning on the beaches. I look forward to the blogs, pictures, reviews and all the vicarious pleasures that go with them. DJ'sDH: Your packing is massive. How many bags? All the best on your vow renewal. My contract is renewed annually on the expiration date.

Have fun.

J & L

Enjoy Arizona Jim and Lois!

We will certain raise a glass or two in your honor:D

We negotiate DJ's DH contract yearly as well ... although we are to the point where he can't afford to divorce me:p

Jim and Lois' date='

Sunny Arizona's not a bad 2nd choice (considering the hammering the East Coast is expecting this evening)!

Thanks for the good wishes, and don't believe everything you read...I'm not exactly packing everything but the kitchen sink... My stuff will fit in 1 standard suitcase or less.[/quote']

Actually after the abuse he received at dinner last night from zqvol and FT I suspect he will be thinning out his wardrobe;) Never thought I would see the day when zqvol and DJ's DH would share fashion tips, ROFLMAO:D

Enjoy Arizona Jim and Lois!

We will certain raise a glass or two in your honor:D

We negotiate DJ's DH contract yearly as well ... although we are to the point where he can't afford to divorce me:p

Actually after the abuse he received at dinner last night from zqvol and FT I suspect he will be thinning out his wardrobe;) Never thought I would see the day when zqvol and DJ's DH would share fashion tips, ROFLMAO:D

Be nice, but I do have to say that no male should take 9 shirts with more than three buttons and 10 golf shirts on a 9 day SD cruise, especially with a visit to the polo outlet planned before boarding.

If DJs DH think he can get all his shirts and 8 pairs of shoes in one bag, well FT and I said that the bag was going to weigh 100 lbs and be 3 x 3 x 6.

...If DJs DH think he can get all his shirts and 8 pairs of shoes in one bag, well FT and I said that the bag was going to weigh 100 lbs and be 3 x 3 x 6.

WHERE do you get 8 pairs of shoes??? I'm wearing docks, and packing sneakers - that's 2!!!

I feel like Rodney Dangerfield...no respect at all! :eek:

WHERE do you get 8 pairs of shoes??? I'm wearing docks' date=' and packing sneakers - that's 2!!!

I feel like Rodney Dangerfield...no respect at all! :eek:[/quote']

Talk about no respect ... We woke to 6 inches of snow this morning:eek: Thank goodness the forecast is for it to be 56 when we leave for CLT on Thursday to fly into SJU.

The snow is beautiful ... but the view from SD2 on Friday will be even more beautiful:D

Talk about no respect ... We woke to 6 inches of snow this morning:eek: Thank goodness the forecast is for it to be 56 when we leave for CLT on Thursday to fly into SJU.

The snow is beautiful ... but the view from SD2 on Friday will be even more beautiful:D

You mean like this

snow_day.jpg

or this

thesea.jpg

You mean like this

snow_day.jpg

or this

thesea.jpg

Exactly zqvol!

Gotta love that Carolina blue sky with the white snow ... sort of reminds me of my alma mater ... Penn State:p

Here's to hoping that the waters on Friday are even calmer than you show in your photo:D

Actually I think we will something like this on Friday ...

DSC00301.jpg

Followed by this ...

DSC00311.jpg

We are now repacking to resume our journey to SJU at 6:30 tomorrow morning. Safe trip to everyone

Thanks for the update Ray!

Our suitcases (just two) are packed, zipped and ready to go into the car.

We and the jbcjtcs will be heading out of CLT on the 11:45 a.m. to SJU:D We will be hitting the road out of GSO as soon as our DD heads off to school (where is that WOO HOO smilie when I need it?).

Guess I need to start working on those nametags:eek:

Best wishes to all for a great trip. Hope you all have a wonderful time. Please keep those of us left at home up to date on your progress and all the goings on aboard SD2 and ashore.

Bon Voyage!

Thanks for the good wishes ctbjr ... here's to fair winds and a following sea!!

Time to make the name tags for our first official CC SD meet ... thanks to FT (bows to FT and chants "We are not worthy!!")

Since (ahem) there have been no updates from onboard SD2 and no separate thread started for postings during the cruise, I thought I'd take the liberty of posting this link:

http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/islands/vi/forum/cam.shtml

to a web cam in Charlotte Amalie via which we can observe SD2 at anchorage in the inner harbor at Charlotte Amalie until approximately 2 PM this afternoon.

Apparently, the seas have not yet calmed down and Captain Tysse has reworked the schedule a bit to avoid the rough seas as much as possible.

Finally, word has it that the vow renewal ceremony occurred successfully yesterday on St. John and that Kenny Chesney (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) was perhaps in attendance. I'll leave it to DJ, FT and others to provide details when and if they are so inclined.

Since (ahem) there have been no updates from onboard SD2 and no separate thread started for postings during the cruise, I thought I'd take the liberty of posting this link:

to a web cam in Charlotte Amalie via which we can observe SD2 at anchorage in the inner harbor at Charlotte Amalie until approximately 2 PM this afternoon.

Apparently, the seas have not yet calmed down and Captain Tysse has reworked the schedule a bit to avoid the rough seas as much as possible.

Finally, word has it that the vow renewal ceremony occurred successfully yesterday on St. John and that Kenny Chesney (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) was perhaps in attendance. I'll leave it to DJ, FT and others to provide details when and if they are so inclined.

Thanks for the link. They must have completely forgotten us poor landlubbers. Might be the champagne capacity. Too bad about the weather.

J.

Hi ctbjr,

Thanks for the link. As of now, they are still there. Thanks, too, for the confirmation of the vow renewal ceremony.

They must really be enjoying the champagne and living life the SeaDream way. I'm dyin' for a post. :)

Hi ctbjr,

Thanks for the link. As of now, they are still there. Thanks, too, for the confirmation of the vow renewal ceremony.

They must really be enjoying the champagne and living life the SeaDream way. I'm dyin' for a post. :)

I'm betting on a post from on board soon as I see that DJ is currently on line.....

I'm betting on a post from on board soon as I see that DJ is currently on line.....

Woohoo! Can't wait to hear from her.

You know you're ridiculously addicted to SD when you sit at the compter & refresh the Charlotte Amalie webcam every 5 minutes! Man, I need a life. :rolleyes::)

Archived