Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

Wow I love reading all the threads on cc to gather info and this is the first time I read one on cabins. I am just amazed if all the questions on cabins. We must be weird or something cause we can care less about our size or location of our cabin. We only go in there to shower and usually get in around midnight and we are out before 7am. Just found it interesting.

And just adding to the general 1A information. . .

If you are booking Carnival Dream, be very careful about considering a "guaranteed 1A", as I don't think any of us want to consider being stuffed into R1332, which somehow appears to be the smallest 1A ever created on a Carnival vessel. That cabin looks teeny tiny!!

Dream doesn't have cabin numbers like that. Another ship?

I just booked three 1a cabins on the Freedom. My husband and I will be in 1207 (portholes and CS). My kids will be right next door in 1211 (portholes and upper/lower). My parents are booked nearby in 1208 (portholes with CS).

My question is about 1a cabin 8357. Although it would be nice to have my parents on the same deck as the rest of us, cabin 8357 is in a much better location for them. They like to be near the elevators and Lido, since my mom is slightly mobility-impaired, and they prefer midship. Given the choice, I think they would prefer 8357, even though it lacks the porthole windows. It also looks like 8357 is a bigger cabin than most insides. I saw a thread from 2009 where somebody confirmed that 8357 has two twin beds in it; however, on goccl it says that it is upper/lower.

Does anybody know for certain if Freedom cabin 8357 CURRENTLY has two lower beds in it? My parents cannot be placed in a cabin with only upper/lower, but if somebody can confirm that this cabin as two lowers, I want to change my parents' reservation.

Edited by rockbock

When we have been in a cabin, on Carnival, that only has one twin bed and a bunk, we have asked for a roll-a-way. That is brought in and put together with the twin. Then we have a queen size bed, It is tight in the cabin but no real problems.

Thats exactly why I had 8357 when I cruised with my sister who is on a cane and mobility impaired and balance impaired. She wants convenience over seeing out.

I can verify that 8357 on the Freedom has 2 twins on the floor. The way the room is configured they are always set up as a king.

How recently can you confirm that this cabin has 2 twins? Is it within the past year or so? I'm scared to make the change, since goccl is telling me that this cabin is upper/lower.

How recently can you confirm that this cabin has 2 twins? Is it within the past year or so? I'm scared to make the change, since goccl is telling me that this cabin is upper/lower.

I was on Glory in Feb 2013 (after 2.0 dry dock) and I stayed in it. It was 2 twins that made a king.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Forums mobile app

It has been about 18 months. But I think it is more likely that it will become a regular interior cabin than they would take a twin out of the cabin. I rhink the 3 1A's midship (6393,7345, & 8357) remain at that status because the configuration cannot be changed easily. I would not worry, I always look for those cabins first on the Conquest ships.

Do what you want. I did a search of the pictures of that cabin on all conquest class ships to confirm it to myself.

If you really think they would take out one twin bed and retrogressively change it so you had to use the bunk?? but I had to find and see pictures myself before I was convinced and you are probably the same and no matter what anyone said you would still worry until you saw the cabin with your own eyes.

As some others have said, they seem to gradually change the beds in these cabins over to regular beds .. and then upgrade them to a higher category. (not the other way around)

Edited by firefly333

Dream cabins 2208 and 2211. Anybody have an opinion on which one should be my pick? I've looked back on a few pages and saw pix of 2216/17 and poster notes 2211 about the same, so anyone know anything about 2208????

Thx Jon

Dream cabins 2208 and 2211. Anybody have an opinion on which one should be my pick? I've looked back on a few pages and saw pix of 2216/17 and poster notes 2211 about the same, so anyone know anything about 2208????

Thx Jon

2208 does not have any windows. 2211 has 2 portholes.

Do what you want. I did a search of the pictures of that cabin on all conquest class ships to confirm it to myself.

If you really think they would take out one twin bed and retrogressively change it so you had to use the bunk?? but I had to find and see pictures myself before I was convinced and you are probably the same and no matter what anyone said you would still worry until you saw the cabin with your own eyes.

As some others have said, they seem to gradually change the beds in these cabins over to regular beds .. and then upgrade them to a higher category. (not the other way around)

Thanks firefly. I went ahead and changed the cabin to 8357 a few days ago, before I even saw the replies to this post. I decided it was worth the risk.

Now I have another question. (reminder: I'm referring to the Freedom) My sister decided to take this cruise with us two days ago. All of the 1a cabins with PT were already gone (including the one that I had recently removed my parents from). I had a choice between 2202 and a crappy aft 1a on the Riviera deck. I obviously chose 2202. Now 2207 has opened up. It looks like 2202 is probably still the better choice, but I'd like your input since you've seen most of these cabins. Is there any reason I should switch her to 2207? Both cabins are two lowers and neither has PT. 2202 looks bigger to me overall, even though it is shorter.

Edited by rockbock

Thanks firefly. I went ahead and changed the cabin to 8357 a few days ago, before I even saw the replies to this post. I decided it was worth the risk.

Now I have another question. (reminder: I'm referring to the Freedom) My sister decided to take this cruise with us two days ago. All of the 1a cabins with PT were already gone (including the one that I had recently removed my parents from). I had a choice between 2202 and a crappy aft 1a on the Riviera deck. I obviously chose 2202. Now 2207 has opened up. It looks like 2202 is probably still the better choice, but I'd like your input since you've seen most of these cabins. Is there any reason I should switch her to 2207? Both cabins are two lowers and neither has PT. 2202 looks bigger to me overall, even though it is shorter.

My only thinking is every cabin you can move from the front is a plus, but I doubt it will make a lot of difference. You do get anchor and propulsion noise and woken up early that far to the front.

My only thinking is every cabin you can move from the front is a plus, but I doubt it will make a lot of difference. You do get anchor and propulsion noise and woken up early that far to the front.

Does one cabin further in really make a huge difference with the noise? My thought is that either one could result in enough noise to wake somebody. And she'll be traveling with a 2-year old, so she'll be up by 6am every day anyway lol.

Do you know which cabin will appear more spacious since the configurations will be different?

The web maps I see say it has an upper and a lower.

The whole point in this thread is (mostly) because you cannot rely on the generic deck plans or descriptions.

But I think it's probably safe to say that this probably is really an upper/lower 1A. Hopefully someone has actually been in 1414 or 1429.

I had 1402 on Triumph on my 2-night CTN, so it's probably just like that (only mirror image). Strange little cabin, but OK for a solo. I took several pics (which are probably many pages back in this thread), but they were all hosted on Webshots and now only show up as a little "x" in my posts. One day, I may get around to re-uploading all my cruise pics to Flickr. :(

Anyway, you entered the cabin and there was a small sofa right across from the door; the bathroom was to the right. Turn left and the closets were there (along the common wall with the hallway) and then the desk. The bed was across from the desk, past the sofa, and there was a drop down bunk parallel with the bed.

For the record, there was quite a bit of noise, probably from the elevator shaft and quite a lot of shaking back there. Things may be different on Dream, but I didn't think I would pick that cabin again.

• 3 weeks later...

okay, after reading much of this thread, I am just as confused as when I started. I am looking at booking the Fantasy for December. the porthole is listed as an inside cabin. I cant figure out how to tell if it is listed as PT or 1A or whatever. so, here is the question; want to book a porthole on the main deck (ex M18) are these cabins only single beds ( bed and couch) or 2 single beds that can be pushed together.

Also, on the booking site, the cabins actually look like they are different sizes (some are short and wide and others long and narrow). is this the case?

thanks

okay, after reading much of this thread, I am just as confused as when I started. I am looking at booking the Fantasy for December. the porthole is listed as an inside cabin. I cant figure out how to tell if it is listed as PT or 1A or whatever. so, here is the question; want to book a porthole on the main deck (ex M18) are these cabins only single beds ( bed and couch) or 2 single beds that can be pushed together.

Also, on the booking site, the cabins actually look like they are different sizes (some are short and wide and others long and narrow). is this the case?

thanks

If it is labeled PT, then it is a porthole category and will have 2 beds. It looks like the Fantasy portholes are all PT and there are no 1A portholes. If you look at the Liberty or a Conquest ship you will see that the front cabins on the Riviera and Main are labeled 1A'sand they will either have a bed and an upper bunk or a bed and a sofa bed. You can't really go by the deck plan diagrams they can be deceiving. I would say that they are all relatively the same size with the possibility of the ones closer to the back of the ship may be a little longer. I would probably pick one as close to the back as possible. That may the noise of the waves, etc. may be a little less too.

We got off the Fantasy this morning, our 3rd Fantasy THIS year. Last year we were on her ten times. We have had 1A cabins in the middle of the Empress deck, deck 7. These are in the back of the boat. None of these cabins have a sofa. They all have one twin bed and one pull down bunk. BUT, we ask for a roll-a-way. Then the two beds are put together and you end up with one big bed. The bed that is along the wall, under the bunk bed, is pulled out and the headboard is put against the wall then the roll-a-way is put next to it. Granted there isn't a lot of room but you don't need much room, you're not going to dance.

These cabins are between the inside cabins which are across from the outside cabins. They are only on the Empress (7), Upper (6) and Riviera (4) decks. They are right in the middle of each of these decks. We like to be in the back of the ship. The elevators are right there that take you right to Promenade deck (the fun deck) and the buffet. The middle elevator stops on deck 9 before the buffet and the front one is in the atrium and you have to walk to the buffet, past the pool, lido stage and chaises to get to the buffet.

The port hole cabins are only in the very front of the ship - too far away from things for us.

We are cruising again on the Fantasy on August 27th with an outside cabins in the stern (back) of the Empress deck very close to the elevators. We have had many inside and a few 1As. They are fine and we save $$ to do things in ports!