The SUSPENSE is killing me! Miracle...

disfan13

Yep, I too am waiting to hear from someone on the ship. The weather here in MA is awful. Hot and muggy. I'm running the A/C and staying inside. I keep looking for a post from a Miracle passenger but, as you know, nothing.........

It's 75 degrees with a dew point of 74 up here right now - no rain yet, but the radar looks ugly. I was supposed to take youngest son on a 2-hour Hudson River cruise this afternoon - that's not happening, although there are a few brave (or crazy) souls out on the river. (Pete - were you up here last weekend? It was beautiful!)

All things considered, I would have much preferred a week on the Miracle playing "keep away" with Hanna than working and packing the kids off to school. We did our "keep away" cruise on Conquest 3 years ago with Hurricane Dennis; I think the complainers were kept at bay by the handwritten chart the crew displayed right on the Promenade deck next to the map that showed the position of the hurricane compared to the position of the ship. It was clear to anyone except the completely oblivious that the ship simply was not going to sail near the hurricane.

There you go again, NYbumpkin -- letting us know you enjoyed that extra day at sea due to Hurricane Dennis -- while those of us stuck in NOLA for an extra night had to endure the outer bands of Dennis while we walked through the Garden District and thoroughly enjoyed our day!!!! LOL:D Ya gotta love hurricane season!!!;)

There you go again, NYbumpkin -- letting us know you enjoyed that extra day at sea due to Hurricane Dennis -- while those of us stuck in NOLA for an extra night had to endure the outer bands of Dennis while we walked through the Garden District and thoroughly enjoyed our day!!!! LOL:D Ya gotta love hurricane season!!!;)

:D:D:D

I think we're among the few people who have gangway photos in Cozumel on two consecutive days!

Ok everybody...just got home from the Miracle and didn't even unpack yet...Had to check things out here first!!! Yes indeed there was an angry crowd on board, I do believe some may have been first time cruisers and were not aware of the cruise line's right to change ports secondary to weather issues. We were all greatful to be safe and sound, however, I will say that communications by the Captain were poor to say the least, and I do believe that was where alot of complaints were coming from. We felt that alot of the Captain's comments were condescending and downright deragatory at times. We found it horrendous that he referred to the passengers departing on today's cruise as "suckers"! I'm sure they would have loved to have known that!!!! With that being said, the rest of the crew were wonderful and made up for the ugly comments made.

Ok everybody...just got home from the Miracle and didn't even unpack yet...Had to check things out here first!!! Yes indeed there was an angry crowd on board, I do believe some may have been first time cruisers and were not aware of the cruise line's right to change ports secondary to weather issues. We were all greatful to be safe and sound, however, I will say that communications by the Captain were poor to say the least, and I do believe that was where alot of complaints were coming from. We felt that alot of the Captain's comments were condescending and downright deragatory at times. We found it horrendous that he referred to the passengers departing on today's cruise as "suckers"! I'm sure they would have loved to have known that!!!! With that being said, the rest of the crew were wonderful and made up for the ugly comments made.

So how did you know that?

Welcome back, oahugirl, and thanks for taking the time to make a quick post.

Updated: I thought I was looking forward to getting info from those on the cruise, but it's already started, so I'm probably going to avoid this thread. Poop!

I was thinking that myself. He may have been trying to be funny and they didn't get it! I'm still confused about her saying it was Captain Volpi. I thought the captain for the Miracle was Claudio Cupisti. Maybe Cupisti is on vacation and Volpi is covering???

I was thinking that myself. He may have been trying to be funny and they didn't get it! I'm still confused about her saying it was Captain Volpi. I thought the captain for the Miracle was Claudio Cupisti. Maybe Cupisti is on vacation and Volpi is covering???

Thats what i said... I am very doubtful....

I thought Volpi was the Hotel Manager?

heres a post from USA http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=55143426.blog

Hey everybody! I was on this ship and just got home. I can tell you this. 1st off all the crew members worked their butt off and the great service never changed. This was my first cruise and yes we were all dissappointed but let me tell you this there was one night i think it was Tuesday night. The boat was rocking back and fourth duting the 1st dinner seating. everyone was walking around as if they had 10 dinks. Thats when i knew the further south we went the worse it would be.

The crowd that was protesting was small and the chanted "refund" for about 10 seconds and then it was all over. Of course at that point my girlfriend and I were very upset too but later we realized it was just the negativity of a few. Shame on them to take back there tips" those people work so hard.

However I do feel that Carnival should of gave everyone a small credit back for even just $100.00 per person. I think it would of been a good gesture or maybe free drinks for one night....something....anything. The workers at the purser's desk were a little cocky during the whole process but in there defense there were 300 people screaming at them.

Most of the passengers I spoke with after Thursday had forgotton all about what happened and everyones attitude was back to normal. We had a great time while on the ship. i will write carnival a letter and will cruise with them again...but in May LOL

Chris and Jessie cabin 7161

Sounds like a more reasonable reaction...

Lori, On the particular cruise it was Captain Andrea Volpi, and he could have been covering for Captain Cupisti. Please don't misunderstand, in the begining, there were times when the Captain was trying to be humorous and make the best of the situation as it was and handled things quite well. It was during the last few days the comments got caustic; I'm sure he was under a lot of pressure due to to the situation on board; it was not pretty at times. It just seemed to make the situation worse.

I can imagine that the captain of a ship can become pretty stressed with unhappy passengers and trying to outrun or avoid bad weather. Maybe he was at the end of his rope as well. At least everyone is home safe and sound from the Miracle.

Lori, On the particular cruise it was Captain Andrea Volpi, and he could have been covering for Captain Cupisti. Please don't misunderstand, in the begining, there were times when the Captain was trying to be humorous and make the best of the situation as it was and handled things quite well. It was during the last few days the comments got caustic; I'm sure he was under a lot of pressure due to to the situation on board; it was not pretty at times. It just seemed to make the situation worse.

I will double check but I beleive that Captain Volpi was our captain and we were on the Miracle 8-13-08 to 8-21-08.

Oahugirl I agree with you on his comments. Remember the one after he announced we were going to Rhode Island? He said we "...paid for 3 ports and we got exactly what we paid for..." Basically saying, so what or who cares were we go. Wow!

The staff was great and overall I had a great time. First cruise for me and I was well informed. Thanks to this website :). Unfortunately most first timers did little to no research and were surprised and angered by the $160.00 gratuities and the itinerary overhaul.

Is that Carnival's or Captain Volpi's fault? No. But you don't remedy ignorance with indifference or an attitude especially when people have saved all year to take their families on a vacation or had weddings planned and guest waiting at a missed port.

Talking down to your passengers is just bad customer service, regardless of the weather!

Not Cool :(

Oahugirl I agree with you on his comments. Remember the one after he announced we were going to Rhode Island? He said we "...paid for 3 ports and we got exactly what we paid for..." Basically saying, so what or who cares were we go. Wow!

The staff was great and overall I had a great time. First cruise for me and I was well informed. Thanks to this website :). Unfortunately most first timers did little to no research and were surprised and angered by the $160.00 gratuities and the itinerary overhaul.

Is that Carnival's or Captain Volpi's fault? No. But you don't remedy ignorance with indifference or an attitude especially when people have saved all year to take their families on a vacation or had weddings planned and guest waiting at a missed port.

Talking down to your passengers is just bad customer service, regardless of the weather!

Not Cool :(

Well you are 'famous'.. USA Travel blogged a page based on your one post...

Archived