Operation Brightstar

Avril

We were on that cruise and we were told it was a medical situation but didn't result in a death...funny how different staff members give different outcomes :rolleyes:

We were also on that trip and the "brightstar" alert went out at 2 or 3 in the morning and the specific cabin was referenced, both my wife and I knowing what it meant from the boards and tried to keep a positive thought for the parties involved, however if you recall there was a delay disembarking that day and my BIL and I watched from the lido deck that morning as a van pullled up towards the front of the ship and several uniformed personal boarded the ship with a gurney and came out several minutes later with someone in a body bag. Again our prayers went out to those involved.

We just returned from an 8 day cruise on the Miracle, 11/4-11/12, and the third night we heard Sierra Team at 2:30 a.m., apparently a man pushed his girlfriend over the balcony from the 7th floor to the 5th floor, but in the front of the ship, where the 5th floor deck stick out a few feet and luckinly she landed on the deck but apparently she is seriosuly injured. Then the last night of the cruise we heard "Bright Star" at 2:00 a.m. and that person died. I am still really wanting to know what happenned to that poor girl, we saw her go off the ship in St. Martin, with her head immobilized, a crew member said her neck was broken. Then a zip line snapped in St. Kitts and injured someone, and a train derailed!

And some parents think it is OK to give young kids free roam of the ship........doubt anyone would have wanted to run in to this idiot during the minutes after he pushed her.........no telling where this guy would have tried to hide..or do.. to someone that may have seen or known what he did!

We just returned from an 8 day cruise on the Miracle, 11/4-11/12, and the third night we heard Sierra Team at 2:30 a.m., apparently a man pushed his girlfriend over the balcony from the 7th floor to the 5th floor, but in the front of the ship, where the 5th floor deck stick out a few feet and luckinly she landed on the deck but apparently she is seriosuly injured. Then the last night of the cruise we heard "Bright Star" at 2:00 a.m. and that person died. I am still really wanting to know what happenned to that poor girl, we saw her go off the ship in St. Martin, with her head immobilized, a crew member said her neck was broken. Then a zip line snapped in St. Kitts and injured someone, and a train derailed!

And we were told the girl jumped afeter having an argument with her boyfriend. So many different stories.....

We ate dinner next to the woman who called the incident down to the front desk, they slept with their door open, she heard a lot of racket, and then a loud noise she went outside did not see anything, then a few minutes later she heard someone yelling help me, and she called down. The masseuse at the spa told me the man had been arrested, that there had been problems with this couple each night at the disco. We were stopped getting off in St. Martin, and she was taken off in front of us, she looked to be in very bad shape. Our friends, two doors down from this couple said two uniformed men were posted outside the room when they walked out of their room that morning, so who knows.....I really hope she is ok, and thank god she landed on another balcony. Apparently, the shipped also stopped that night until they could locate the young woman.

I head "operation brightstar U235" when me and my brother were in our cabin, we were in U237 on the Fantasy. An older gentleman had to be taken to the infermery. I asked the room steward about it later and he said that "it was all taken care of." They had plenty of officers and other personell.

We ate dinner next to the woman who called the incident down to the front desk, they slept with their door open, she heard a lot of racket, and then a loud noise she went outside did not see anything, then a few minutes later she heard someone yelling help me, and she called down. The masseuse at the spa told me the man had been arrested, that there had been problems with this couple each night at the disco. We were stopped getting off in St. Martin, and she was taken off in front of us, she looked to be in very bad shape. Our friends, two doors down from this couple said two uniformed men were posted outside the room when they walked out of their room that morning, so who knows.....I really hope she is ok, and thank god she landed on another balcony. Apparently, the shipped also stopped that night until they could locate the young woman.

This incident is tragic...but couples do fight physically on cruises...I too have seen it.....and just another reason to always be aware of your surroundings..on land and sea....and to remember that a ship...is....and never forget it...a ship carrying 3000 strangers in close quarters....there is no getting around this fact.

Archived