Grrr. AA changed our flights AGAIN. Remind me - NCL do express/walk off debarkation?

tbag124

Our flight to Miami got changed in July from 10:15am to 6am (b/c I would not except the 2:55pm flight, we're flying in the day before but I still did not want to miss that whole day in Miami). Now, our flight home from Miami has been changed from 12:55pm to 12:30pm. I know this isnt AWFUL, only 25 mins in the big picture, but I'm still aggrevated. I know this is the norm right now w/ airlines cancelling flights, etc but still. I'm just tired of it already.

So I'm trying to decide if our group (of 18) should do the self debarkation in the morning or just get the 1st luggage tags off the ship. NCL does do self-debark right? Sorry, it's been awhile and I can't remember.

I guess we need to be at the airport around 11am. Anyone see a HUGE problem w/ this coming into Miami on a Friday?

Thanks!

As long as you have your transportation ready, I know that NCL will take you to the airport for your 12:30 FLIGHT USING THEIR TRANSPORTATION.:)

Cruzin Tom - Wow, I did not know that NCL provided this transportation to the airport. Who would I contact to arrange transportation to the airport and by chance, do you know how much they NCL charges for this service? Thanks.

You should easily make a 12:30 flight. I worry about self-debarkation if you have a party of 18. Someone is going to have way too much luggage and need assistance with it. If you have some very old or some very young who need wheelchairs or strollers, go with the first group of luggage tags. That way you can get a porter and not have an extra hassle of carting everything around.

I've done the self-debarkation, but I travel very light. One suitcase (roll aboard) and one tote.

Heather

Wow - 18 people means SOMEBODY will hold you up.

NCL does offer transportation - I think it costs more than a cab though. Of course you would need multiple cabs. I would suggest you break your groups down to families, or whatever and each take care of themselves. You will considerably speed up the process and have less issues.

Keep in mind, that the NCL bus will not leave until everybody is onboard and the bus is full. That takes time.

Just my two cents worth.

Our flight to Miami got changed in July from 10:15am to 6am (b/c I would not except the 2:55pm flight, we're flying in the day before but I still did not want to miss that whole day in Miami). Now, our flight home from Miami has been changed from 12:55pm to 12:30pm. I know this isnt AWFUL, only 25 mins in the big picture, but I'm still aggrevated. I know this is the norm right now w/ airlines cancelling flights, etc but still. I'm just tired of it already.

So I'm trying to decide if our group (of 18) should do the self debarkation in the morning or just get the 1st luggage tags off the ship. NCL does do self-debark right? Sorry, it's been awhile and I can't remember.

I guess we need to be at the airport around 11am. Anyone see a HUGE problem w/ this coming into Miami on a Friday?

Thanks!

Getting to the airport shouldn't be a problem - corraling 17 other people to get there at the same time might be. :eek: Yes, you can certainly do the self debarkation - you just have to take all of your luggage with you - customs could slow you down a bit - but hopefully not too much.

Sorry to hear about the frustration with the airline flights - unfortunately that's becoming all too familiar lately. Have a great trip

Added Note: Check to see if NCL is still offering the bags program - where they shift everything to the airport for you. Not sure if this is still available.

If you are at all concerned about leaving earlier, you do not have to accept the change from the airline. You can call and be changed to a later flight if available and without any change fee because this was a schedule change by the airline. We've done it many times.

Howard

If you are at all concerned about leaving earlier, you do not have to accept the change from the airline. You can call and be changed to a later flight if available and without any change fee because this was a schedule change by the airline. We've done it many times.

Howard

Though I agree with you totally, and have taken advantage of this "loophole", it assumes there is a later flight you want to take. In this case, I would take the earlier one.

Howard

Though I agree with you totally, and have taken advantage of this "loophole", it assumes there is a later flight you want to take. In this case, I would take the earlier one.

Right...the next flight isnt until 9pm. No thank you. And the only other flight is at 10am so that won't work either. only 3 flights available so I have to stick w/ the 1230am.

Archived