Lost and Found: Left A Pillow On Board... It's Gone For Good, Right?

ManhattanCruiser

From the "Not The End Of The World" department... I just left the Golden Princess yesterday, and I realized that I left my favorite pillow, yes, WITH my favorite pillowcase, in my cabin.

The steward knew it was mine, and knew not to remove the pillow case, etc.

But, I'm assuming there's no chance I could get it back...or IS there?

I'd be happy to pay for shipping, or a "moron tax"...but what DOES happen to items such as these?

Don't feel bad, I did worse.

On a Holland America cruise, left a drawer full of stuff. Hair blower, curling iron, Meds. Brushes, perfume.Discovered it two hours later while unpacking. Called their 800 number,explained my problem, was put on hold for a few minutes, they came back on the line told me it was already packed and off the ship and where did I want it mailed. Got it in two days at no cost to me.

I now am very careful when I pack to leave our stateroom.

San Diego Sue

We left an expensive camera lens in a camera bag under the bed on cruise back from Hawaii 6 years ago. I called Princess to let them know. When the ship arrived to Ft Lauderdale, I received a phone call that the bag had been found. It was returned to us! We were very thankful and quite impressed. So, make the call to Princess!

My husband had bought a very nice pair of casual shoes last year and saved them for six months so they would still be new for the cruise and then forgot to pack them when we left the ship. No one ever turned them in to lost and found. I hope your pillow is returned

Thanks all... I guess I'll call first thing in the morning...since I haven't been able to sleep without my pillow. ;)

Best of luck getting your pillow back. My guess though, since it was a pillow, you would have had to call on turn-a-round day in order to save it. Things that they consider of little value (I know, priceless to you, but things like clothing, cameras, and jewelry they consider valuable) are usually disposed of. Hopefully your room steward knew the importance of this pillow, but I don't hold out a lot of hope for you getting it returned. I would go pillow shopping today and see if you can find a replacement so you can sleep. :(

When I got to my cabin on my last cruise, I discovered that the previous tenant had forgotten his/her cell phone. I took it down to the purser's desk and hopefully the owner was reunited with his phone.

:rolleyes: I didn't have much luck when I discovered when unpacking that I'd left something behind..

Last January when I got home I discovered that I had left a lot of money aboard the ship. :rolleyes: It just seemed to dissappear day by day.

I never got any back, but have booked the trip again for next year to see if I can find some of it. :D

Archived