Wedding on EOS

liljay6915

So after months of planning my fiancee and I just found out that the wedding we had been hoping for and planning for years was not going to be possible (grrr I could scream) anyway we decided that a stress free cruise wedding on Enchantment of the seas was the way to go 40 of our friends and family (as opposed to 200). We booked it today so I hope RCCL will help make it perfect. has anyone wed on this ship? any pictures? We are looking to make this really special for our guests any tips on what would be fun or what we could have sent to their staterooms that would make it so much better?

Also we will be paying for all of our guests some inside state rooms some veranda rooms and 15 JS's does anyone know if RCCL will allow us to become diamond plus member? I mean this is our money goiing to them.

Thanks for any info

SOOOOO excited for my stress free sea wedding

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. :)

The only point I can address is the one asking about, basically, since you are paying for all the cabins you feel that RCI should bump you up to Diamond + status, correct? I remember reading on this board that it doesn't matter who pays for the room - it's the occupants of each room who actually get the Crown and Anchor credit.

And no offense intended... what makes you say your wedding at sea will be "stress-free"? Not trying to bring you down, but I certainly think you should be prepared for anything and everything. Granted, you seem to be downsizing the guest list, but does that make this a stress-free event? Seriously asking.

You might want to visit this area of the boards: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

It is geared to cruise weddings and you might get some valuable information there.

As to your other question, it is true - only one credit per person (or 2 if in a JS or above) regardless of who is paying. However, you might be able to get some group benefits - check with your travel agent.

book a suite for yourselves so you get to enjoy extra amenities like concierge lounge / service. these don't apply for JS, only GS or higher. no, you can't achieve D+ by paying for lots of cabins on one cruise.

remember - some who have planned weddings in cruise ports of call didn't get the wedding of their dreams when the ship couldn't make that port. have your wedding on board - just to be sure!! - and continue the celebration at each port.

have a great wedding cruise!

Congratulations! My husband and I got married on Mariner. For us, having our wedding onbaord the cruise made it about 95% stress free. :)

To Langley Cruisers, the reason it was stress free is that Royal Romance/The Wedding Experience handles the details and plans most of the wedding for you. It's your job to make a few phone calls and decisions, and they make it all happen.

Granted, there are several brides who have been very unhappy with the planning through this company. We went in with very few expectations - we just wanted to get married!

Definitely check out the other board - you will find many other brides, and you'll get a lot of advice. Feel free to ask me any questions as well, and check out the pictures linked in my signature. :)

I have two friends who both married on the EOS...one had a wonderful wedding and one had an awful one...but I believe that was due to circumstances beyond any one's control...that was back in the days when they were really going crazy over that virus...and it was on the cruise before her's...so they had to disinfect all the cabins etc. She did not board until after 2:00...the wedding was cut short by an hour...many things went wrong...but RCI did compensate her by giving her dinner with the captain, wine and special gifts in the room every night, some free spa treatments and three hundred dollars off her next cruise. "Royal Weddings" DID NOTHING...so really stay on them....

But as I said that was unforseen circumstances beyond any one's control, I know you will have a wonderful wedding.

Some thoughts of things to send/leave in the rooms for your guests:

* disposable cameras

* custom tees for the group

* info sheet with everyones stateroom numbers (except yours--keep that secret!!!!), "mandatory" activities(like where & when the ceremony is, when people need to be there etc), places/times for meeting up if folks want etc.

* some little wedding type favors (search on line, you can find just about anything you may want)

You are so nice to want to make this special for your guests but just paying for them and having them experience your wonderful day should be special enough IMHO! Have a great time planning and a wonderful wedding!!!!

Congrats to you!! My daughter was married on Rhapsody four years ago. We had about the same amount of guests attend and sail with us as you do. A cruise ship wedding is very hard on a control freak (such as myself :o ) as you have to trust and leave so much up to others...the wedding was beautiful by the way. We did a three hour reception with appetizers, full bar, traditional cake cutting and dj. We upgraded the flowers which were perfect but everything else was the standard offering by Royal Romance.

We initially had trouble getting info from RR, I think this is where people get frustrated. They won't give alot of detail until you deposit and how do you know if you want to deposit until you have more info...again a trust thing. Once I found a RR rep that we liked I had a direct number/email and she handled everything. Probably the most stressful is their reluctance to commit to the wedding venue until a couple weeks before, you can request but they won't confirm until the end.

My one piece of advice would be to write down the pictures you want. We had many pictures taken but there were some groupings that we would have liked but didn't think about it until afterwards when it was too late. Since it's such a short time for the whole wedding/reception the pictures with family were done pretty quickly in order to take the bride and groom and do cool shots around the ship. You can give the list to photographer to reference and he/she can be responsible.

It's definitely a different wedding taking your close friends and family on your honeymoon but my daughter says it was like a week long reception and has never regretted not having a more traditional wedding. The suggestion to go to the Wedding threads is right on, there's a wealth of info there just be warned you'll hear everything that went wrong too so you have to make your own assessment of the circumstances.

Report back and let us know how the plans are going!!!

So after months of planning my fiancee and I just found out that the wedding we had been hoping for and planning for years was not going to be possible (grrr I could scream) anyway we decided that a stress free cruise wedding on Enchantment of the seas was the way to go 40 of our friends and family (as opposed to 200). We booked it today so I hope RCCL will help make it perfect. has anyone wed on this ship? any pictures? We are looking to make this really special for our guests any tips on what would be fun or what we could have sent to their staterooms that would make it so much better?

Also we will be paying for all of our guests some inside state rooms some veranda rooms and 15 JS's does anyone know if RCCL will allow us to become diamond plus member? I mean this is our money goiing to them.

Thanks for any info

SOOOOO excited for my stress free sea wedding

Royal Caribbean contracts all of their weddings out to a company called "Royal Romance"/"The Wedding Experience"

RR/TWE is based in Florida and currently has a C- rating (down from a B- about 3 months ago)

I used RR/TWE for my wedding and found them to be less than professional and not customer service oriented. Still tho - the wedding did happen, on board the Vision of the Seas. We had a few issues, but nothing that the guests noticed and RR/TWE did compensate me $$ for them.

Everyone seems to have their own personal experience with RR/TWE. My advice to you is to call them and ask your initial questions and see what kind of a feel you get from them. (contact info on RCCL.com) They might try to pressure you into booking by telling you that spaces fill up fast. Dont buy it.

The other option you have is to get married thru a private coordinator in one of the ports of call for your itinerary. If a port of call is US Territory, this option becomes much easier in terms of actually obtaining a marrage license.

As another example - DH and I live in Texas. Texas recognizes common law marrage and allows "you" to declare the date you felt legally marired. DH and I got married on the ship in Cabo San Lucas and filed a common law declaration after we got back, citing the actual Cabo ceremony date.

You can get more information on both RR/TWE and private coordinators for your ports of call on the Wedding and Honeymoon board and the individual ports of call boards.

Congrats, Good Luck & Happy Sailing!

Archived