Has Azamara stopped recognizing Celebrity Captain's Club Members?

Literary Lynne

We are elite Captain's Club members on Celebrity and had understood that Azamara recognised X CC membership. The Celebrity CC newsletter carries discounts for both Az and X, the tickets for our next Az cruise are contained in a X printed folder, BUT:

I tried to continue with our online check-in yesterday and information noting our CC membership numbers that I had previously entered, which was not declined at the time, prompted a message which said that the numbers were invalid.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it that Az are now trying to establish a separate CC from X?

Lynne:confused:

I had exactly the same thing happen to me a few days ago. I went to complete the online checkin information on my AZ cruise, and for some reason it showed an incorrect birthdate for me and then kicked out my CC number as invalid. I called AZ reservation and they were able to correct the birthdate and the CC number on my AZ cruise reservation.

Give them a call, not sure why your CC number wasn't working, but the CC agent should be able to help you and explain what's going on.

Good Luck.

Tim

Celebrity seems to have a huge problem with these things. I can never seem to get information changed on-line about my CC membership. I also recently had to call to check on why I was still listed as a Classic member even though I had 6 Celebrity/Azamara cruises under my belt. They were very nice on the phone and soon realized the problem. Even though I had used the correct CC number in my bookings, my 2 most recent sailings had my middle initial in it which put them as separate cruises. They were able to correct it but it makes no sense to me how such a small thing could screw up my CC account so easily. It wasn't hard to straighten out but I shouldn't have had to.

Andy...only eighty something days until my SE Asia cruise...

I tried to do online check-in for my cruise and I couldn't get past the first page because it said my Captain's Club membership numbers were not valid. I was told by Azamara that they are having computor problems and to leave out my membership numbers for check-in and then call to have them put back on my reservation.

Glad to know it is a computer type problem--I looked in on this board to ask the same question--starting to think seriously about trying Azamara---looks like a nice experience...sort of what Celeb used to be but without all the dressing up..

Well, thank you all for responding and putting my mind at rest. At least I am not alone and you have confirmed that it is a computer error and not that Az has stopped recognising X CCs.

I will give them a ring too.

Hope you all have wonderful cruises on Azamara. We are getting so excited about our upcoming cruise.

Thanks again

Lynne :)

The perks are essentially the same. The one that's missing is the disembarkation lounge for the Capt Club members, the smaller Azamara ships don't have it. Otherwise, pretty much the same. We did get a "new" perk for an hour of internet service that I haven't seem before.

The perks are essentially the same. The one that's missing is the disembarkation lounge for the Capt Club members, the smaller Azamara ships don't have it. Otherwise, pretty much the same. We did get a "new" perk for an hour of internet service that I haven't seem before.
I remember getting a one category upgrade on X that I didn't get on Azamara as an Elite member.

Archived