Hotel Prices in Ft Lauderdale

bacm

We're coming in late on Sat night (1/31) for a Sunday cruise. I've checked some of the suggestions, The Embassy, Hyatt Place and Hyatt Pier66, and the lowest price I could find to be approx $300+. I'm wondering if there are any other decent options that would be more affordable. I would love to stay at one of these nicer hotels, but not sure when all is said and done that it would be worth it. Please let me know your suggestions. Thank you.

We're staying at The Embassy FLL. Lowest price right now on 1/29 & 1/30 is a pre-purchase rate of 260.00. Also a credit card guarantee of 289.00(I'm booked this way while I check for price drops). I will say the two things that help offset the cost here is the free manager's reception 5-7 I think are the hours where the alcohol is free & the free breakfast. We always justify the little extra to stay here because the drink & breakfast would be at least $100.00 if we paid the extra. We've stayed here twice & really like this hotel.

The Marriott Renaissance has a 'Romance Package' for $269. It includes a full breakfast in their restaurant, or room service breakfast. Champagne and strawberries as well. We wanted to stay at one of the nicer hotels, and have not been able to find a lower price. Since it is refundable, we booked it but I am still checking to see if anything else comes up. Good Luck!

Thank you all so much for your input. I guess I'll book something to hold it, but continue to look for a price drop.

Instead book a cancellable backup and start bidding on priceline. You probably will not see any inventory for your dates until the beginning of January, late December.

I've checked out Priceline but never actually booked anything through them. Do you find them reliable? I'm afraid that I'll show up and the hotel won't have my reservation. Can you confirm directly with the hotel? I've also read reports that if a hotel is overbooked they will turn away the Priceline bookings before their own bookings. Have you ever had a problem?

I've checked out Priceline but never actually booked anything through them. Do you find them reliable? I'm afraid that I'll show up and the hotel won't have my reservation. Can you confirm directly with the hotel? I've also read reports that if a hotel is overbooked they will turn away the Priceline bookings before their own bookings. Have you ever had a problem?

I have gotten rooms a couple of times at the Renaissance on 17th street and never had a problem. If this was true I think we would of heard complaints here.

Yes, you can call the hotel to confirm your reservation.

We are also arriving 1/31 for sunday cruise. I checked alot of hotels and couldn't find anything under $200. I booked a suite at the sleep inn Dania for $224 including tax for 4 adults so atleast we can split the cost, we arrive late at night so it will just be to sleep. Maybe the prices are so high because feb 1 is superbowl in Tampa??

BlueHerons: I've done a impulsive bid on priceline & got stuck with a real looser hotel, Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale. I've seen a lot of your posts on some priceline threads etc. so I thought it wouldn't hurt to see if you know any way of getting out of a winning (or not so winning) bid on priceline.

I feel so stupid. I normally research so good before I do anything. I bid on a 2.5 star & higher but by the reviews on tripadis. it sounds like it should be a negative 2.5. I was even wondering if I should dispute the charge on my credit card or just eat the $90.00 & stay someplace else.

I see you too are on the SC coast. Everything was fine till I went on Spirit Friday night & booked my air. That was my first dumb mistake. I accidently put in 1/29/09 instead of 1/30/09. We have a room at The Embassy for the 30th. When I made my mistake in flying down a day early I just didn't want to spend another 300.00 for one night. So, here I go on priceline yesterday & made my second mistake.

Anyway, just thought I would see if you or anyone else had ever heard of getting a refund? Thanks in advance, I promise I am not normally this stupid!!!!

BlueHerons: I've done a impulsive bid on priceline & got stuck with a real looser hotel, Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale. I've seen a lot of your posts on some priceline threads etc. so I thought it wouldn't hurt to see if you know any way of getting out of a winning (or not so winning) bid on priceline.

I feel so stupid. I normally research so good before I do anything. I bid on a 2.5 star & higher but by the reviews on tripadis. it sounds like it should be a negative 2.5. I was even wondering if I should dispute the charge on my credit card or just eat the $90.00 & stay someplace else.

I see you too are on the SC coast. Everything was fine till I went on Spirit Friday night & booked my air. That was my first dumb mistake. I accidently put in 1/29/09 instead of 1/30/09. We have a room at The Embassy for the 30th. When I made my mistake in flying down a day early I just didn't want to spend another 300.00 for one night. So, here I go on priceline yesterday & made my second mistake.

Anyway, just thought I would see if you or anyone else had ever heard of getting a refund? Thanks in advance, I promise I am not normally this stupid!!!!

Don't feel stupid! Call priceline. They used to have a one time deal where they would let you out of the hotel reservation for $25 per night but I'm not sure if they still have this. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

The Ramadas in South Florida are bleak at best.

I would cancel the Embassy try and get something on the beach in Hollywood or Lauderdale-By-The-Sea for two nights and have a mini vacation. You can probably get something across the street at one of the mom and pop hotels for $200 a night. Look on www.Sunny.org and look for the Superior Small Lodgings logos.

Look at it this way, you got a a few extra days on the beach and FLL is a fabulous town! Make lemonaid girl!

Don't feel stupid! Call priceline. They used to have a one time deal where they would let you out of the hotel reservation for $25 per night but I'm not sure if they still have this. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

The Ramadas in South Florida are bleak at best.

I would cancel the Embassy try and get something on the beach in Hollywood or Lauderdale-By-The-Sea for two nights and have a mini vacation. You can probably get something across the street at one of the mom and pop hotels for $200 a night. Look on www.Sunny.org and look for the Superior Small Lodgings logos.

Look at it this way, you got a a few extra days on the beach and FLL is a fabulous town! Make lemonaid girl!

Blue Heron: Thanks for the advice. I'll call priceline tomorrow. I tried calling today several times & could not get through. Maybe I'll tell them I'll stop watching Boston Legal if they don't refund part of it LOL.

I went ahead & did a credit card hold on 2 nights st The Embassy. That's where we always stay & really like it there plus several of us from our roll call are already planning to meet there on Friday. Since I live so close to the beach I don't care as much as staying there. I just can't believe priceline is rating the Ramada as a 2.5 with what I have read about it.

I haven't used these bidding or hidden hotel name websites, but I have read that it is best to book a 3 or 4 star or higher if you do. From reading these boards, I can see that people consistantly get good hotels when they do this in fort lauderdale. Check out this website for information about what hotels you might get: http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=67&

Archived