Benefit/Offer Combination Chart

Ok...I've got it.

No sense booking a NC while onboard.

Sell RCI stock if it ever goes back up.

Go back to Princess if they ever return to Galveston.

Thanks for the easy explanations! Now, I can make an educated decision on things for my sailing future.

My thoughts exactly. Thanks FL Criuiser64 for posting the chart, it sure helps my booking decisions for the future. Since RCCL sees nothing wrong with changing the benefits they offer (and it is their right to do so), I see nothing wrong with shopping other cruise lines to my benefit (which is also my right to do so).

I may even try some last-minute, bottom-feeding bookings to see how that works. Why let them hold my deposit money for a year or more out, when I can leave it in my account and earn some interest on it?

Thanks for the chart; that is helpful.

I have a question about the significance of the 12/31/08 date. Which of the following does it mean:

1) Combinations are permissible only for cruises sailing prior to 12/31/08.

2) Combinations are permissible only for deposits made prior to 12/31/08.

3) Combinations are only possible if a deposit is made prior to 12/31/08 and the disounts/offers/benefits are submitted prior to this date as well.

Thanks

I have a question about the significance of the 12/31/08 date. Which of the following does it mean:

3) Combinations are only possible if a deposit is made prior to 12/31/08 and the disounts/offers/benefits are submitted prior to this date as well.

Thanks

I vote for 3, but no one at C&A can confirm my guess.

With 2 a close second.

Thanks

I vote for all three. It wil be #1 on the first phone call. #2 on the second. #3 on the third. Plus by 12/31 there will be some other change made or that they are considering to confuse us and the reps even more..:rolleyes:

Not combining things won't stop us from staying with RCCL. We love this cruise line and will continue to sail with her. But what I probably will stop is booking while on a cruise for the 7 night or longer. My Diamond Balcony discount is more than the OBC so I would want that. For a 3 nighter, still will book while on the ship since I want the $50 OBC. I will sell my stock once it goes back up since that is no longer an added benefit. I have to keep it through April 2010 since I already have the OBC for Oasis, but once that trip is over, and hopefully, the stock will have recovered, I will sell it and just rely on the OBC's and Diamond discounts.

I vote for all three. It wil be #1 on the first phone call. #2 on the second. #3 on the third. Plus by 12/31 there will be some other change made or that they are considering to confuse us and the reps even more..:rolleyes:

lol :D

You are probably right!

It's too bad, because I was just thinking this would be a good time to buy the stock; price is affordable, and the credits are nice.

Now that they're not combinable, what's the point?

Mary

IMHO the "point" of purchasing the stock should never have been for the OBC as one never knew how long that perk would last. As the stock price drops, it should be expected that changes in the Shareholder OBC and quartlery dividends are likely. Carnival in fact recently announced that there will be no quarterly dividends paid at all in 2009. Royal's stock dropped quite a bit on that news, so it appears that many large shareholders expect that Royal may do the same.

Thanks

Technically all three would apply since #2 is the one which is important. But I could ask to verify.

It is definitely 2 or 3 but I am almost 100% sure it is 2). But I'll send an e-mail out and let's see what I get back.

Not combining things won't stop us from staying with RCCL.

Us either, but it might cut us back on the number of times we cruise, and it will allow us to further consider other lines now that the total cost of a trip might not as often be the lowest on RCCL as it used to be among the lines we consider taking.

I understand that some cruisers were making out like bandits stacking all the discounts and credits, but I think RCCL has overreacted. If the problem is people using multiples of each, why not just limit customers to using one of each? You get to pick one discount from among

C&A Balcony

C&A Savings Certificate

Thank You Coupon

plus one on-board credit from among

Next Cruise

Future Cruise

Stock Benefit

Seems easy enough, and there's something for every cruiser from the first timer (they book a Future Cruise to get the on-board credit, then send them a Thank You Coupon to give them a little something off the price of the cruise itself) to the people who've invested significant time and money into the company (stockholders with C&A balcony discounts).

And as for the FCC/LOC and Visa benefits, they are already good to combine with everything else, so just leave them as they are.

Bottom line: I think RCCL would tick off a lot less people if they set this up as one on-board credit *plus*

one discount instead of one on-board credit *or* one discount.

Thanks

Technically all three would apply since #2 is the one which is important. But I could ask to verify.

It is definitely 2 or 3 but I am almost 100% sure it is 2). But I'll send an e-mail out and let's see what I get back.

Oliver, did you ever get a response to your email regarding Gonzo's question?

I guess what I would like to know is, IF you book a cruise(s) prior to December 31, 2008 for sailings in 2010.............and then for some unforeseen reason have to transfer to a different ship/sailing date/itinerary but keep the same booking number...............would the original booking numbers still carry with them the OBC from shareholder plus the OBC from NC plus the P/D/D+ balcony discount?

Oliver, did you ever get a response to your email regarding Gonzo's question?

I guess what I would like to know is, IF you book a cruise(s) prior to December 31, 2008 for sailings in 2010.............and then for some unforeseen reason have to transfer to a different ship/sailing date/itinerary but keep the same booking number...............would the original booking numbers still carry with them the OBC from shareholder plus the OBC from NC plus the P/D/D+ balcony discount?

Oh shoot. I totally forgot.

I send one right now.

Sorry.

Us either, but it might cut us back on the number of times we cruise, and it will allow us to further consider other lines now that the total cost of a trip might not as often be the lowest on RCCL as it used to be among the lines we consider taking.

I understand that some cruisers were making out like bandits stacking all the discounts and credits, but I think RCCL has overreacted. If the problem is people using multiples of each, why not just limit customers to using one of each? You get to pick one discount from among

C&A Balcony

C&A Savings Certificate

Thank You Coupon

plus one on-board credit from among

Next Cruise

Future Cruise

Stock Benefit

Seems easy enough, and there's something for every cruiser from the first timer (they book a Future Cruise to get the on-board credit, then send them a Thank You Coupon to give them a little something off the price of the cruise itself) to the people who've invested significant time and money into the company (stockholders with C&A balcony discounts).

And as for the FCC/LOC and Visa benefits, they are already good to combine with everything else, so just leave them as they are.

Bottom line: I think RCCL would tick off a lot less people if they set this up as one on-board credit *plus*

one discount instead of one on-board credit *or* one discount.

I agree completely!! And at one point that is what we were being told was happening and or going to happen. I have no problem with not being able to stack as many discounts as in the past...I just don't like feeling the rug has been pulled out from under me completely...

The answer:

Hi Oliver

In regards to the chart, a guest has to book and have all benefits applied to their reservation before 12/31/08.

BUT......what happens if that reservation made before 12/21/08 is transferred? Will all the benefits be kept with the booking number if the itinerary/ship/sailing date are changed?

Sorry for making this complicated.............but we all know that in the past we could keep everything attached to a booking number if we had to transfer.

BUT......what happens if that reservation made before 12/21/08 is transferred? Will all the benefits be kept with the booking number if the itinerary/ship/sailing date are changed?

Sorry for making this complicated.............but we all know that in the past we could keep everything attached to a booking number if we had to transfer.

There ya' go:

Hi Oliver

Transferring of a reservation to another ship or sail date before 12/31/08 has no effect on the benefits combinability. Any changes after 12/31/08 would fall under the new guild lines.

Best regards

There ya' go:

Hi Oliver

Transferring of a reservation to another ship or sail date before 12/31/08 has no effect on the benefits combinability. Any changes after 12/31/08 would fall under the new guild lines.

Best regards

Thanks........that certainly answers my question. You just saved us a whole bunch of money for unnecessary deposits!:p I guess our Christmas will be a Merry one!

BTW..........a big thank you for getting some answers to various questions and what we all can expect after 12/31/08.

So glad it's you and not me that's doing this!!;)

So, on my December cruise I plan to book a cruise in 2/2010. According to what I read, I will be able to combine the OBC for booking onboard and my stockholder credit. And of course my visa rewards as well.

When I turn platinum next fall will I also get the balcony discount as well, or not because I became platinum after 12/31/08?

So, on my December cruise I plan to book a cruise in 2/2010. According to what I read, I will be able to combine the OBC for booking onboard and my stockholder credit. And of course my visa rewards as well.

When I turn platinum next fall will I also get the balcony discount as well, or not because I became platinum after 12/31/08?

Yes, you will get your OBC from booking on board and your OBC from being a shareholder. Cashing in Visa points can be used as well. When you become Platinum, just notified whomever you booked with and your discount should be applied since you booked prior to December 31, 2008.

Don't make any changes after December 31, 2008 and you will be fine.

Hey Oliver..............did I get it right??:)

Is the chart saying that if you use a RCCL VISA to pay for you entire cruise, you will be able to continue to receive all of the previous offers? Even after 12-31-08.

Balcony Discount

Stock Benefit

C&A Coupons

Thank You Coupons

NC on board credit

Or is it saying you only receive these benefits if you redeem RCCL points to pay for the cruise you receive all the benefits?

Is the chart saying that if you use a RCCL VISA to pay for you entire cruise, you will be able to continue to receive all of the previous offers? Even after 12-31-08.

Balcony Discount

Stock Benefit

C&A Coupons

Thank You Coupons

NC on board credit

Or is it saying you only receive these benefits if you redeem RCCL points to pay for the cruise you receive all the benefits?

According to Oliver's contact............Redeeming Visa Points will not affect any bookings after 12/21/08. You can use them whichever way you want.

But you will have to select one benefit/offer from your list above for any cruise booked after December 31, 2008.

If you book a cruise prior to December 31, 2008, and do not change it, you will receive any/all from your list.......except the Thank You Coupon, I believe.

Balcony Discount

Stock Benefit

C&A Coupons

Thank You Coupons

NC on board credit

So are you saying that you can still apply the benefits when you receive a free cruise?

Interesting, if that is what you are asking because recently I was talking to a C&A rep. and she did mention that some people are booking and end up with a positive balance. She mentioned this might be something coming to an end.

So number 2 it is????????

Just an FYI

IF you do change a NC booking to a new sail date and ship, your submitted stock ownership OBC will be dropped. Why? because the amount might change due to your sailing days.

Thanks again 64.

Oops!!!!!!!!!!! I meant to say 3.........just as I had suspected:)

Archived