Cabin Key Question

ncdachsiemom

We have booked 6 cabins for a family Christmas cruise, and to take advantage of senior and residency discounts, half of us will be in different cabins from what we booked. (RCCL suggested we do that.) We will need to have our keys fixed to open the cabin we are actually staying in. Since everything is tied to your cabin key, we can't just trade keys. I am filling out all of our forms with each person tied to their own credit card for billing purposes, so that part is no problem. Has anyone ever done this, and can you tell me what we will need to do. :confused:

THANKS!!

you could tie the credit card to the room they will actually be in. I know when I did all the online check in stuff for our family cruise I just put my inlaws on one of their credit cards and my family on our credit card...there were 2 of them and 3 of us. so you can actually have a different credit card for each person

I don't know how RCCL does it, but on Carnival you just all need to go to the pursers desk and they will change all the keys to be what you need them to be

RCCL does the same. Just go to the Purser's desk and they will issue new keys or at least give you additional keys so that you can access the other cabins.

tonyt

RCCL does the same. Just go to the Purser's desk and they will issue new keys or at least give you additional keys so that you can access the other cabins.

tonyt

....and only the "master" key(s) to each room assigned as desired by the person(s) in that room will have credit card access. The rest will only open the doors.

You don't need to make a special trip to the purser's desk--just tell them who will be where when you board and do check-in. They don't care where anyone sleeps. It's easier to take care of this when you check-in.

We tried this several times and they told us to go to the Purser's desk. However, it doesn't hurt to ask at check in.

tonyt

Archived