When to request deviation

YooperGale

Hi,

At what point can a person request a deviation?

If you maketwo requests at the same time (for example, late afternoon two days before saiing),is that 1 deviation ($50.00 pp) or more than that?

Thanks,

Gale

Hi,

If you maketwo requests at the same time (for example, late afternoon two days before saiing),is that 1 deviation ($50.00 pp) or more than that?

Thanks,

Gale

Thats only one deviation

Hi,

Thanks,

Gale

Most cruise lines don't charge until you accept the deviation flights but check with your TA

You can pick the flights you want then submit them and see if there is any upcharge.

You can just tell the cruise line what dates you want to travel & see what they come up with

I would request them starting at least 6 months from sailing or when the cruise line have their contracts in place.

Hi,

Thanks,

Gale

I wouldn't wait until two days before sailing. The idea with deviation is that you book way ahead to get exactly what you want (within the airlines the cruiseline you are using has contracts with).

The deviation fee is per person. Find out what airlines they use and ask by Flight number.

Hi,

Thanks,

Gale

For your particular cruise (Easter/Spring Break), you need to request deviation IMMEDIATELY. And don't be surprised if the upcharges are HUGE.

Just curious-why didn't you book either the flights I found or the flights Steve in MSP found? Got you to LA on March 20 and got you out of Florida with decent times and connections? And my price was the same as your current price, WITHOUT the deviation fees. Steve's was cheaper, but he had the wrong dates. Just curious???

HI Greatam,

Somehow I missed the post your eferred to, but I have looked at it now.

An early morning flight out of MSP would mean leaving home a day early and having another night in a hotel. Thehotel part wouldn't be bad, but several of us have commitments on the 19th.

However, using your Orbitz suggestion and looking again, I found a Delta flight out of Miami for a savings of $200 some dollars a couple.

Our ship (the Pride) puts into Miami at 8am. Now I just have to find outif we could make a 12:20 flight.

Whether this works out or not, thanks soooo much for your help.

Gale

For your particular cruise (Easter/Spring Break), you need to request deviation IMMEDIATELY. And don't be surprised if the upcharges are HUGE.

Just curious-why didn't you book either the flights I found or the flights Steve in MSP found? Got you to LA on March 20 and got you out of Florida with decent times and connections? And my price was the same as your current price, WITHOUT the deviation fees. Steve's was cheaper, but he had the wrong dates. Just curious???

HI Greatam,

An early morning flight out of MSP would mean leaving home a day early and having another night in a hotel. Thehotel part wouldn't be bad, but several of us have commitments on the 19th.

However, using your Orbitz suggestion and looking again, I found a Delta flight out of Miami for a savings of $200 some dollars a couple.

Our ship (the Pride) puts into Miami at 8am. Now I just have to find outif we could make a 12:20 flight.

Whether this works out or not, thanks soooo much for your help.

Gale

Please don't count on the Delta/NW combination flights. The changes in schedules and availability could be HUGE due to the merger. No one knows at this point. Example: 300 people booked out of MIA to MSP after noon on the combo NW/Delta flight. The NW/Delta merger CANCELS the afternoon flight. The flight schedule is changed to 10:00AM, 2:00PM and 6:00PM. Since NO ONE will make the 10:00AM flight from a cruise, all the people on that flight will now be fighting for seats on the 2 and 6PM flights. NOT enough space and could be a real nightmare trying to get home.

One BIG reason I recommended an AA flight out of MIA. The chances of totally canceling an AA flight out of MIA are slim and none.

PLEASE book something soon. Flights are filling up rapidly for prime time Spring Break and Easter. You are making me nervous trying to find the absolutely lowest price. You may be severely punished waiting too long.

HI Greatam,

Gale

OP - probably because you just keep asking the same question in different forums and are getting lost with all the answers. You have pretty much received every explanation you can get. I am really not sure you are understanding the answers about deviations and upcharges. It appears from your other posts that your TA has not even told you what the upcharges will be if you choose an air deviation.

Greatam is absolutely correct. You are flying in prime time. If you are really concerned about saving money, you really should make a decision and book quickly before all the lower fare buckets are sold out.

Hi,

If some of you are getting nervous about me not booking air yet, imagine how nervous I am! The only thing that keeps me from absolutely panicking is that we can use Carnival air.

My TA (who has never let me down) tells me there will be no charge for a deviation beyond the $50.00 per person. She filled out the forms today and was told we will have an answer in 48 hours to 10 days.

You are right about asking too many questions in too many places (although that's not quite how you worded it). I am on information overload. One reason I have not alreadya booked is because other people are involved, so it's not totally up to me.

By the way, the best price I found (on Delta) was gone a couple hours later.

I sincerely thank all of for your help, and I will let you know what happens with this deviation request.

Gale

Archived