Pics of Carnival Destiny Category 1A w/portholes

letscruisegd

• 2 months later...

We booked the Carnival Freedom 1a with sofa and twin bed- it seems like this room is similar. Has anyone stayed in this type room? Can we put the beds together very easily? We got a great deal so booked this typ room but would rather sleep together. The sofa has a pull out but it is twin sized.

• 2 years later...

How comfortable is that couch? I'm staying in a room on main deck and one of us will have to sleep on the couch. There's just a twin bed and no upper. My travel agent said they are totally comfortable and just as good as a bed, but that photo doesn't make it look so hot.

I got that room because of the porthole. I don't really mind an inside cabin, but the lack of light makes me sleep for ever and ever. It's nice, but I also feel like I miss the whole cruise sometimes.

How comfortable is that couch?

I cruised solo so the couch was never opened to a bed. I took a quick nap on the couch a couple of times and it was quite comfortable. I actually started out watching TV and ended up taking a nap.:) I believe whoever sleeps on the couch would sleep comfortably.

We booked the Carnival Freedom 1a with sofa and twin bed- it seems like this room is similar. Has anyone stayed in this type room? Can we put the beds together very easily? We got a great deal so booked this typ room but would rather sleep together. The sofa has a pull out but it is twin sized.

The reason these cabins sell for less than a 4A is just because the beds are not supposed to be put together easily, or they would be able to charge more than a regular inside rate for them.

If you would rather sleep together, then book a regular inside or OV?

The covertible sofa is lower than the twin, but you could manage them together if you dont mind the different heights. FYI these do not pull out in any way. ...see the picture above ...its the size of a twin and they just make it up as a bed.

• 9 months later...

are these 1A cabins about the same size as the regular interior cabins? would you say they're about 185 sq ft? i'm trying to book a cabin for two people who will have a lot of equipment (about 20 sq ft of equipment). We'll call these two people D & J. The 1A cabins are cheaper than the interiors and I figure if they sleep on bunk beds, they'll have more floor space. Is that a correct assumption - that the bunk bed rooms have more floor/storage space?

I also have another single person (named P) who is currently booked in a regular cabin on the 6th deck. We could use the single person P's cabin for some storage equipment. They could only share the space if the rooms are near each other so should I just get another interior on deck 6? or try to do two 1A cabins?

Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!!

are these 1A cabins about the same size as the regular interior cabins? would you say they're about 185 sq ft? i'm trying to book a cabin for two people who will have a lot of equipment (about 20 sq ft of equipment). We'll call these two people D & J. The 1A cabins are cheaper than the interiors and I figure if they sleep on bunk beds, they'll have more floor space. Is that a correct assumption - that the bunk bed rooms have more floor/storage space?

I also have another single person (named P) who is currently booked in a regular cabin on the 6th deck. We could use the single person P's cabin for some storage equipment. They could only share the space if the rooms are near each other so should I just get another interior on deck 6? or try to do two 1A cabins?

Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!!

I'm curious about what equipment?

These are pics of room 1105 on the Rivera deck. I was a little concerned about being at the front of the ship on a lower deck but the room was great.

IMGP0056.jpg

IMGP0052.jpg

IMGP0053.jpg

IMGP0054.jpg

IMGP0055.jpg

I was on Destiny two years ago - gotta love the pink bathroom! LOL Looks like a great room.

• 4 months later...
These are pics of room 1105 on the Rivera deck. I was a little concerned about being at the front of the ship on a lower deck but the room was great.

IMGP0056.jpg

IMGP0052.jpg

IMGP0053.jpg

IMGP0054.jpg

IMGP0055.jpg

Great photos. Thanks for sharing!:D So do must 1A cabins in the front of Carnival ships look like this? Or just on the Destiny?

Archived