10/31 Star not really bright

mina

Agree with Cynbar...we prefer tables for two and sometimes feel as if we are given the evil eye from the Maitre' d when we request one...also when you are at a large table, we have experienced slower service due to the number of folks and courses, and have missed shows that we planned to see. We tend to order less courses, but the pace of your meal is determined by the ones who order the most courses.

We were on this sailing, and I think the OP's review was a fair one in terms of individual experience. Our individual experience was different, but I'd expect it to be - since it's an individual experience.

On another thread on recent Star sailings, I saw a specific waiter in the Capri diningroom recommended pretty highly. We requested that waiter the first night and liked him so well that we got a standing reservation for one of his tables. My opinion is that I've never had a better waiter than Adriano. His helper, Miguel, had just moved up from the buffet to the diningroom, but he was really good too. They both added a lot to our enjoyment of the cruise. Our table was a table for four, but after we got a standing reservation to it, we never had any meal companions assigned. This was nice, since my DH's back hurts him if he sits too long, as is often the case when we're seated with many other diners.

Breakfast and lunch service in the diningroom covered a spectrum all the way from very good to laughably bad. One waiter at lunch brought me the wrong dessert twice. Twice! Fortunately, in my mind, that put it into the category of funny rather than annoying.

Our cabin steward, Darwin, was pretty much perfect. He simply did exactly what he should, exactly when he should. Can't beat that.

I won't go on and on (too late?) but our cruise was great. :)

We were on the Sapphire (Mexico) in Sept and October and the pools were actually warm. It felt great and the pools were packed.

That is too bad that they were cold.

Exactly as they should be Coral! You know what I mean, but the Star staff, even the top staff, seem oblivous. Pools on the Sapphire were nicely heated when I was on her as also, as well as most of the other Princess ships. The staff chose to ignore our feedback on the Star. It is too bad, because like i said earlier, the pools themselves are GORGEOUS!

My goodness, this is judgmental!! DH and I are not anti-social or at all shy. We often (but not always) request a table for 2 because our regular lives are very busy and we welcome our time on a cruise to converse with each other. In addition, we find that at a large table, often one person monopolizes the conversation. But I think a wonderful part of modern cruising is that passengers get choices--- I don't see why this should invite insults.

I was not trying to insult anybody just asking the question. I was not actually calling anyone sad and don't remember posting they were anti-social I just feel slightly sad that society seems to have changed,I have never felt I had to share a table to make small talk,we have actually made lifelong friends and talked with many fascinating people.

People are been slightly too sensitive

Archived