My review: Navigator 11/22-11/27/08 ... or ... kewlguy is a nice guy

I saw that you mentioned the water being yellow during your sailing....was that just out of the tap in the bathroom? What did the water look like in the dining room? We are sailing out on the NOS tomorrow...think I just might bring a case of bottled water with us! ;)

I saw that you mentioned the water being yellow during your sailing....was that just out of the tap in the bathroom? What did the water look like in the dining room? We are sailing out on the NOS tomorrow...think I just might bring a case of bottled water with us! ;)

I didn't notice the water being yellow in the dining room ... but the lighting is also not quite as direct either. :)

Hey Bob, I am going on Nav. in a week and want to do Porto fro dinner. What night would would you skip the main dining and go there. I dont want to miss the good main dinner nights. Thanks Mike F.

Is yours a 5-day cruise with the same ports? For our cruise, Grand Cayman night (3rd night) was lobster night and the second night was of course formal night (escargot, lobster bisque, etc). The 4th night featured the lamb shank, which was tasty, but the rest was fairly forgettable.

Is yours a 5-day cruise with the same ports? For our cruise, Grand Cayman night (3rd night) was lobster night and the second night was of course formal night (escargot, lobster bisque, etc). The 4th night featured the lamb shank, which was tasty, but the rest was fairly forgettable.

Glad to know that...I've got Chops booked for our 4th night!

good review! We were on this crusie too and found the experience very similar. The service was hit or miss but most of the time (aside from dinner) it was miss. The main reason I chose Royal again is becuase our service had been great the first time on Enchantment. Now I would really have to think about weather or not I would do Royal again or try another line. It would sometimes take 10-15 minutes to get a drink. (unacceptable especially when the tips are already included) The ship was so much better though, so while I was impressed with the ship, I was disappointed with everything else aside from the entertainment like the Quest and Love and Marriage show. I thought the food choices would be better, but were not. I think I even remembered the food being better the last time. And forget the Windjammer. I quit eating in there the third day when I opened my silverwear and it had caked on food still on it. So my advice is either do cafe (which had good pizza and sandwiches and empanadas) or dining room or Chops or portifino for all meals. (No wonder I didn't gain weight on the cruise) The ports were so so, Jamaica is neat(minus poverty) but didn't appreciate being accosted and was glad we booked a group exursion to Dunns Falls. All in all we had fun, just don't go on a cruise expecting to get good food and if you get off ship do a planned excursion.

Gosh, I really loved Jamaica. I had a totally fun time walking and shopping, and meeting all the people. I guess I just don't see all the hawkers as a put-off. I got to know the market locals, and was rewarded with great shopping and "other" tips;).

I stayed at Ocho Rios for one week, definitely a blast.

good review! We were on this crusie too and found the experience very similar. The service was hit or miss but most of the time (aside from dinner) it was miss. The main reason I chose Royal again is becuase our service had been great the first time on Enchantment. Now I would really have to think about weather or not I would do Royal again or try another line. It would sometimes take 10-15 minutes to get a drink. (unacceptable especially when the tips are already included) The ship was so much better though, so while I was impressed with the ship, I was disappointed with everything else aside from the entertainment like the Quest and Love and Marriage show. I thought the food choices would be better, but were not. I think I even remembered the food being better the last time. And forget the Windjammer. I quit eating in there the third day when I opened my silverwear and it had caked on food still on it. So my advice is either do cafe (which had good pizza and sandwiches and empanadas) or dining room or Chops or portifino for all meals. (No wonder I didn't gain weight on the cruise) The ports were so so, Jamaica is neat(minus poverty) but didn't appreciate being accosted and was glad we booked a group exursion to Dunns Falls. All in all we had fun, just don't go on a cruise expecting to get good food and if you get off ship do a planned excursion.

I'd agree that there were some definite cleanliness issues with the silverware in the WJ. I also opened up the napkin once to find dried food inside. Maybe the wash cycle was shortened with the yellow water? :o

I'd agree that there were some definite cleanliness issues with the silverware in the WJ. I also opened up the napkin once to find dried food inside. Maybe the wash cycle was shortened with the yellow water? :o

No, the yellow water was being use in the Seattle's Best machines in Cafe Promenade. Also, consider yourself lucky that it wasn't steak residue or you may have been surcharged since there's now a fee for that.

There thankfully was no appearance of "pay steak" on the main dining room menu. Though this reminds me ... I had a tough time a few nights deciding on what to eat. I generally default to the beef dish, but a few weeks ago I got food poisoning at Disneyworld. It happened after a big steak dinner, but even if the steak was innocent, in my mind the two are connected and I'm not quite to the point of eating beef again ... which I guess is a positive because it led me to trying (and enjoying) the duck, lamb, etc.

I've finally uploaded my pics ... nothing too exciting probably (didn't take a whole lot considering I've been to stops before and have been on the same class of ship several times) but I think there are a few good shots on there. The link is, as always, in my sig.

JUst got off the Navigator yesterday for the 4 day Thanksgiving cruise. I agree with the comments about the staff. The stewards that were in the hallway rarely looked up and offered a greeting. I have never seen this before on any cruise. Usually, the staff goes out of their way to be friendly. Also, the passengers on our sailing were the least friendly group that I have ever experienced. They were very rude and aggressive about saving chairs and seats. They lacked the air of fun and vacation that I usually see on a ship. Also, the water was still yellow, and in our cabin, we did not get any cold water. So, we brushed our teeth with warm, yellow water. YUM!

JUst got off the Navigator yesterday for the 4 day Thanksgiving cruise. I agree with the comments about the staff. The stewards that were in the hallway rarely looked up and offered a greeting. I have never seen this before on any cruise. Usually, the staff goes out of their way to be friendly. Also, the passengers on our sailing were the least friendly group that I have ever experienced. They were very rude and aggressive about saving chairs and seats. They lacked the air of fun and vacation that I usually see on a ship. Also, the water was still yellow, and in our cabin, we did not get any cold water. So, we brushed our teeth with warm, yellow water. YUM!

Hi Arph...do you happen to have the Compasses??? I'm sorry to hear your poor review! I'll be on her 12/20. I refuse to think negative! I'm soooo looking forward to it!

I do have some of the Compasses, but I don't know how to scan them. I can answer any questions you might have, though. Also, sorry if it seemed like a poor review. It was just an observation. It didn't affect my trip at all. I actually had a wonderful time. I would never let someone else's bad mood ruin a vacation for me. The crew just seemed a little more reserved, that's all. Also, we had the best waiter in the dining room. His name was Rado and he was from Bulgaria. We were a large group of 14, and he went out of his way to accomodate everyone. I am sure you will have a great time!

I do have some of the Compasses, but I don't know how to scan them. I can answer any questions you might have, though. Also, sorry if it seemed like a poor review. It was just an observation. It didn't affect my trip at all. I actually had a wonderful time. I would never let someone else's bad mood ruin a vacation for me. The crew just seemed a little more reserved, that's all. Also, we had the best waiter in the dining room. His name was Rado and he was from Bulgaria. We were a large group of 14, and he went out of his way to accomodate everyone. I am sure you will have a great time!

No arph...don't apologize...you have every right to share your experience...and I'm sure they are valid...and true. Everyone that has come off the ship since its return from the Med and shared your sentiment. But, I'm going to push that out of my thoughts, because I don't want to let it ruin my excitement. Supposedly...one CC member spoke with his friend, a crew member, and they said they were treated real bad by the Europeans and it really brought down moral. So I hope they cheer up because I'm coming!!! :p

The Compasses....hhmmm...what night is formal night? Does it say we have to reserve for the ice show? Was there a guitarist in the "two poets pub"? And anything that stands out to you. I'm traveling with my DH and my 2 sons...13 and 19. Oh yeah...what times...and what days were the parades?

Thanks so much...and Happy Holidays!

Self disembarkation started around 7:45am. Formal night was Friday, our first full day. You do not need to reserve seats for the ice show, but if you plan on going to the first show, get there early. The later shows were not as crowded. There were 2 parades. The first one was the first night at 11:15pm and the second one was the last night at 10:45pm. The first was a meet the crew theme and the last was a Mardi Gras theme. There also was a 70s street party on Friday night with an appearance by the Village People. The Don't forget the Lyrics game could have been more fun, but our contestants forgot most of the lyrics, so it got kind of dull.

In Cozumel, we went to Paradise Beach and later went shopping. We had some children with us and they wanted to do a lot of the activities at Paradise Beach. We rented a banana boat, got their hair braided, climbed the coconut tree, jumped on the trampoline and iceberg etc. I was in Cozumel in July and I would recommend going to Carlos and Charlies if you really want to have a lot of fun. I am not a big drinker, but you can really have a good time just watching the people there. Everyone in a group of 13 had a ball just relaxing and laughing.

Self disembarkation started around 7:45am. Formal night was Friday, our first full day. You do not need to reserve seats for the ice show, but if you plan on going to the first show, get there early. The later shows were not as crowded. There were 2 parades. The first one was the first night at 11:15pm and the second one was the last night at 10:45pm. The first was a meet the crew theme and the last was a Mardi Gras theme. There also was a 70s street party on Friday night with an appearance by the Village People. The Don't forget the Lyrics game could have been more fun, but our contestants forgot most of the lyrics, so it got kind of dull.

Thanks Arph!

Archived