Corey Schmidt In Vegas ?

MrPete

You both may enjoy the free show at The Forum shops, I think its called Atlantis. You would want to get there about 20 minutes ahead of time so your daughter gets a good spot. Also the rides at Ceasars and Luxor are lots of fun. Some are 3-D. $10/per give or take.

The show at TI "Sirens" would not be good for a 6 year old and you also would have to like getting squished in the crowd. I personally would never do that one again.

Behind The Mirage is "The Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat" of Z&R. If she likes zoo's these are incredibly beautiful animals. I think its $12.00/per and children under 10 are free. I think there is a small fee for the Dolphin's.

Looks like a couple of tours of some of the "interesting" hotels, and then back to swim a bit. None of us are gamblers!

Which are some of the WOW places, to be seen and not to be missed?

Mr Pete my recommendation is for the Brew Pub located in the back of the Monte Carlo. It doesn't have a great view or show girls or anything, but the food is very very good, the beers are outstanding and we always get good service there. We take our four year old son with us and he really enjoys it too. There are lots of TVs playing sports and it is kind of noisy but that's the kind of place we like to go with our son....noisy....then we blend right in. :D

I don't remember if you will have a rental car but if you do a morning or afternoon should be devoted to Red Rock State Park. It is breathtaking. There are tons of hiking trails and if hiking isn't your thing then the loop drive will get you lots of sites with very little effort. Definitely worth it to get out of LV central and check out the surrounding deserts!!!

The Forum Shops at Caesars has 2 fountain shows, Atlantis and the Festival Fountain. I would see the Festival Fountain show first and save Atlantis for last, since it's more impressive. They both have statues that come to life and would be really neat for a 6 yr old to see. They both start on the hour.

There is also a large aquarium behind the Atlantis fountain which has tons of beautiful tropical fish. If you time it right, you can go on a behind the scenes aquarium tour, which are at 1:15 and 5:15. I went right after the Atlantis 1:00 o'clock show. You get to see where the fish are raised before they make it to the aquarium, and they have touch tanks. They also have a tank of clownfish, which of course look like little Nemos. You also see the "guts" of the Atlantis fountain, which was pretty neat.

Another thing your child might like is the wildlife habitat in the rear of the Flamingo. Lots of animals including penguins, and of course, flamingos! Here's a website with the free attractions in Vegas:

http://www.vegas.com/attractions/freeattractions.html

Thanks for all the suggestions! We'll be on our plane at 11:50 tomorrow morning.

Now to tie this back to cruising.

We are meeting up with a couple tomorrow in Vegas that we met on our first cruise in 1988, cruised again with in 1989, 1990, 1995, and 1998, attempted to cruise with in 1993 and 1997 (God had other plans with a blizzard and a death, so they had to cancel). They are West coast and we are East.

Should be interesting. Wife has no idea.

:o

• 1 year later...
Norman..

Any update to this?

Considering the last posting to this thread was over a year ago, I'm doubting the veracity of the source.

I Guess it depends on how "soon" soon is. :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh....I love Vegas...was there last month, and stayed at the Aladdin for $49 a night...what a deal...came home, and cruised a few weeks later. We are STILL talking about Vegas, and can't wait to go back. The best hotel rates seem to be in Nov/Dec. I was there last December and got a great rate at TI, but I am wondering if I will ever be able to beat or match Aladdin for $49 a night.

Marie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

First of all let me say thank you for all of your kind comments about me. I would like to share with you from "my" lips, well, my laptop some things as life has taken a 180 degree turn. I left Carnival to produce and star in my own show in Lake Tahoe. About 2 months after leaving the ships 2 of my star birds, "Angel" my free flyer that did the magic and the dollar bill behavior with the guest on the balcony and Daisy, who rolled around on the stage and took a seed so gently from a childs mouth.

Obviously, this put the brakes on my show in Tahoe and had me contemplating what to do. I took some time off to regroup and i did think about going back to Carnival, but there was a crisis with my family in Reno, so I did what any good family member would do and ran our jewelry & loan store for about 3 years until the smoke cleared. Well, anyone that has sailed with me knows, I "need" to entertain.

I now live in Simi Valley, Ca, and work as a Location Manager for the movie & TV biz. I am currently working for Showtime/Dreamworks on a new TV show that will start airing in mid Jan. It is called "The United States of Tara" starring Toni Collete (Little Miss Sunshine) and John Corbet (My Big Fat Greek Wedding) who is dating Bo Derek which is cool to have a real live "10" around all the time! This show is a Steven Speilberg concept and has his stamp on it and I am sure it will be a hit! Google it and read the story line which is a dark comedy.

I do still have birds, as a matter of fact, I have a partner now and we have almost 300, yes, 300 birds from finches to macaws and we are placing bird hut/photo opp/strolling entertainment venues in various locations from theme parks, resorts around the country to car washes right here in Simi Valley where I live.

So life is good and after reading a lot of these posts after all of years I thought I would let you know the "real" story about me and life after a Cruise Director.

Best regards,

Corey "Birdman" Schmidt

First of all let me say thank you for all of your kind comments about me. I would like to share with you from "my" lips, well, my laptop some things as life has taken a 180 degree turn. I left Carnival to produce and star in my own show in Lake Tahoe. About 2 months after leaving the ships 2 of my star birds, "Angel" my free flyer that did the magic and the dollar bill behavior with the guest on the balcony and Daisy, who rolled around on the stage and took a seed so gently from a childs mouth.

Obviously, this put the brakes on my show in Tahoe and had me contemplating what to do. I took some time off to regroup and i did think about going back to Carnival, but there was a crisis with my family in Reno, so I did what any good family member would do and ran our jewelry & loan store for about 3 years until the smoke cleared. Well, anyone that has sailed with me knows, I "need" to entertain.

I now live in Simi Valley, Ca, and work as a Location Manager for the movie & TV biz. I am currently working for Showtime/Dreamworks on a new TV show that will start airing in mid Jan. It is called "The United States of Tara" starring Toni Collete (Little Miss Sunshine) and John Corbet (My Big Fat Greek Wedding) who is dating Bo Derek which is cool to have a real live "10" around all the time! This show is a Steven Speilberg concept and has his stamp on it and I am sure it will be a hit! Google it and read the story line which is a dark comedy.

I do still have birds, as a matter of fact, I have a partner now and we have almost 300, yes, 300 birds from finches to macaws and we are placing bird hut/photo opp/strolling entertainment venues in various locations from theme parks, resorts around the country to car washes right here in Simi Valley where I live.

So life is good and after reading a lot of these posts after all of years I thought I would let you know the "real" story about me and life after a Cruise Director.

Best regards,

Corey "Birdman" Schmidt

Wow Birdman!

I was wondering who was resurrecting an old thread when I opening my email inbox, to be treated by a response by Mr. Schmidt himself. :p

It's great to read your update. Good luck to you with all that!

There's something missing in your 1st paragraph, or I mised it. Did something tragic really happen?

Again, good luck to you. I personally enjoyed you as a CD better than another who is greatly admired here, and was fortunate to enjoy your productions three times.

Wow. A Corey siting. :D Great to hear from you. Was just thinking about you not long ago. One of my best cruises ever with you on the Conquest.

Good luck on your new venture.

Pete, I have to agree with you. Corey was my favorite CD too.

Archived