I think I have a problem......

cutrat

I just got off the phone with my PVP and booked another cruise. That makes four booked for next year! I can't help myself and think I need help. I also have a two week trip planned to Mexico for February.

Now that ive admitted I have a problem, how do you guys get the time off work? I'm self employeed, but my wife is not and we have always been up front about our travels plans but they may have a problem with her being gone for five weeks next year:eek:

I just got off the phone with my PVP and booked another cruise. That makes four booked for next year! I can't help myself and think I need help. I also have a two week trip planned to Mexico for February.

Now that ive admitted I have a problem, how do you guys get the time off work? I'm self employeed, but my wife is not and we have always been up front about our travels plans but they may have a problem with her being gone for five weeks next year:eek:

:DOld Jobs are over rated.. Tell her to tell her NEW JOB that she needs those five weeks off in order to accept the position..;)

I earn 5 weeks of vacation per year, but only go on one cruise. We kind of have to visit family and see ours kids occasionally.:D DH earns 4 weeks. I do agree that a cruise would take your mind off the problem.

Hey there. Just reading your post and noticed we are taking the same cruise next year (Conquest 9-13 throught the 20th) Just thought I would mention that. Too bad that they don't have a CAA group!! (Cruise-Aholics Annominous) I would be in the same boat right now if it wasn't for my husband putting his foot down and telling me no when I try to book more cruises :( It is just too hard waiting for the next one.

Iv got 5 booked. After 4 I promised my parents that I wouldnt book any more, in fact Im not sure they knew I had 4, well now I have 5. At least I got a good selection of trips planned. None of mine are B2Bs either, I cant be gone that long as Im the only driver.

Because I'm terrified of flying, I've never really taken a vacation. I'd take long weekends (Friday - Sunday or Saturday - Monday) and go with friends to the beach or something but never week long vacations anywhere. Then I decided to me and DH would try a 4-day cruise to see if we liked it and the rest is history! We're totally hooked! I can get a ship in Jacksonville, FL which is a 2 hour drive or Pt. Canaveral which is a 4 1/2 hour drive! No flying necessary!

Due to not travelling or taking long vacations after being on my job for quite awhile, I had almost 3 months of vacation time accrued, so now I am able to cruise at least 2 times a year and also continue to tack on vacation time!

As long as I continue to be blessed and able to save a few dollars for cruising, I should reach Platinum in no time!

I started a new job late in the year and we had a cruise booked for November...I told them in order for me to accept the position I needed extra vacation time guaranteed so I can take the cruise...they agreed, we had a great time and we are looking forward to our next cruise!! :D:D:D

I say if you can afford them take them! :D Life is to short not to enjoy. My DH is up to five weeks a year off and has so much sick time accured they're telling him to start taking that! And I work in a temp job so if they don't like my taking the time off.......they can find someone else and I can find another temp job. :) We are very lucky and can afford to put all my earnings in a savings account which becomes the spending money on our Cruises. As for being addicited I say WELCOME to the group! We've got 2009 planned and are working on 2010 we want to add Hawaii in the fall. But chances are there will be at least on shorter Cruise added in both years. As for the money is there any better value out there? :p

If your DW can't get the time off you could always ask for volunteers to take her place :D

What I want to know is how you can manage so much time away. My DH and I have our own business, but it really takes o/t to prepare to go and once we are back more o/t. How do you do it?

You are stimulating the economy!!! Don't worry about your 'problem'. All of us here are in the same boat. :D

I think your problem is your ego not the fact you have too many cruises planned. Try not being so conceited and boasting about your trips.

:eek: whoa

a little jealous it seems.....

If people booking cruises bothers you this much, then Cruise Critic is the LAST place you should be spending any time.

OP....'Brag' all you like. It's nice to see happy people on here once in a while opposed to all the pissed off folks complaining and whining.

:)

Time and money-if you got it go crazy!!!

I have three booked for next year and I have to buy an additional week of holiday as I am going to use two weeks worth of holidays for January and September. I'll need the extra week's holidays for April. I accrue 4 weeks so far and I am seven years away from five weeks!

As for stimulating the economy, trust me, the cruise lines like it when I cruise because my sail and sign is at least $1200+ and half of it is spa and shops onboard!!!

Simple solution. Go without your wife. Maybe you have a friend that can do a cruise with you.

Maybe we need to do an intervention? Tell you what just because I'm a nice guy I'll take my DW on one of your cruises. Just to ease your mind a bit :D

Archived