Fuel surcharge gone, but per person rate up

tommy2tone_1999

I checked my cruise this morning and it went up $100 total. I checked it at lunch, and it came down $30 cheaper than the original quote. The per person rate has gone up, but the fuel surcharge is gone.:p

That's what a lot of people wanted.

Now Carnival is still getting the extra money and people don't feel like they're getting nickel and dimed.

In the end you're still paying the same as you were before with the fuel surcharge.

Bill

Right. It's better this way. At least the price is the real price now, instead of here's the price, oh and by the way you have to pay for a fuel supplement too.

Actually, I preferred the supplement. This way I can book at the lower rates with the supplement added. If they deem the supplement no longer necessary, I get the money back on top of the lower rate.

With the changes in how price drops are being given, snagging that potential lower rate based on the rise and fall of the fuel costs is going to be pretty darn difficult.

JMHO, of course. :)

Actually, I preferred the supplement. This way I can book at the lower rates with the supplement added. If they deem the supplement no longer necessary, I get the money back on top of the lower rate.

With the changes in how price drops are being given, snagging that potential lower rate based on the rise and fall of the fuel costs is going to be pretty darn difficult.

JMHO, of course. :)

There's a story on Fox this morning saying oil could easily drop to $25/barrel next year. If this is true, the supplement will be gone for quite a while and possibly the cruiselines have learned from their mistakes and will do away with the supplement for good and just raise the cost of cruises as their expenses go up, which is all they were really doing anyway. People just got so nuts over the word "supplement".

Archived