premium restaurants-for those who have been to Tamarind and PG

whenzuc

On the Eurodam Jan 3. We are travelling with our three adult children- 18, 18, 23 yrs old. I've pre-booked Tamarind twice and Pinnacle Grill once. Is there enough to pick from at the Tamarind to want to go twice? Should we change the double night to the Pinnacle? I have heard that the Tamarind is great. Does it really warrant going to it twice? We have the As you Wishing dining, so that is a concern. I have been to the PG before on the Westerdam and enjoyed it. Help please for those of you who have eaten at the Tamarind.

Tamarind is worth a repeat visit or three - Great food and greater service by the smiling ladies!

Don't forget Canaletto - Different and, since a part of the Lido, not as nice an ambiance as PG or Tamarind but the food is good so definitely also worth a try!

We were on the Eurodam for a week in November and ate in both speciality restaurants and enjoyed both. I think you can definately find enough different things to eat to do the Tamarind twice. They do a soup, appetizer, main dish and desert menu that allows a lot of flexibility.

I would also suggest doing a night in Caneletto's (Within the Lido Restaurant) Italian restaurant. The food there was excellent, soup or salad, appetizer, main dish and desert and the service was as good as the other speciality restaurants without the extra charges. I was very impressed and gave our waiter a seperate tip because the food and service were worth it.

Have a great next cruise.

Just off the Eurodam and thought both the Pinnacle and Tamarind were fabulous! In fact, we ate in the Pinnacle three times for dinner and many times for breakfast. We also dined in the Tamarind twice for dinner and once for lunch. There is definitely enough variety on either menu to dine there multiple times. We were very disappointed in the main dining room and would have dined at the other venues more if we could have gotten reservations.

We went by the Canaletto a couple of times -- the noise level there was terrible. We didn't eat there as a result.

We had dinner at the Pinnacle the first week -- the lobster was GREAT -- much better than in the dining room. We tried to get reservations for the second week -- everything except 9 PM was taken for Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, and Wed even before the ship sailed!!!

That's why we ate a lot in the Tamarind.

On a fourteen-night trip we dined in Tamarind three times, twice with our main DR tablemates. I did not repeat my order, but would have been happy to. Not a bite less than delicious, and there was plenty remaining that sounded great.

Do not forget the sushi/sashimi and rijsttafel options.

One of the best things about Eurodam!

Cheers

Mark

is that the entire meal- I order a sampler- or is it on the menu?

In the Dining room they will whip a meal together (rice, two sticks Sate/peanut sauce, an Indonesian spicy meatball, a chicken leg and some Krupuk (shrimp crackers). Not sure about the Tamarind, Krazy Kruizers has an updated menu

Hi

We were on the Eurodam last summer and ate in the Tamarind 3 times. Our 15 year old grandson grew tired, but we could have eaten there every day (we lived in Thailand and Malaysia).

The rijstahful was marvelous and we preordered it. It was a real one and not just stuff put together. We had one of the first they did and they were very proud!!

Even if you can't get a reservation, you should go and often there is space. It costs a little, but worth every penny! The Cannelleto was also great.

Josephone

Sorry to be so dense when it comes to understanding the meaning of rijsttafel? Is it a generic term for sampling, or only as it relates to a general sampling of the Tamarind menu? When you say that I can preorder it in the dining room and it is authentic, can you please explain this further. I am sorry that I am not understanding. i am still confused. Sorry!!!!!!!!

Hi

You are not dense. The Dutch had Indonesia as a protectorate for many years. The Rijstahful was developed by them. It is very popular in Holland. It is a little bit of everything that you find in Indonesian with lovely small plates of spices and nuts and coconut. I can't describe it well, but there are several folks on this board who can tell you much more about it. It does include satay and some other well known dishes.

You will enjoy it!!!! Also, they will fine a lovely wine to accompany it.

I hope that helps a little.

Josephone

so this is served in the main dining room, not just the Tamarind?

No

Just in Tamarind. The MDR may have satay and other Indonesian offerings (Nasi Gorend, for example) from time to time.

Rijsttafel is time/labor/table space intensive.

Cheers

Mark

Archived