Help with dining room seat assignment

abbydancer2003

I've just booked a coastal on the Star in May. We have late traditional as we always do.

A friend also booked the same cruise and requested late dining. We'd like to sit together, but we used different travel agents.

My TA says it's very difficult to link two reservations from different agencies, and that it doesn't always work. His suggestion is to either see the Maitre'd when we board, or to switch to anytime and request a standing reservation.

Is he correct? Does anyone know if there is a way to link the two together easily? If not, how likely is it that we can take care of it at boarding?

Thanks much!

Hi Abbydancer

Your TA is either lazy or stupid! Last year, my TA linked 12 of us on a cruise that involved 3 different TA's. It was accomplished with no problems.

I would call him back and tell him that many other TA's do it all the time, and why can't he?

Fair winds

Dave

Maybe your TA doesn't know how to do this. Just last week I linked our booking with a friend who uses a different TA for a cruise we are on together next year. It took my TA only a few minutes to let me know it was done. One thing though, both travel agents have to link the bookings for this to happen, from what I am told it can't be just yours but both travel agents. ;)

Yes -- we have done this. But the Booking Numbers have to be given to the TA who is requesting the link. Either TA can do it. Princess has stopped showing the linked Numbers on the Cruise Personalizer even after they have been linked.

My TA says it's very difficult to link two reservations from different agencies, and that it doesn't always work.

Thanks much!

Just confirm on a different day that you are linked together. A cruise I took with 2 different TAs and 4 cabins between us supposedly had been linked. I called to confirm this with the TA a few weeks later, and turns out they were not linked, but the agent on was on the phone with fixed it. We would have been disappointed if I hadn't caught it and we were not together for meals.

Yes you can link your dining assignment from two different TA's. They both have to do it.

But it doesn't always work. We were "linked" and when we got onboard we were at different tables. Managed to get it corrected though.

Your TA is either lazy or stupid!

Dave has that right. We have done this many times, sometimes involving up to 5 different TAs, and never a problem. It does though take your TA (and theirs) about 5 minutes but if they want to continue to get your business they ought to do so willingly.

Archived