car rental landing in ft lauderdale - port everglade cruise

whenzuc

Help please. Need a car for 5- We are picking up car on Jan 1 in Fort Lauderdale Airport and dropping the car off when we board in Port Everglade. I have a choice of 2 car companies now- Alamo and National-I have the best prices with pick up and drop off at airport rental location. Will this be a real pain to return the car at the airport location over the locations closer to the port? Details please. if anyone has a really good discount code- please send them my way! Is it worth paying more to rent a Thrify car in FLL and then drop it at Miami Rd? Sorry to post here. No action on the Florida departures board.

We used Thrifty for our Eurodam cruise. We picked up at the airport and dropped off at the location on Miami road. They provided a shuttle to the pier. It was not more expensive for us to drop at the Miami road location. Thrifty was the cheapest for what we needed and does not provide a shuttle from the airport to Port Everglades like the other major rental companies. If its not cheaper to do Thrifty, I would go with cheapest. The shuttles work the same. Actually the car rental shuttles from FLL were more abundant than the Thrifty car shuttle.

I rented a car from Avis at the airport and when we returned the car Avis drove us to the Pier in the rental car so we didn't even have to transfer luggage to a shuttle bus. Not sure if this was because we happened to have a nice customer service representative and it was a slow day or standard service but I did appreciate and tipped the driver. My original plan was to turn in the car and take a taxi but this saved me a couple of dollars and was more convienent. I usually try to rent from companies that are in the airport terminal when possible so we don't have to handle luggage on and off the shuttle bus or have someone wait with the luggage while the other person gets the car, etc. To me it is worth a couple of dollars more for the service.

Help please. Need a car for 5- We are picking up car on Jan 1 in Fort Lauderdale Airport and dropping the car off when we board in Port Everglade. I have a choice of 2 car companies now- Alamo and National-I have the best prices with pick up and drop off at airport rental location. Will this be a real pain to return the car at the airport location over the locations closer to the port? Details please. if anyone has a really good discount code- please send them my way! Is it worth paying more to rent a Thrify car in FLL and then drop it at Miami Rd? Sorry to post here. No action on the Florida departures board.

Why are you renting a car? Will you be spending one or more days in Fort Lauderdale? Ordinarily, taxi from airport to cruise terminal takes ten minutes and costs about $10 -- even if you need two, it will still be cheaper (and easier) than rental car.

I'm renting a car during the same dates. Cheapest I found was Thrifty using the Orlando Magic Card code: 004M001010. It's currently $30/day, including extra driver fees.

We just got back last Sunday. We used Avis and there is a shuttle that runs from the airport to the cruiseport. This shuttle is for anyone renting a car at FLL. Go with the best price. I found a code on another thread, I think it was the thread about ports East Coast. It cut the price of our rental by about 40%.

Help please. Need a car for 5- We are picking up car on Jan 1 in Fort Lauderdale Airport and dropping the car off when we board in Port Everglade. I have a choice of 2 car companies now- Alamo and National-I have the best prices with pick up and drop off at airport rental location. Will this be a real pain to return the car at the airport location over the locations closer to the port? Details please. if anyone has a really good discount code- please send them my way! Is it worth paying more to rent a Thrifty car in FLL and then drop it at Miami Rd? Sorry to post here. No action on the Florida departures board.

As of last December, the shuttle bus from the FLL airport to PT. Everglades was for most car rental companies but not all (not Thrifty or Budget). I cannot remember if Alamo was part of the deal, but I remember that National was. I used Avis last year, and am booked for National later this month.

Alamo and National have the same parent company and often share cars at some locations. National is the more upscale side of the business (marketed to business travelers) while Alamo is marketed to families on vacation. I think National can provide better service, but that is no guarantee.

• 3 months later...
I have a rental booked with Thrifty to return to FLL. Should I change it to drop at Miami Road? or leave it as it is and get shuttle from FLL to Port Everglades?

I rented a couple of weeks ago from Thrifty at FLL, and just asked them when I picked up the car if I could return to the Miami Road location. No problem.

I have a rental booked with Thrifty to return to FLL. Should I change it to drop at Miami Road? or leave it as it is and get shuttle from FLL to Port Everglades?

Thrifty has a shuttle to the port and it should not be an issue switching to dropping it off there. The rental car shuttle from the airport is not for Thrifty customers.

We had rented cars pre- and post-cruise to be picked up the airport pre-cruise (somehow online booking wouldn't let me to book the post-cruise car from Miami Rd). When I picked up the car pre-cruise I arranged to pick-up the post-cruise car at the Miami Rd location and it was not an issue.

Archived