Buying a Bathing suit on the Diamond?

Palomino

We leave on our cruise in a week and a half, and my sister doesn't have a bathing suit. She is busy at work and doesn't want to have to face that unsettling task of suit shopping before the cruise, especially since time is running out.

Are there bathing suits available in the shops on the ship (Diamond)? What are the selection and prices like?

Thanks!

I agree with Toto.

I would look at Lands End online - they have swim suits all year long in their catalog. I would have her order several and what she doesn't like/or what doesn't fit - she can return when she gets back from the cruise.

Sorry - just noticed you live in CA - they probably has bathing suits all year there.

I was at Lake Tahoe last week and wanted a suit to hit the hot tub. I wound up at Kmart, as they are getting rid of their summer items before they roll out Christmas. If going shopping is the issue, she may not care about the ships prices. If she wants to spend under $20.00 (well under) she may want to whip into Kmart on her way home (they're open late). Have a great cruise! -Podge

You absolutely can't beat Lands End online. Not only do their suits fit fantastic, they are beautifully made. Also if they don't fit or you don't like it is very easy to return. Just order quick and maybe get special shipping. When we went to Maui, I ordered 4 or 5 and kept what I liked and there was no problem returning.

Don't know about everyone else but I live in hot country, Arizona, and the suits in the department stores are totally picked over and not much left at all.

I know what you mean about the suits on sale in the stores this time of year, if you're a cute sixe 4 that is looking for a thong, then you're in luck....otherwise, sorry.

It sounds like Lands End is the answer. Be a good sister and order for her, then return what is left over.

I was on the Diamond last week and saw bathing suits in the gift shop. However, as others have pointed out, they were very pricey and not a big selection in both size and style. Better that your sister does some last minute shopping to find the perfect suit for her shape and tastes.

[quote name='jeniceglassman']The fit is amazing and any returns can be made to your local Sears without a fuss. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for all of your thoughts!

I didn't know that Land's End returns could be made to Sears! That is a great tip.

I have purchased bathing suits from them and they are my favorite. I did purchase one this year from TravelSmith, that I really like as well.

Thanks again...it looks like we should make sure my sister gets a bathing suit before she gets to the ship no matter how painful it might be. :D

Sears - I forgot to mention this.

Yes - you can return Lands End items to any full service Sears. I ordered some boots about 2 weeks ago and the color was wrong. I called Lands End to order a different color and they told me to just take the pair I didn't want back to Sears with the shipping paperwork and that Sears will pay shipping back to Lands End and that my credit card would be credited within 3 business days (and it was). This was the least painfull return I have ever experienced. Apparently they have been doing this for around 6 months (that is what the rep told me). I was really impressed.

I love Lands End too.......being a Midwesterner, I've been shopping there for years! I also love the swimsuits at QVC:

[url]http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?class=0009&tmp=hp&cont=mhfa[/url]

they have a great selection and fit a variety of body shapes.....they even tell you which ones "hide the hips, thighs, etc"! :D :D :D

Archived