Almost Live from NCL Spirit - Dec 21-28,2008

nolaAlive

Keep up the great post on here and your web site. DW was searching for recent Dailies for the Spirit last night. She has to plan everything ahead time, I like to just wing it.

Congratulations to the LSU grad. Geaux Tigers:)

What a MARVELOUS thread! I am curious HOW you are posting the Dailies? Do you scan them in? Do you have your own laptop or are you using the ship's computers.

And..... more questions on the computers...... do you have an idea of the pricing of packages they are offering......is it less costly to sign up the first day or do they offer better pricing later in the week?

I have never seen so much helpful info from a cruiser before! Thank yoU !!!!

This is probably the best post i've seen on the boards in a while. It also helps that I'll be on the Spirit in less the 2 weeks (1-4). It's a large family cruise with a couple of first timers so I know they will love seeing the pictures of the ship and what the food looks like. Thank you so much again and keep them coming.

What a MARVELOUS thread! I am curious HOW you are posting the Dailies? Do you scan them in? Do you have your own laptop or are you using the ship's computers.

And..... more questions on the computers...... do you have an idea of the pricing of packages they are offering......is it less costly to sign up the first day or do they offer better pricing later in the week?

I have never seen so much helpful info from a cruiser before! Thank yoU !!!!

Yes, I do. Yes, I do. (Scan/laptop)

I bought a $99 package - I think 250 minutes?(+20 free minutes for signing up first day +30 free minutes for being Latitudes).

I'll figure out the pricing before too long. Think I had 199 minutes left after posting + Fantasy football.

Have you been to the Spa on the Spirit? Wondering if there is a charge for the use of the facilities.....not talking about 'services' such as massages -but suana, etc.

Any spa specials going on?

Thanks!

I don't shop or spa, but will see what I can see. I'm sure the gym is free (I think).

this is an absolutely wonderful thread! we just came off the Spirit on the 21st and I have found information here that I wish I had known when we were on board!!!!!

Great ship, great itinerary...see Eunice in the Bier Garten, Elena at Charlie's!

Happy cruising,

Beverly

Really like your pictures. We love the Spirit, we have cruised on her 4 times and she is one of our favorite ships, second only to the Grand Olde Dame - the Norway.

I am curious to know what software program you use to post your pictures. I always have problems doing that with my computer.

Thanks for sharing and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Really like your pictures. We love the Spirit, we have cruised on her 4 times and she is one of our favorite ships, second only to the Grand Olde Dame - the Norway.

I am curious to know what software program you use to post your pictures. I always have problems doing that with my computer.

Thanks for sharing and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I really liked my voyage on the France.

I use state of the art - Microsoft Frontpage. :p

it's been running on 1 less engine for a year. when they replaced the engine (during dry dock) they are taking time getting it up to speed. they don't want to blow this engine by running it at full speed too soon. someone, last week, said when they thought the spirit would be running on all it's engines..mid-spring or summer? (can't remember)

they had a problem with the one engine the week after my cruise, last dec. they could not fix it without taking the ship out of the water, they had to wait for dry dock. they weren't crawling along before they replaced the engine and from the reviews, they aren't crawling along now. they don't NEED all 3 or 4 or 5 engines..just better when they do have all of them.

if you do a search of the ncl thread, you can find a year of information on how, what, where and why. now if they, only, had 1 or 2 engines...then you might be in trouble.

i just wish i was able to go this year. hearing this reviews are making me sooo jealous.

Someone speak up if I am incorrect here, but I think I understand that Spirit has 2 propellors driven by 2 electric motors. There are in turn powered by 4 diesel generator "engines", one of which has been replaced but is not yet online. I'm not sure what that means to how well Spirit can move. Does anyone know how crippled she is with 3 out of 4 generators?

Archived