Carnival Trivia

DarthGrady

I think this question is more of a fishing excursion..... yes, please tell us which rooms????? Newbie here.... I haven't gotten any answers correct :(

Fantasy class ships that feature the owners suites are not listed on the deck plans, but most of them have been converted to teen club O2's

The Paradise as her aft lounge is named Queen Mary and they both are docked in Long Beach

Correct! 56748239 points!

The Paradise is home to the America Piano Bar which features (two) six foot tall replicas of the SS. America's funnels next to the entrance doors.

Anybody else have any good ones?

Holiday, Paradise, Elation, Spirit, Pride

No one got the 6th CURRENT Carnival Ship that has transited the Panama Canal.

Holiday, Paradise, Elation, Spirit, and Pride are all correct.

The one other is Ecstasy. She sailed out of Southern California in the early 2000's.

Sorry for the delayed answer... was on the Legend all week, and just returned this morning.

Hope you don't mind my asking...Which Carnival ship (or ships?) were not able to make it into the port of New Orleans until power lines were raised across the Mississippi?

I think Conquest - Didn't she have to dock in Gulfport for a time because of the power lines? (As an aside, we sailed Conquest out of NOLA in 2005 - with her French Impressionist theme, she was a perfect fit for New Orleans.)

What was Carnival's "original" "nickname" going to be before they came up with The Fun Ship?

Was it 'The Golden Fleet'?

http://books.google.com/books?id=thqJ3i2v9qUC&pg=PA28&lpg=PA28&dq=Carnival+cruise+lines+original+slogan&source=web&ots=HfB8dxA9N9&sig=JZ0lmGFVenbJgcIIxUxLvCnJXlU&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=10&ct=result

aw man, I swear I posted it before I saw that someone above had written it! :P

New trivia question (easy)

What is the bar (lounge) in the Fantasy themed after?

Was it 'The Golden Fleet'?

http://books.google.com/books?id=thqJ3i2v9qUC&pg=PA28&lpg=PA28&dq=Carnival+cruise+lines+original+slogan&source=web&ots=HfB8dxA9N9&sig=JZ0lmGFVenbJgcIIxUxLvCnJXlU&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=10&ct=result

aw man, I swear I posted it before I saw that someone above had written it! :P

New trivia question (easy)

What is the bar (lounge) in the Fantasy themed after?

Are you referring to the 21st Century bar? or the Universe Lounge?

Anybody else have any good ones?

Here's one:

Carnival made a grand scheme to come up with a Spanish themed subsidiary cruise experience at one point. What was the name of the vessel? Where did it come from? Where did it go? What year was it?

Here's one:

Carnival made a grand scheme to come up with a Spanish themed subsidiary cruise experience at one point. What was the name of the vessel? Where did it come from? Where did it go? What year was it?

The line is called Iberocruceros. It was formed in 2007. There are actually 3 vessels -- one was an ex-Carnival ship -- Celebration, and it has kept it's name with the new line... kind of... it's now called the "Grand Celebration."

The other ships in the fleet at Festival / First European's ex-Mistral, the "Grand Mistral" -- (practically the only Festival / First European ship that MSC didn't buy)... and now defunct Royal Olympic's former Olypmia Voyager sailing as the "Grand Voyager". The Holiday is set to join Ibercruceros later this year as well.

S Europa was the 1st cruise ship to feature Azipods in 1999, but the 1st Carnival ship to be equipped with Azipods was the Elation if I'm not mistaken.

Since the Elation had her Maiden Voyage on April 1, 1998, I would think that it was her that holds that distinction.

Well, thats what I thought.... perhaps I'm wrong...

Since the Elation had her Maiden Voyage on April 1, 1998, I would think that it was her that holds that distinction.

Well, thats what I thought.... perhaps I'm wrong...

I stand corrected on the Europa, however, Elation's Inaugural was on March 20, 1998. So which comes 1st the inaugural, the maiden voyage, or........or are they 1 in the same?

I stand corrected on the Europa, however, Elation's Inaugural was on March 20, 1998. So which comes 1st the inaugural, the maiden voyage, or........or are they 1 in the same?

That definition varies these days... the Maiden Voyage is the first voyage, while the ship can have a series of "inaugrual" cruises.

FWIW, Elation was the first cruise ship in the industry to be equipped with Azipods...

The line is called Iberocruceros. It was formed in 2007. There are actually 3 vessels -- one was an ex-Carnival ship -- Celebration, and it has kept it's name with the new line... kind of... it's now called the "Grand Celebration."

The other ships in the fleet at Festival / First European's ex-Mistral, the "Grand Mistral" -- (practically the only Festival / First European ship that MSC didn't buy)... and now defunct Royal Olympic's former Olypmia Voyager sailing as the "Grand Voyager". The Holiday is set to join Ibercruceros later this year as well.

This is all correct.....however, the original question was about their Latin themed cruise subsidiary with one vessel......and the ship referred to predates the Holiday and Celebration.......and most of the rest of them.

Hey, it's a stinker of a question.....I had forgotten - and I sailed on the darned thing......Carnival reminded me.....

This is all correct.....however' date=' the original question was about their Latin themed cruise subsidiary with one vessel......and the ship referred to predates the Holiday and Celebration.......and most of the rest of them.

Hey, it's a stinker of a question.....I had forgotten - and I sailed on the darned thing......Carnival reminded me.....[/quote']

Haha! Good trivia!

I know what you are talking about, I read about it a while back over at MaritimeMatters.com

I believe it was called Fiesta Latina, and I know it involved one of the first three Carnival ships (I just cant remember which one). After she was retired they renamed her, and she sailed very briefly as a latin themed and staffed ship out of south FL. She didn't do very well as I recall, and was sold off soon thereafter.

Mardi Gras was "the flagship of the golden fleet". It definitely wasn't gold and there was no fleet at that time, so Dickinson decided "the fun ship" sounded better. It's a rif on "the happy ship" moniker that some other line, I think Commodore, was using.

Archived