Carnival Trivia

DarthGrady

Name the Carnival ship which suffered a major fire in 1998.

Extra points for naming where the fire started.

Super duper extra points (a quintillion!) for providing a picture of you lazily sitting in a lounge chair on the aft Verandah deck with a DOD, toasting the camera, blissfully unaware (or uncaring) of the plume of smoke rising behind you and the chaos ensuing below.

Carnival Ecstasy

Deck 2 in the laundry area when an arc from welding equipment landed on lint nearby and ignited.

sorry no picture for that :o

I did find a CC article about it :)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=188

You got it! 3457 points.

Im still hoping someone has that picture out there somewhere.

Is it "Most Popular Cruise Line in the World"?

Nope...this is a tough one.

The only reason I know it is that my son with Autism must watch the intro movie about the History of Carnival (with Ted Arison) shown in the cabin 100 times a day (every day) when we are on a cruise.

Zonis, Meshula He was the CFL of Carnival. He was friends with Carnival founder Ted Arison from their early Israel days. I believe Zonis worked for the Israeli Zim Lines steamship company back in the day, but I dont have any details. I used to see him on some of the Carnival Inaugerals back in the 80's and early 90's

Mark

If they were still in service today and still with their original companies, which of these famous ocean liners would now be owned by Carnival Corp.?

RMS. Queen Elizabeth I

RMS. Titanic

RMS. Lusitania

RMS. Mauretania

RMS. Queen Mary I

RMS QM1 was built for Cunard.

If they were still in service today and still with their original companies, which of these famous ocean liners would now be owned by Carnival Corp.?

RMS. Queen Elizabeth I

RMS. Titanic

RMS. Lusitania

RMS. Mauretania

RMS. Queen Mary I

All of them. QEI, QMI, Lusitania and Mauretania were all built for Cunard (now owned by Carnival Corporation). Titanic was built for White Star, which merged with Cunard in 1934 to form Cunard White Star.

As an aside, I've always been a bit amused by Cunard's trademark "White Star Service" because going back to Titanic/Lusitania/Mauretania's time, White Star was noted for its service and Cunard was noted for its speed, not as much for its service. At least something survived from White Star.;)

All of them. QEI, QMI, Lusitania and Mauretania were all built for Cunard (now owned by Carnival Corporation). Titanic was built for White Star, which merged with Cunard in 1934 to form Cunard White Star.

Excellent! You get 50 hundred and 5 points.

Archived