Carnival Trivia

DarthGrady

Well I know two for sure. I'm gonna guess the third, so....... Tropicale, Sensation, Inspiration.

And as for the modded ship, Legend :confused:

Close, you get partial credit of 3.5 kagillion points. The correct answer is, Tropicale, Jubilee, and Sensation.

And the Modded ship was the Sensation. I didn't know this until I was researching for this question. Here's a cool old article about it. http://www.sptimes.com/News/032800/news_pf/Business/Carnival_to_pull_Trop.shtml

I like the first sentence, "Undaunted by rising competition and its own profit warnings, Carnival Cruise Lines is churning ahead with plans to replace the ill-starred Tropicale in the Port of Tampa this fall with a larger cruise ship." How times have changed!

Huh, I didn't know that Celebration sailed from there also.

"The 14-year-old Jubilee will assume Tropicale's itinerary of four- and five-day cruises to Key West and Playa del Carmen/Cozumel, Mexico. At 733 feet, the Jubilee is in the same class as Carnival's Celebration, which sailed out of Tampa until being replaced by the even larger Sensation in 1998. "

I also didn't know they had to mod Sensation. I wonder what they did? Stands to reason that they would have had to mod Inspiration too since they are the same class.

Huh, I didn't know that Celebration sailed from there also.

"The 14-year-old Jubilee will assume Tropicale's itinerary of four- and five-day cruises to Key West and Playa del Carmen/Cozumel, Mexico. At 733 feet, the Jubilee is in the same class as Carnival's Celebration, which sailed out of Tampa until being replaced by the even larger Sensation in 1998. "

I also didn't know they had to mod Sensation. I wonder what they did? Stands to reason that they would have had to mod Inspiration too since they are the same class.

Ahh, so maybe the Celebration was the third? I don't remember that either. I guess I got the answer wrong!

Zonis, Meshula He was the CFL of Carnival. He was friends with Carnival founder Ted Arison from their early Israel days. I believe Zonis worked for the Israeli Zim Lines steamship company back in the day, but I dont have any details. I used to see him on some of the Carnival Inaugerals back in the 80's and early 90's

Mark

I shall pass this info along..you get 10,000 points just from me!...lucky

I have one. Which class ships have or has had passenger cabins that are not listed on any deck plans and what are the cabin #'s?

I think this question is more of a fishing excursion..... yes, please tell us which rooms????? Newbie here.... I haven't gotten any answers correct :(

I think this question is more of a fishing excursion..... yes, please tell us which rooms????? Newbie here.... I haven't gotten any answers correct :(

Somewhere in the back of my mind....I am thinking that the Camp Carnival area on Fantasy class ships that has been moved (either to under the Owners Suites or AFT Promenade) that USED TO BE on Atlantic...were turned into cabins.

Now you have my curiousity up....I will have to look on the Fantasy on THURSDAY!!! woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

The liner SS. America was easily distinguishable by her massive red white and blue funnels. Where might one go to find six foot tall replicas of those very funnels on a Carnival ship?

OK, I'll givea big hint: This Carnival ship and the namesake for her aft show lounge share a home port.

The liner SS. America was easily distinguishable by her massive red white and blue funnels. Where might one go to find six foot tall replicas of those very funnels on a Carnival ship?

Hmmm...on a carnival ship? If it wasn't for that, I would guess their fire fighting training complex in florida.....Have to think on this....

Hmmm...on a carnival ship? If it wasn't for that, I would guess their fire fighting training complex in florida.....Have to think on this....

Yep, a Carnival ship has replicas of the SS. America's funnels somewhere onboard. They are hidden in plain sight, and you may have walked right by them a hundred times and not known what you were looking at since they are part of the architecture.

Darth - When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought you were giving away all the answers to the onboard trivia games!

I wish I had them! I could sell all those "Ships on a Stick" on Ebay and make millions!

Yep, a Carnival ship has replicas of the SS. America's funnels somewhere onboard. They are hidden in plain sight, and you may have walked right by them a hundred times and not known what you were looking at since they are part of the architecture.

I wish I had them! I could sell all those "Ships on a Stick" on Ebay and make millions!

Well, there was the old Funnel Bar and Grill on the old Jubilee (Now Pacific Sun)

zonis was the co-founder of carnival corp with ted arrison. israeli name, but born and live in Romania until emigrating to Florida. Still on the board for CC

in the PG video that Ted speaks of his friend phoning ."have I got a deal for you"..a ship laid up in, etc etc...from my orig source of this question, he tells the tail that it is "alledged" black money, that started CCL-- ie: I'm gonna make you a deal you caan't refuse ! Dont know dont care, cuz we dont own horses anymore. Just thought it was an interesting Q for me from the former house band man. Tx for you "spainin also.

Archived