Mariner of the Seas Around the Horn of South America

glgolfer

Hey Paul! :DThe Gatornation is everywhere....even on cruise ships!

Sorry you are having connection difficulties. That has been a major complaint on a number of cruise ships.

I have copied & pasted over to the other place for you.

I noticed that Judy hasn't updated her blog either. Is that because of connection speed or is she just having too much fun? :)

She was tired last night and just sacked out. She's in town today. I bet she writes something today.

Go Gators! Great game wasn't it!

Lynn and Marty were asking if you needed help with your food minimum at the club??? :-) Just let us know your member number and we'll knock it out in a hurry! LOL Say hi to Carol for us. Have fun!

Hello Paul... I asked this on Carol's thread but you might be able to find out first and/or post it.:D

Am sailing with Carol on the April 19 Mariner and would really like to know if My Time will be in place on Mariner in April. Some info I read said March 9

Love the thread... 6 down...40 more to go LOL :)

Just saw a show on TV about the 21 most Sexiest Beaches. Ipanema Beach was #1 ..Copacabana was not rated. Crane Beach on Barbados was #17

Thought about dropping info here, but ship Internet I'm sure is poor.

Cab to Corcovado and Sugarloaf is the best way. Cab can get almost to the top of Corcovado. At Sugarloaf,less crowded than with bus loads.

Thanks for the reports Paul, I'm reading this thread every day! :)

You mentioned that there's some new items (good ones) on the dining room menu. Do you know anything if other RCCL ships are adding them too?

Other thing, I'm just curious if there is any children on board who are sailing all three legs?

Thanks for the reports Paul, I'm reading this thread every day! :)

You mentioned that there's some new items (good ones) on the dining room menu. Do you know anything if other RCCL ships are adding them too?

Other thing, I'm just curious if there is any children on board who are sailing all three legs?

There's kids onboard, but don't know how many or how long they're going to be on. If I can find out, I'll post it.

Hello Paul... I asked this on Carol's thread but you might be able to find out first and/or post it.:D

Am sailing with Carol on the April 19 Mariner and would really like to know if My Time will be in place on Mariner in April. Some info I read said March 9

Love the thread... 6 down...40 more to go LOL :)

i heard March, but I'll check it out.

Go Gators! Great game wasn't it!

Lynn and Marty were asking if you needed help with your food minimum at the club??? :-) Just let us know your member number and we'll knock it out in a hurry! LOL Say hi to Carol for us. Have fun!

We took care of that the night before we left with my cousin and her friend. Sorry,

Didn't you say you were going through Atlanta? Which airline are you using?

Did you do your own arrangements or go thru RCI?

We fly from Atlanta to DC, then DC to Rio on United because of the Economy Plus extra leg-room for my tall DH--- We made our own flight arrangements.

Questions from the group I'm in for the Mariner in April:

1. Are the pools heated?

2. Do they still serve the wonderful raisin bread (Austrian Streizel) for breakfast?

Thank you. So appreciated the threads and all the fantastic information. Am sharing it daily with others in our group.

Hey Paul...........Dave (spellbinder) and I are talking and he mentioned that it appears that you are still on the board.

At $.35 per minute...........looks like you have spent over $24.50 just tonight.

Might want to check your onboard time with the Guest Relations desk.

Rick

Hey Paul...........Dave (spellbinder) and I are talking and he mentioned that it appears that you are still on the board.

At $.35 per minute...........looks like you have spent over $24.50 just tonight.

Might want to check your onboard time with the Guest Relations desk.

Rick

I did a version of that once about 10 years ago. It ended up costing around $250. Needless to say, DH Dan was Pi$$ed to say the least. :eek::eek::eek:

Questions from the group I'm in for the Mariner in April:

1. Are the pools heated?

2. Do they still serve the wonderful raisin bread (Austrian Streizel) for breakfast?

Thank you. So appreciated the threads and all the fantastic information. Am sharing it daily with others in our group.

Mary.............I'm surprised that you are asking the same questions that have been answered back to you on another thread!!

Just wondering why you are asking...........didin't like the answers you heard the first time!!:D:D

Rick

I did a version of that once about 10 years ago. It ended up costing around $250. Needless to say, DH Dan was Pi$$ed to say the least. :eek::eek::eek:

Nancy............how are you feeling?? Are you over the flu yet??

The internet onboard is terrible!! I'm sure that the IT guy knows about what is going on.............but I have heard from others.......and I have 3 unread messages to Bobbie..............since yesterday.

In our modern day and age........it's terrible when we can't instantly communicate.

Rick

Mary.............I'm surprised that you are asking the same questions that have been answered back to you on another thread!!

Just wondering why you are asking...........didin't like the answers you heard the first time!!:D:D

Rick

Rick, I don't think she's repeating the questions. I think she's saying thanks for the answers she's received!

Rick, I don't think she's repeating the questions. I think she's saying thanks for the answers she's received!

Thanks Wrona..........that's what I get for reading quickly thru posts. And that' what you now get paid to do!!:D:D

Nice catch!!;)

Rick

9 January 2009

Slept late, breakfast in the Windjammer.

My back is being unfriendly today, not going to do much. We have been to St Kitts before and seen the fort and the gardens.

Judy got off and walked around town for a while. Made a big purchase of 6 postcards of the fort.

Played one of the trivia games and our team came in somewhere in the middle.

There have been a number of people upset about having the overflow Concierge Lounge in the Dragons Lair. The real lounge has been packed every night.

Word got to the hotel manager there was going to be a “mutiny” if the venue wasn’t changed. As of tonight the overflow will be in the Lotus Lounge.

Much nicer with room to sit and talk in comfort.

Dinner tonight was hot she crab soup and chilled banarama soup. Entrée was snapper and dessert was coffee crème brulee.

Quite a few new things on the menus. There’s been a curry dish every night. We haven’t counted, but we think there’s 7 or 8 entrees every night.

Pasta, chicken, fish, steak, vegetarian. There’s 2 choices of some of the entrees. A prime rib, shoulder steak, other steaks and always the sirloin that was listed separately. The chicken and fish that were listed separately are now also part of the main menu. You can have a choice of potatoes. There is no extra charge steak on any menu so far.

The kitchen is looking at this as a challenge to put new items on the menu and not have a set menu for each night. They will repeat things over the 46 days, but the same entrees will not be on the same menu the same day.

The menus are a very nice trifold leather instead of the cheap paper ones. The dessert menu is on a rectangular leather small board.

Not going to the entertainment tonight. A ventriloquist. Probably pretty good, but too antsy to sit through it with my legs and back.

Might go down later to the Schooner or the pub.

Was able to get on the internet in the cabin today but not yet tonight. Will try later.

Back on the net. Barbados tomorrow.

Archived