Mariner of the Seas Around the Horn of South America

glgolfer

Paul: Have a fantastic cruise/vacation!! You should have lots to tell us along the way. Can't wait to come and read about it. Just don't give up "YOUR TIME" to post on here. After all..........it is YOUR VACATiON!!

Enjoy and be safe with your wallet in some of those ports.:rolleyes:

Hard to believe that the time has arrived for everyone. I remember when the first post went up asking who was interested in this cruise. Now everyone is boarding. I bet Carol has the ship rockin before you get on. Have a great cruise. I will be reading all of the "live" threads. Should be a great read.:)

Patrick & Daryl and Roger & Ivan just keft after an afternoon of good conversation, a pretty good meal even if I made it myself and a renewal of friendships.

Now it feels like we're really getting ready to go.

My cousin called and they will now be here sometime tomorrow.

Paul & Judy,

have a fabulous time! We will be watching for your posts

& Carol's during the 46 days.

We are sorry we weren't able to stop for lunch on our way home from Sanibel this year. In October, Fred's Mom, in New Hampshire, became ill and he had to fly up there and then while we were on the Serenade Members cruise in Nov, she passed away. So back to NH. Then, on the was home from Sanibel our car broke down! We were stuck for 4 days. So we never had a chance to call you. There's always next year. 2009 will be a better year!

Have a wonderful time.

We have arrived at the Radisson here at the port (yesterday) after an uneventful travle day from California. We have already met up with several friends and are looking forward to the pre-cruise meet and mingle at the pool here at 5pm.

It's hard to believe the time has finally come and that we are one day away from our big adventure. We are truly excited and can't wait until tomorrow.

(Sorry for the botched spelling of our hotel...)

DAY SEVEN, SATURDAY 3 JANUARY 2009

Patrick & Daryl and Roger & Ivan arrived around 1400 and 1500. Dinner turned out very good. Lots of good cruise conversation. They left about 1830 to go back to the east coast.

We’re finally putting things into suitcases. We always cross pack even if we’re driving to the ship. Luggage can get lost anywhere.

2 large and 2 medium cases along with 1 carryon apiece and the laptop.

Will pick up the van at Hertz around 1100.

My cousin and her friend will be here sometime today. Don’t know what time yet. They’re driving from Wilmington, NC.

Picked up a Toyota Sienna. Nice vehicle. Should hold all the luggage and 3 people.

We’ll eat dinner at the GlenLakes clubhouse tonight to use our January minimum.

Leaving the house at 0700 in the morning with a stop for breakfast at either a Waffle House or Cracker barrel.

Turn the van in to Hertz about 1030 and on to the ship.

Just wanted to wave goodbye to fellow Radiance Pirates of the Pacific, Denice & Rick and Karen & Pete, as well as fellow Alamo Cruisers Lou & Herb. Have a wonderful trip. I'll be here waiting for the tales of your adventure.

We have arrived at the Radisson here at the port (yesterday) after an uneventful travle day from California. We have already met up with several friends and are looking forward to the pre-cruise meet and mingle at the pool here at 5pm.

It's hard to believe the time has finally come and that we are one day away from our big adventure. We are truly excited and can't wait until tomorrow.

Hey there!! So glad you made it without any trouble. I was worried since I didn't see you posting!

I can just feel the excitement in the thread.....and oh so jealous!!!

We didn't win the lottery :( so we will just have to wait till Feb 22 for our turn. :D

Have a wonderful time...can't wait to see you both in Feb....take good care of the Mariner.

Hi Karen, I just want to wish you and Pete a wonderful Cruise on this Big Adventure:cool: Bob and I will follow you along and we are very excited for you:)

Karen, do say Hi to Rick and Diana for us as they will be getting on for the 2nd and 3rd leg:D

~~~Bon Voyage to Everyone on this Marvelous Cruise~~~

Carol:)

We have a mini-van rented as my cousin is coming here to ride over with us. She's in a cabin with 2 other ladies for the 46 days.

We'll drop it off at Hertz at the Cape. They have shuttles to the pier.

Glad to hear that Paul. In less than 24 hours you be on the ship and almost on your way!!!

When this cruise was announced and the link started about who was interested I really wanted to go, and listed myself. As time went on, I realized I couldn't manage the 46 days and withdrew....I am so eager to keep on reading about your adventures and hope someone can post pictures!

Karen and Pete...........glad you made it to the right coast with no problems.:D I bet you both don't sleep well tonight.

Paul and Judy and Paul's cousin......have a safe drive to the port tomorrow morning.

And tomorrow the fun FINALLY begins for 46 days!!:p

Karen,

I will be thinking of all of you tomorrow at sailaway. :)

Have a wonderful trip. :)

See you on Feb 22.

When this cruise was announced and the link started about who was interested I really wanted to go, and listed myself. As time went on, I realized I couldn't manage the 46 days and withdrew....I am so eager to keep on reading about your adventures and hope someone can post pictures!

Hi Carol,

Long time no see. We sailed with you, Kent and Drew to Hawaii last year. :)

Hi Carol,

Long time no see. We sailed with you, Kent and Drew to Hawaii last year. :)

Yes, and it was a great time too! I was on a 12 day repo cruise on the Constellation this fall from NJ to Ft. Lauderdale and I ran a slot pull tournament on that cruise...we also came out ahead, but just by a little. I got a great education on how to do that on the Hawaii cruise.:D

I really wanted to do this cruise but I couldn't get Kent and Kevin to want to cruise for 46 days and they didn't want me to leave them for that long so I have to just read the posts about how it is going to be.

I forgot to print off the itinerary for the first leg of the cruise so I can follow along...cannot get it on RCI website now...does anyone have the ports/dates of the first leg?

The weather looks great, and the Mariner is a beautiful ship sitting at the pier.........just waiting for people to start boarding shortly.

Bobbie called, the shuttle was about 10 minutes away from the Embassy Suites in Orlando...........so they are now headed for Port Canaveral.

It's a big day........the start of a 46 night journey that many have been looking forward to for many months.....and some for almost 2 years.:D

Bobbie is looking forward to the 5PM gathering at the VCL.......to get to meet and see new and old friends. Len & Letty, Carol, Doris & Reno, Alan & Ginny, Don & Pat, Paul and Judy, Zu (Susan), Joe & Tori, Roger & Ivan, Pete and Karen, Woody...........I apologize if I have forgotten names that she is looking forward to seeing again or meeting.;)

I'll be checking in on the Web cam from time to time today, thinking about everyone that is boarding and getting ready to sail away!!:)

Rick

Archived