Mariner of the Seas Around the Horn of South America

glgolfer

Yes, it's hard to imagine how the time as flown................but you all have such a wonderful roll call.................you are going to have such a good time. I will be anxious to hear how Pete does in the "cooler" temperatures after you leave BA.

When we were there in March..............50's were not a problem. They don't like 100 dollar bills because they have taken in too many counterfeit ones over the years. They do like the bills to be clean and unwrinkled!:D

One note to both of you.............after you have paid your fee you will receive a 2 part form. Top copy is white, bottom is yellow (well, those were the colors last March). They will tear off the white copy after your luggage has gone through x-ray upon leaving the airport. Yes, you luggage is not only sniffed out by the dogs once you have retrieved it from the carousel, but has to be x-rayed before you leave the airport.

DO NOT lose the yellow copy......keep in in your passport. This you will hand in when you check in at the pier. The yellow copy is your exit out of Chile. I know that you will have the page stapled into your passport, the the reps at the pier need the yellow copy............if you don't have it............it just means more time spent for them to fill out a form and delay your boarding.

We're all holding our breath to see how that works out, and I'll let you know, maybe even take a picture or two.:)

I consider you to be sort of the godmother of this motley crue, you definitely got us started on this journey. We should name something on the Mariner after you.;)

DAY THREE, TUESDAY 30 DECEMBER

Nothing ever happens on Tuesday except getting junk mail.

And, nothing did happen worth mentioning.

More tomorrow

Actually Paul, our Hornblower shirts arrived on Tuesday.....

I believe they were promised by Christmas so we were beginning to wonder if they would arrive at all before we leave.

We are almost packed and ready to go!

See you all very soon,

Nancy and Paul

DAY FOUR, WEDNESDAY 31 DECEMBER

New Years Eve. The end of 2008. Anticipating the start of 2009.

How do you pay your bills while you’re gone that long, you ask? Set up epay for the bills on your banks website.

Plug in the names of everybody you owe, enter the amounts and date to be paid and you’re all set. Also take your laptop along to check the $$$ due on your credit cards so you can pay the total amount and not get hit with any finance charges.

Called today to stop the paper while we’re gone. We have 2 cats and our cat sitters will come twice a day to give them food & water, clean their litter box and play with them awhile.

The sitters will also pick up our mail.

There are various friends and neighbors keeping an eye on our house while we’re gone. They’ll email us if there’s any problems.

Nothing on the calendar for today.

We’ll be going over the checklist and making the final clothes selection so we have all weather conditions covered.

Paul & Judy wish everyone a safe, happy and healthy New Year.

Actually Paul' date=' our Hornblower shirts arrived on Tuesday.....

I believe they were promised by Christmas so we were beginning to wonder if they would arrive at all before we leave.

We are almost packed and ready to go!

See you all very soon,

Nancy and Paul[/quote']

Bon Voyage Nancy & Paul! Have a wonderful cruise and best wishes from Patti & Bill (on Grandeur) :D

MIZ: I'm with you about not letting anymore people than I have to know that I'll be gone for 6 weeks .

My DEAR neighbor will pick up our mail when he gets his........the boxes are right next to each other. We do that for him when he's gone too. Not sure about cancelling the paper or not. I have to think about that one a little longer.

And PAUL........that's just how I plan on paying my bills.....ONLINE with through my Banks website that I have all set up. I've been doing it for over a year now and love it. You can transfer funds from savings to checking and it works out great for me. No postage either.

Have fun everyone who is going on this FANTASTIC CRUISE. Be back to read your updates!! icon14.gif

HAPPY NEW YEAR

HORNBLOWERS

AND TO THE WONDERFUL FOLKS

WISHING US WELL

Two suitcases packed and two to go!

DH has 6 tee times booked throughout SA ... :rolleyes:

I have tours booked ... no golfing for me. :)

Bills are paid.

Newspaper stopped.

Mail to be put on hold at P.O.

Hair & nail appointments on Friday.

Early plane out on Saturday...:D

Gail

We're all holding our breath to see how that works out, and I'll let you know, maybe even take a picture or two.:)

I consider you to be sort of the godmother of this motley crue, you definitely got us started on this journey. We should name something on the Mariner after you.;)

I would enjoy a photo or two of Pete in long johns!!

Naming something after me................it has to be either drinkable or eatable.:p

Information for those planning a South America cruise.

1. If you're going to Brazil by any means, you MUST HAVE a Brazil visa.

If you're cruising there, the cruise line will not let you on the ship without the visa. Read the rules regarding the timing of the visa in relation to entering the country. Each consulate has different rules on what is required to obtain the visa. make sure you follow the rules for the consulate that serves your area/state.

2. Some countries require yellow fever shots. Check each countries website to see what the requirements are.

3. Each countries requirements can change at any time. Keep checking until the day you leave.

Information for those planning a South America cruise.

1. If you're going to Brazil by any means, you MUST HAVE a Brazil visa.

If you're cruising there, the cruise line will not let you on the ship without the visa. Read the rules regarding the timing of the visa in relation to entering the country. Each consulate has different rules on what is required to obtain the visa. make sure you follow the rules for the consulate that serves your area/state.

2. Some countries require yellow fever shots. Check each countries website to see what the requirements are.

3. Each countries requirements can change at any time. Keep checking until the day you leave.

Good advice Paul. You should go and read 2-2's review of their December cruise on Radiance (under Member's Reviews). Unfortunately they did not have Visas for Brazil and were denied boarding in BA. All the blame was put on RCI!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

We are in Daphne, AL tonight and tomorrow it's Cocoa Beach!!!!!!!

Len and I are planning a trip back to San Antonio..we loved the Riverwalk and all the restaurants. We didn't end up in any restaurants anyone here recommended but we will return. We had an wonderful time. Letty

I remember when the only bowl games were on New Years Day and the Rose Bowl was Big 10 vs Pac 10 only.

Time for football predictions. Easiest thing in the world to beat me. Just pick the ones I don't.

South Carolina vs Iowa Iowa

Georgia vs Michigan State Georgia

Clemson vs Nebraska Nebraska

Penn State vs USC USC

Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech Cincinnati

DAY FIVE, THURSDAY 1 January 2009

We hope everyone had a safe start to the new year and you’re not too hungover.

Judy & I stayed home, watched a movie and toasted ourselves at midnight.

The only thing on the agenda today is verifying we have everything we need for the cruise and watch the football games.

Got an email from my cousin that she will be here sometime Friday to ride over to Port Canaveral with us Sunday.

She is one of the Royal Divas of the Deep along with Merion Mom and Crazycruisecanuck.

They booked a Grand Suite for the 3 of them, but due to slow suite sales they have been upgraded to a Royal Family Suite for all 3 legs.

Friday and Saturday to go and we board the ship.

Happy New Year and Bon Voyage! Have a wonderful cruise!

I'll be following this thread and hope there will be daily postings here.

I'm planning on it. There should be others from the roll call posting here, too. It'll be intersting to see the different persprctives from Merion Mom, Judy & I and anyone else that posts.

Just thought I would post this here as I did on MM's thread.

It's in regards to the dreaded "button" on the hairdryer that you find in the cabin. Thought I would pass this tip along...............

Hi Carol......I know what you mean about that "gotta hold me down or I won't stay on" button on the hair dryer.:p

Here's a tip...........get a rubber band and put it around the handle close to the button (you can do this by slipping the rubber band up from the cord towards the hair dryer). Make sure it is a snug fit. When you want to turn the hair dryer on............just move the rubber band up and over the button and the work is done for you. When you want to turn the hair dryer off........move the rubber band down off the button.

Wishing you all a fabulous journey. Safe travels to those that are leaving tomorrow and Saturday. Jim and I wish that we were sailing with you all...............but we will live through your experiences through Paul's Live from the Mariner thread.

Archived