Mariner of the Seas Around the Horn of South America

glgolfer

Wrona...........don't quit your daytime job.........just take a short leave of absence!!

Rick, it's very, very tempting, but considering I just got told that I'm working late on New Years Eve, all day New Years Day, and Saturday somehow I just don't think a request for a leave of absence would go over well.

Rick, it's very, very tempting, but considering I just got told that I'm working late on New Years Eve, all day New Years Day, and Saturday somehow I just don't think a request for a leave of absence would go over well.

Thats a heavy work load!!! :eek: Whats up with that???

You'll need a LOA after that!!!

Thats a heavy work load!!! :eek: Whats up with that???

We had another department sneak something in on us late this afternoon.:rolleyes: Unfortunately this is the beginning of our busy season so I was already gearing up for working extra hours and days but this just makes it extra crappy. At least I'll have some wonderful Live from threads to keep me going.:D

And I love my job even when I'm thinking dirty thoughts towards people in other departments.

That's the price you pay for being a competent employee. Employers seem to love taking advantage of their best workers and working them to death. Hopefully, yours will recognize your worth and reward you accordingly. I worked for someone once whose philosophy was that it was the employee's responsibility to do excellent work and management's responsibility to recognize that excellent work and reward it. :) I had the good fortune to work for a few people who subscribed to that philosophy but unfortunately there were also a few that did not.:rolleyes:

Paul............getting a TAD BIT excited and anxious are we??

Congrats on getting the GS for the entire cruise. How SWEET it is!! :D

I can't wait to hear how much your Bar Tab is when you finally leave the ship!!

Now just promise us that you won't FALL OVERBOARD............way to much of that going on lately.

I bet that woman's husband pushed her overboard after a fight!!

We arrived in San Antonio around 1:00 p.m. Of course our hotel room wasn't ready, so we met our friends who drove down from Dallas to spend a few days with us and walked down on the Riverwalk. I've never been to San Antonio and I was pleasantly surprised. It is a beautiful city and I will definitely visit here again. Tomorrow we will have the whole day and plan on going to the Alamo and do some sight seeing. Letty

What does that have to do with the end of January.......to the 19 of February?? Beans!!

Come with us!!

Besides...........I need some legal council...........and you are the one that I want to start with!! Your firm does not need new buisiness??:cool:

Rick

Paul............getting a TAD BIT excited and anxious are we??

Congrats on getting the GS for the entire cruise. How SWEET it is!! :D

I can't wait to hear how much your Bar Tab is when you finally leave the ship!!

Now just promise us that you won't FALL OVERBOARD............way to much of that going on lately.

I bet that woman's husband pushed her overboard after a fight!!

Bobbie won't let him too near the rail........when they are with her......so I don't think that jumping will be a problem...........unless someone has thrown a full bottle overboard............then there might be a problem!!

Guys I'm on the Mariner now...wish I could stay for the 46 day, but no such luck. (That's for retirement or lottery or both!) Had our Meet and Mingle today and talked with Abe the cruise director, they are planning some great things for this unique cruise. Merion Mom is onboard, (Carol) and it was great to finally meet her in person as well as Capt. Johnny, who is just the best!

You guys are going to have a once in a lifetime blast!

We arrived in San Antonio around 1:00 p.m. Of course our hotel room wasn't ready, so we met our friends who drove down from Dallas to spend a few days with us and walked down on the Riverwalk. I've never been to San Antonio and I was pleasantly surprised. It is a beautiful city and I will definitely visit here again. Tomorrow we will have the whole day and plan on going to the Alamo and do some sight seeing. Letty

If you want a good meal go to the Old San Francisco Steak House (I hope it's still there). Along with good food, there's the girl on the red velvet swing.

It's been a while since I was there, but check out La Mercada (sp) the marketplace downtown. Then there's La Valita with a bunch of little shops.

Wishing everyone a huge Bon Voyage!!!

Besides a world cruise this would be a trip of a life time and as already posted.....it's on my bucket list too! :)

I printed out the itinerary so I know where you'll be each day, it would be nice if someone posts LIVE!

Have a great time, we'll be thinking of you!!!

Thank you - We will take good care of the Mariner over the next couple of months to get her up to LA for your sailing!

Lettie, we're planning a trip to San Antonio this summer, so take notes on the good places to stay and eat!

See you Saturday!

Kathy

Have an Awesome time!

It really is a unique experience...46 days on Mariner around the Horn:eek:WOW

Take lots of pictures and after that please make an awesome review with the pictures:D and also post pictures of the Mariner in Brazil(I think I read she's going to Salvador and Rio right?) so I can see the biggest and best ship that have been to my country!:) We brazilians who love cruising are waiting for this time since the Voyager Class was first launched and it will be Awesome to see pictures of Mariner there! Now RCI needs to put a Voyager Class for an entire season in Brazil together with Splendour(she's in her 5th or 6th season there) and Radiance(will start her 1st season there)...

WELL ENJOY!:cool:

Now RCI needs to put a Voyager Class for an entire season in Brazil together with Splendour(she's in her 5th or 6th season there) and Radiance(will start her 1st season there)...

WELL ENJOY!:cool:

I know how you feel but there are a lot of other people who feel the same way and want RCI to base a Voyager class ship in their favorite port. (There are many who would be absolutely thrilled to have a Vision or Radiance class ship on even a seasonal basis) I guess you'll just have to get in line and be very patient. One thing to consider is that if the Splendour and Radiance are extremely successful during their time in Brazil, the odds of getting a Voyager Class ship will improve. Otherwise, you could be in for a long, long wait.:)

I know how you feel but there are a lot of other people who feel the same way and want RCI to base a Voyager class ship in their favorite port. (There are many who would be absolutely thrilled to have a Vision or Radiance class ship on even a seasonal basis) I guess you'll just have to get in line and be very patient. One thing to consider is that if the Splendour and Radiance are extremely successful during their time in Brazil, the odds of getting a Voyager Class ship will improve. Otherwise, you could be in for a long, long wait.:)

Yes I know I might have to wait....I think a Voyager Class is too big for a whole season....cruises are becoming famous in Brazil among Brazilians and also tourists but a Voyager Class is WAY bigger than the Splendour....they've already switched the Radiance for the Legend in the next season(2009/2010) ,aybe because Radiance is too big but I still think in the near future we'll see Mega Ships there since MSC and Costa are sending 3 huge ships each(like the MSC Musica, Opera, and Armonia, and the Costa Magica, Mediterranea, and Romantica) RCI wont give up the land...or should say...THE SEA....:D

Nothing but junk mail here too but we're packed! You did a good job phonetically for El Mercado and LaVillita (the Ls are silent) but San Francisco Steakhouse has been gone for quite awhile. And when dining in San Antonio it's SOUTHWESTERN/MEXICAN food! Len and Letty - I hope you found some of the good places. On the Riverwalk Boudro's is our favorite. The Guacamole they make at the table is wonderful.

We aren't doing anything special for New Years Eve but on New Years Day we will have our black-eyed peas and cabbage. On the 2nd it will be manicures and pedicures and on the 3rd we'll be in Florida!

See you soon!

Lou

Archived