Mariner of the Seas Around the Horn of South America

glgolfer

Paul: Have a fantastic cruise...........how much luggage are you taking for 46 days?? Just where do you FLY back to Florida from?? I can see you paying some Luggage Sur-charges!! :eek:

Where will be able to see your "Live" posts??

Right here.

Flying back from LAX.

Just packing for a normal 12 to 14 day cruise. We'll use the ships laundry.

I just bought a Power Ball ticket (80 million) the drawing is Wed night, that gives me enough time to call RC and get cabins for all 3 legs, get packed and get to PC before she leaves on this historic journey.

Yep, that works for me!! :D :D :D

Ya got your Yellow Fever shots?? More importantly........do you have Brazilian visas???

You won't be getting those "overnight"!!

There are a couple of people that mailed theirs in just before Thanksgiving, and will be getting them on Tuesday!! Now......that's close!!:eek::eek:

But.......then again........you could come join me on the last leg......with just the Yellow Fever inoculation.

That way.........you wouldn't miss much of the 80 million!!

Rick

Right here.

Flying back from LAX.

Just packing for a normal 12 to 14 day cruise. We'll use the ships laundry.

Or you could take a trunkfull of old clothing and discard it along the way as you go from port to port. By the end you might have only enough left to fill two suitcases each. You might not be your usual fashion plate but think of the savings in laundry costs and how much your clothing donations will be appreciated in some of the countries you visit. :D

Have a great trip and give our love to Judy.

Len and I have started our journey. We decided to drive across this great land of ours from California to Florida. We are in Fort Stockton, Texas tonight. Tomorrow we are heading to San Antonio for 2 nights to visit very good friends of ours. Letty

Len and I have started our journey. We decided to drive across this great land of ours from California to Florida. We are in Fort Stockton, Texas tonight. Tomorrow we are heading to San Antonio for 2 nights to visit very good friends of ours. Letty

Len and Letty............I know that you do not know us as well......but we would have loved to have you stay with us last evening!!

Bobbie has all of the Christmas decorations taken down...........all she wants to do now is pack

I don't know your return.....we can talk about it onboard........you are certainly welcome to stay with us on the return.

Rick

Ya got your Yellow Fever shots?? More importantly........do you have Brazilian visas???

You won't be getting those "overnight"!!

There are a couple of people that mailed theirs in just before Thanksgiving, and will be getting them on Tuesday!! Now......that's close!!:eek::eek:

But.......then again........you could come join me on the last leg......with just the Yellow Fever inoculation.

That way.........you wouldn't miss much of the 80 million!!

Rick

Rick........just have $131.00 ready when you land in Santiago. They like 50's............no 100 dollar bills!:D

Or you could take a trunkfull of old clothing and discard it along the way as you go from port to port. By the end you might have only enough left to fill two suitcases each. You might not be your usual fashion plate but think of the savings in laundry costs and how much your clothing donations will be appreciated in some of the countries you visit. :D

Have a great trip and give our love to Judy.

Judy's doing that with some clothes and shoes that won't be coming home with us.

Laugh if you will, but I plan on losing weight on this cruise. I even lost weight on the 3 night Sovereign in September.

And to think that June 1, 2007 I started this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=564794&highlight=interested+doing+repo+mariner in anticipation of the Mariner going to the West Coast............and now it's really happening.:)

In 6 days you all are going on the cruise of a lifetime. You survived getting your Visas (see I told you it was painless) and your YF shots (for those that decided to get them).

Have a wonderful cruise and I hope you bring back wonderful memories to last a life time.

I can not even imagine my going on a cruise like that.

But for all the wonderful CC's who will have that pleasure, my best wishes for the greatest experience you will ever have cruising.

I can't wait to read your live updates Paul. :D

My best to each and every one of you to have the time of your lives on board the Mariner.

I am also waiting for her arrival to the West Coast. Be good to her. :D

EDIT:

Hi Sooner-b-Crusin,

Have a great trip and don't forget your table. :D

Hornblowers Mariner of the

Seas Around the Horn Cruise

Well, here we are with one week to go before we board the Mariner of the Seas for the epic 46 day around the horn of South America cruise from Port Canaveral to Los Angeles beginning 4 January 2009.

We have a roll call of about 200 people, most of who are cruising all 46 days. There are also folks cruising only one leg, be it first, second or third. Then there’s the 2 leggers on either first and second or second and third. Most of the states are covered, along with Canada, England and Australia.

We all have our Brazilian visas, our yellow fever shots or waivers due to age or health and various other injections for typhoid, Hep A & B and tetanus/diphtheria as needed.

Some are packed, some are still agonizing how/what to pack for so long a cruise and others will throw things in a suitcase at the last minute and hope they picked the right things.

There will be various folks contributing to this thread. So, you will get different perspectives of the same cruise. There will be reviews of many different excursions, both private and ship.

It’s about 50/50 sea days and port days.

That’s all there is for now.

Looking forward to reading all your enjoyable posts Paul. You know we wish we could be going also. Have a great time and stay healthy. :)

See everyone on Sunday.

Patrick and Daryl

Itinerary - Mariner of the Seas Around the Horn - 1/4/2009 to 2/19/2009 updated 06-15-2008

Leg Day of Leg Day of Cruise Date (2009) Day Port Arrive Depart Hours Activity / Notes

1 1 1 Jan 4 Sun Port Canaveral, Florida [700a] 800p Docked

2 2 5 Mon Cococay, Bahamas 700a 500p 10 Tendered

3 3 6 Tue Cruising Cruising

4 4 7 Wed Cruising Cruising

5 5 8 Thu Philipsburg, St. Maarten 700a 600p 11 Docked

6 6 9 Fri Basseterre, St. Kitts 700a 330p 8.5 Docked

7 7 10 Sat Bridgetown, Barbados 900a 600p 9 Docked

8 8 11 Sun Cruising Cruising

9 9 12 Mon Cruising Cruising

10 10 13 Tue Cruising Cruising

11 11 14 Wed Cruising Cruising

12 12 15 Thu Cruising Cruising