Mariner of the Seas Around the Horn of South America

glgolfer

DAY SIX, FRIDAY 2 JANUARY 2009

........snip........

One last grocery stop for vittles for dinner tonight. Patrick & Daryl and Roger & Ivan will be here this afternoon. We cruised with them on a Navigator transatlantic in 2007. ........snip.....

Paul, I didn't know it was them coming for dinner! Tell 'em all Hi from Bob and me. :D

That was some wild ride on the Navigator, wasn't it! :eek:

Paul and Judy have a wonderful time. As well as everyone else:)

Paul thanks for the web sites, will check them out.

We sail out of Miami Jan 18th on Carnival Valor, I'll raise my glass to you and Judy in salute of a wonderful trip and good friends made:)

Myssie

Patrick & Daryl and Roger & Ivan just keft after an afternoon of good conversation, a pretty good meal even if I made it myself and a renewal of friendships.

Now it feels like we're really getting ready to go.

My cousin called and they will now be here sometime tomorrow.

Any suggestions for dinner around Cocoa Beach or the port for a good meal? Might just go to Fish Lips or one of the other places around the port. Glad to have a few days to rest before the adventure begins! Looking forward to meeting the group on Sat. @ the Raddison.

Tammy and Tom

(cell) 307-631-4157

We are at/near the port in Cocoa Beach. Who is in the area this evening? Planning on dinner near the port tonight. Might try Fish Lips again or one of the other places near there. Any suggestions!

Got our Wally World shopping done this afternoon. If we don't have everything we need , I am sure someone else will have it along. Brought way too much computer gear! If anyone forgets a usb cable or anything else along those lines, contact me!

T & T

Oh. ...that is a ways. I was just reading your post that the gang (our mutual friends) had left pretty early....but that is a bit of a drive. Thanks. We are looking forward to hearing all about your great adventure. :D

~Patti :)

Oh. ...that is a ways. I was just reading your post that the gang (our mutual friends) had left pretty early....but that is a bit of a drive. Thanks. We are looking forward to hearing all about your great adventure. :D

It's about 2 1/2 hour drive or a little longer depending on trafic.

Paul..........a very BIG THANK YOU!! for all that you have done to help organize this trip.

Bobbie is looking forward to meeting Judy and you. Give her a call Sunday.........or go beat on her door.......oh, I forgot.....she has a doorbell!!:D

Also looking forward to meeting you on the last leg of the cruise.

You have been a tremendous asset in making this so much easier for so many!!

Take care...getting to the pier!!

Some of us will be watching you pull away from the pier.......vie the webcam.:rolleyes:

Rick

Paul..........a very BIG THANK YOU!! for all that you have done to help organize this trip.

Bobbie is looking forward to meeting Judy and you. Give her a call Sunday.........or go beat on her door.......oh, I forgot.....she has a doorbell!!:D

Also looking forward to meeting you on the last leg of the cruise.

You have been a tremendous asset in making this so much easier for so many!!

Take care...getting to the pier!!

Some of us will be watching you pull away from the pier.......vie the webcam.:rolleyes:

Rick

Rick

OHHHHHHH...... I so want a doorbell. Reckon I could stop by Lowe's on the way out and pick one up. Carol, want me to grab you one too, 2 two????:D

I'm looking so forward to meeting Bobbie.

Pat

Paul, I didn't know it was them coming for dinner! Tell 'em all Hi from Bob and me. :D

That was some wild ride on the Navigator, wasn't it! :eek:

Char, I hope you and the bobster are doing great.

Paul....how are you and Judy getting to the port? Are you renting a car or did you hire a car?

We have a mini-van rented as my cousin is coming here to ride over with us. She's in a cabin with 2 other ladies for the 46 days.

We'll drop it off at Hertz at the Cape. They have shuttles to the pier.

Char, I hope you and the bobster are doing great.

Hey Patrick! :D Good to "see" ya!

Are you going to make a pictorial review of this cruise? I get my CD out and look at it from time to time.

Have a great time and tell Daryl hello! :)

Char - Patrick shipped DVD covers and DVDs to our house. He picked them up yesterday. He's making a DVD for each leg. Roger has the conference rooms scheduled the end of each leg for the showing.

I gave Patrick the list of who signed up for the DVDs and their cabin numbers for distribution if they miss the gala premier showing.

When they walked in the house yesterday it was like we had just seen them days ago instead of over a year and a half.

Char - Patrick shipped DVD covers and DVDs to our house. He picked them up yesterday. He's making a DVD for each leg. Roger has the conference rooms scheduled the end of each leg for the showing.

I gave Patrick the list of who signed up for the DVDs and their cabin numbers for distribution if they miss the gala premier showing.

When they walked in the house yesterday it was like we had just seen them days ago instead of over a year and a half.

That will be wonderful! :D Patrick does such a great job of catching just the right moments for posterity! :)

I wonder if any of the staff will be on hand for the "premier" showing of the 3 segments? Be sure to invite them.

Any suggestions for dinner around Cocoa Beach or the port for a good meal? Might just go to Fish Lips or one of the other places around the port. Glad to have a few days to rest before the adventure begins! Looking forward to meeting the group on Sat. @ the Raddison.

Tammy and Tom

(cell) 307-631-4157

We had supper at Zachary's Family Restaurant at the port.

It is run by a family from Crete - with friendly efficient service.

Great Greek salads and Greek wine - fish specials were delectable.

I saw an advertising brochure at the till for Shirley Nelson Brown's gift baskets. She has a web thread about Port Canaveral. You might check her thread for a run down for restaurants to tey.

She and Preston run the Cape Canaveral thread.

Tomorrow Paul and I are going to Fishlips after a day at the beach.

Don't forget to meet at the Radisson Pool at 5 pm for our Hornblowers Precruise Gathering.

I'll have the Hornblowers name tags - so come get one to

identify yourselves.

Nancy

Char.......great to see you posting here!!

Bobbie has had her last sleep here.......and is up and watching the weather in Florida. Looks like a bit of a cold front moving into the panhandle of Florida. It shouldn't bother anyone in the Orlando, Port Canaveral area. That looks great for today and tomorrow!!

Our next stop after breakfast is the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport, and a goodbye hug!!:(

Rick

Happy New Year Patti and Bill,

Wish you were on this cruise with us.

We got your message on the other web thread - it's been a rush to tie up loose ends and get ourselves down to Port Canaveral yesterday.

We really enjoyed meeting you both on Grandeur last month.

AND we enjoyed the B2B on Grandeur enough to make a provisional booking on her next November (for my birthday.)

What an absolutely elegant little ship.

Take care of each other.

Nancy and Paul

Happy New Year Patti and Bill' date='

Wish you were on this cruise with us.

We got your message on the other web thread - it's been a rush to tie up loose ends and get ourselves down to Port Canaveral yesterday.

We really enjoyed meeting you both on Grandeur last month.

AND we enjoyed the B2B on Grandeur enough to make a provisional booking on her next November (for my birthday.)

What an absolutely elegant little ship.

Take care of each other.

Nancy and Paul[/quote']

Nancy ~ I missed saying Bon Voyage on the Canada Eh thread...have an amazing, wonderful cruise. Bon Voyage as you sail with a few of my Pink Boa friends :)

Archived