Copying photos from memory stick to CD

Auntiejo

Does anyone know if you can have the photography department on board the ship copy photos from your memory card onto a disc? Trying to avoid having to buy extra memory cards for a 12-day med cruise on the Ruby (yes - I plan on taking hundreds and hundres of photos!).

If they do this, do you remember what the fee is?

Does anyone know if you can have the photography department on board the ship copy photos from your memory card onto a disc? Trying to avoid having to buy extra memory cards for a 12-day med cruise on the Ruby (yes - I plan on taking hundreds and hundres of photos!).

If they do this, do you remember what the fee is?

I don't know what camera you have or how many pics your card holds but I have found that the price of a 1 gig sd card is only about $14.99. It holds about 1000 pics in my camera. Of coarse my camera is a few yrs old so mileage varies. It may be less expensive to buy a few cards. I don't even delete the cards. I just by a new one when the card is full.

I don't know what camera you have or how many pics your card holds but I have found that the price of a 1 gig sd card is only about $14.99. It holds about 1000 pics in my camera. Of coarse my camera is a few yrs old so mileage varies. It may be less expensive to buy a few cards. I don't even delete the cards. I just by a new one when the card is full.

I have my camera set for very high res photos - my 4GB card holds about 700 photos. The cards are about $45. I know I will be taking more pictures than that during my trip (we'll be traveling for nearly 3 weeks including pre and post cruise stays). Plus I like to take occasional short videos with my camera which take up more space.

Yes they can put your pictures on a CD. If I recall, the price is about $10.00

I'll bet they have a limit on the total transfer. You'd be better off buying an extra 4 or 8GB card. I just ordered an extra 8GB card for $25. In the long run you'll save more money.

I agree with buying extra cards. I asked about the copy service on the Crown and got two different prices from two different photo staff members.:confused: I think the qutoed prices were $15 and $20, less the nickel, to make it sound less expensive.:rolleyes:

Archived