Carnival not returning calls?

Shesa-Renegade

Hi All,

I have a cruise booked for August 2009 on the Spirit. I received notification 3 weeks ago that I had a new PVP. I tried calling her to check on price adjustments as my cruise cost currently has the fuel-supplement charges on it. A week later and still no response. So I tried calling the general 800 number a couple of times over the last two weeks and have left messages but have still not received a call back.:(

I'm terribly peeved about this. This will be my 4th cruise with Carnival and I have never experienced this before. I realize it's the holidays so I have been trying to cut them some slack...but three weeks worth??

Has anyone else had issues over the past few weeks?

Hi All,

I have a cruise booked for August 2009 on the Spirit. I received notification 3 weeks ago that I had a new PVP. I tried calling her to check on price adjustments as my cruise cost currently has the fuel-supplement charges on it. A week later and still no response. So I tried calling the general 800 number a couple of times over the last two weeks and have left messages but have still not received a call back.:(

I'm terribly peeved about this. This will be my 4th cruise with Carnival and I have never experienced this before. I realize it's the holidays so I have been trying to cut them some slack...but three weeks worth??

What general 800# did you call? You should have been connected with someone live. Try 1-888-Carnival 1-888-227-6482

Our PVP went on maternity leave in October 07 and never came back. We were never notified. I called her number in December 07 when I saw a fare reduction for our April 08 cruise. We got the number of her replacement.

We called this new PVP number and left a message. This call never was returned. We called several times over the course of the next couple of weeks and never got a reply.

The last time we called was to try to give the information for our final payment. No response. I had to call the 1888 carnival number to give my credit card information for the final payment.

This next cruise, I called the 1888 carnival number and booked. When I saw the fare drop, I called and was not only given the reduction but an upgrade plus a past guest discount.

I don't think that I will use a PVP or a TA in the future.

Hi All,

I've never NOT spoken to an agent when calling the regular reservation number.... Sometimes on hold for a minute or two.

If you PVP isn't returning your phone messages, speak to someone else. You are not HER client, you are Carnivals client and you can speak to anyone you wish.

I had a question for Carnival (I don't have PVP) andcalled the 800 number and listened to menu and pushed 2 as I had already booked a cruise,and rang forever and no answer so I called back pushed 1 which is selection to book a cruise and it was answered immediately.

Hi All,

This is the prime/main reason to use a local travel agent in your area. You can always walk in and talk to them and they take care of it for you. Generally while you are sitting there. And believe it or not you get the same price as calling a PVP or booking online with Carn-evil......;)

They (a TA) gets a comission and wants to get more of your business for a job well done.......:cool:

I emailed my PVP 3 weeks ago and of course he never responded in any way.

He is quick to call me though when he gets notified that I should be calling him to book thru him or make any additions to my cruise, but when I go out of my way and try to contact him with a question about the cruise I have booked, I get ignored, so I am done with him.

I guess he only wants to take the initial booking and then ignore you from then on out, since he already got the "points" he wanted. I'll bypass him and book myself from now on.

I emailed my PVP 3 weeks ago and of course he never responded in any way.

He is quick to call me though when he gets notified that I should be calling him to book thru him or make any additions to my cruise, but when I go out of my way and try to contact him with a question about the cruise I have booked, I get ignored, so I am done with him.

I guess he only wants to take the initial booking and then ignore you from then on out, since he already got the "points" he wanted. I'll bypass him and book myself from now on.

Similar experience here. Our PVP even wrote me an e-mail that she didn't respond to e-mails and to CALL HER if we had a question. Of course, when we called, we'd get voice mail. She would eventually call us back after we called, maybe 3 days or so later, when it was a moot point. Her initials are CR. That's all I can say.

I had a question for Carnival (I don't have PVP) andcalled the 800 number and listened to menu and pushed 2 as I had already booked a cruise,and rang forever and no answer so I called back pushed 1 which is selection to book a cruise and it was answered immediately.

kinda funny, huh?

I've never NOT spoken to an agent when calling the regular reservation number.... Sometimes on hold for a minute or two.

If you PVP isn't returning your phone messages' date=' speak to someone else. You are not HER client, you are Carnivals client and you can speak to anyone you wish.[/quote']

Just remember your PIN number or no one else can help you with a previously booked cruise. I had that problem. Didn't know I had a pin number until she prompted me about the last 4 digits of my SS# & sure enough that was it. I don't remember them asking me when I booked but they must have.

Our PVP went on maternity leave in October 07 and never came back. We were never notified. I called her number in December 07 when I saw a fare reduction for our April 08 cruise. We got the number of her replacement.

We called this new PVP number and left a message. This call never was returned. We called several times over the course of the next couple of weeks and never got a reply.

The last time we called was to try to give the information for our final payment. No response. I had to call the 1888 carnival number to give my credit card information for the final payment.

This next cruise, I called the 1888 carnival number and booked. When I saw the fare drop, I called and was not only given the reduction but an upgrade plus a past guest discount.

I don't think that I will use a PVP or a TA in the future.

How else are you going to book or are you saying you aren't going to cruise again?

Bill

They are addressing the fuel supplement issue in the order of the cruise (December 2008, January 2009, etc.) They have to do each one individually. They will get to yours. I know it's hard; but be patient:)

How much patience should one have? We leave in 10 days and our fuel supplement is still on our invoice?

Bill

You can just book on the carnival website.

so then you'd be dealing with a CVS? If you have a PVP can't you just call the toll free number and get anyone to help you?

I see that the OP has tried that and nobody returns calls.

I use a TA so don't know the inner workings of how CCL's phone people work. I have read on here that they are highly trained and much better than using a TA.:confused:

Thanks for the reply :)

Bill

so then you'd be dealing with a CVS? If you have a PVP can't you just call the toll free number and get anyone to help you?

I see that the OP has tried that and nobody returns calls.

I use a TA so don't know the inner workings of how CCL's phone people work. I have read on here that they are highly trained and much better than using a TA.:confused:

Thanks for the reply :)

Bill

Regardless of how you book with Carnival direct...You can call the 888-Carnival number and get help with your booking 24/7 365.

How else are you going to book or are you saying you aren't going to cruise again?

Bill

I booked our next cruise by using the 1888 Carnival number and when the fare dropped, I called the same number. The agent who answered the phone gave me the drop in fare, a past guest discount, and an upgrade during the same call.

Now in the future, I'll either book directly on the web site or by telephone to the customer service number. We're looking now to book a second cruise this fall and that will make our planned cruise in 2010 our platimum cruise.:D

How much patience should one have? We leave in 10 days and our fuel supplement is still on our invoice?

Bill

Your refund will be reflected on your onboard account. They aren't going to call you to notify you that it will be there. Their announcements cover the procedure very thoroughly.

Archived