Cheesy Shirt Sale-Dumped on Table like Costco-Bugged me

bdklein

I also think it looks classless. RCI has beautiful facilities and products, but watching a bunch of old ladies storm a folding table like a Walmart on Black Friday is very low brow. Pretty soon, they'll serve Piels beer on the pool deck in red plastic cups limited for only 2 hours. Blue light special anyone?

The cruise line has a classy image - don't do things to lower it.

While I somewhat disagree with you on the t-shirt issue, I really dig your avatar, the B-17 is a beautiful airplane. I'm hoping to get to Airventure this coming Summer and take a ride on Aluminum Overcast. Sorry to everyone else for hijacking the t-shirt thread for a moment, but airplanes are too important to pass up the chance to chat about.

I also think it looks classless. RCI has beautiful facilities and products, but watching a bunch of old ladies storm a folding table like a Walmart on Black Friday is very low brow. Pretty soon, they'll serve Piels beer on the pool deck in red plastic cups limited for only 2 hours. Blue light special anyone?

The cruise line has a classy image - don't do things to lower it.

Well, RCI is my favorite cruiseline and I agree that their ships, especially those of the Radiance Class, are beautiful, but I wouldn't exactly describe the line's image as "classy" and not just because they put items such as T shirts out on sale. Perhaps you have a different definition of "classy" than I do, but I hardly think that some of the activities such as the "sexy legs contests, belly flop contests" and even the Quest, as much fun as that is, provide Royal Caribbean with a "classy" image - a "fun" image, perhaps, and not a "stuffy" image, but "classy" - I think not.:D

What may be cheesy to you may be worth a million bucks to someone else!

Remember the old saying : One man's JUNK is another Man's Treasures!:

To be honest I have never ventured to the sale tables, no interest in all, but there sure are a lot of voltures surrounding the table, grabbing the items! Must be worthwhile to some!:)

We have bought several of those "bargain" t-shirts on the folding tables...and I didn't find cheese on a single one... It's too late to return them I guess... :rolleyes:

LL

Yes you are well beyond the time limit for returns.:D Maybe you should start a thread with the heading: "Is RCI guilty of false advertising for selling cheesy T shirts that don't have cheese on them?":D:D

Yes you are well beyond the time limit for returns.:D Maybe you should start a thread with the heading: "Is RCI guilty of false advertising for selling cheesy T shirts that don't have cheese on them?":D:D

Now there's a good topic for a "meaty" thread!

Nobody has asked if I got whine with that cheese... :D

LL

What may be cheesy to you may be worth a million bucks to someone else!

Remember the old saying : One man's JUNK is another Man's Treasures!:

To be honest I have never ventured to the sale tables, no interest in all, but there sure are a lot of voltures surrounding the table, grabbing the items! Must be worthwhile to some!:)

For me it isn't the tee-shirts or the sale. It is the way they put tables in the walk ways and then the crowds get around them make it worse. Not big on the side walk sale type things.

yes you are well beyond the time limit for returns.:d maybe you should start a thread with the heading: "is rci guilty of false advertising for selling cheesy t shirts that don't have cheese on them?":d:d

Sounds like somebody's after a "free cruise"

rotflmao!!!!! :D

For me it isn't the tee-shirts or the sale. It is the way they put tables in the walk ways and then the crowds get around them make it worse.

That was exactly my point. When you have to take a detour around the pool area or can't walk through the Promenade; there is negative impact for some which should not be overlooked.

It is a sad day when someone let a table full of unruly T-shirts ruin a perfectly good day at sea.

What are you talking about? Did I say my day sea was ruined? Did I not say I liked the cruise? Did I not say I would go on RCCL again?

Nice job of misreprenting me and what I said; I hope you are not a criminal defense attorney.

My wife and I took our first RCCL cruise last month; Navigator Dec 20th. We overall liked it, and would go back to RCCL. But one thing really bugged me, and I wonder if anyone else is bothered by it was well. It appears to me that RCCL tries to present a classy image with things such as the Solarium and the Promenade. But putting up tables with tshirts strewn all over the place on sale really cheapened the cruise for me-like a Flea Market or Costco. Again overall the trip was great, but just curious if anyone else is turned off by this practice.
My DW loves this.

While I somewhat disagree with you on the t-shirt issue, I really dig your avatar, the B-17 is a beautiful airplane. I'm hoping to get to Airventure this coming Summer and take a ride on Aluminum Overcast. Sorry to everyone else for hijacking the t-shirt thread for a moment, but airplanes are too important to pass up the chance to chat about.

It is my grandfather's B-17 --- "My Princess". He piloted his 25th mission on D-day. He thought he was going home when he landed. They made him fly 9 more. He's still alive in southern Florida. I visit him before every cruise. I'll see him again in February.

I drive a 414A RAM VII for my family.

*** End Hijack ***

Archived