HAL itinerary changes?

grenouille

Hi all,

First time poster, lurker for a few weeks.... you all seem like a great bunch of people!

Here's my problem- the itinerary printed up in the brochure and on the general HAL site (for our West.Car cruise in January) says one thing, but when I logged in last night to look at excursions, the itinerary was

a) completely reversed

b) port of Ocho Rios was changed to Montego Bay and

c) times in port were WAY different.

what gives???:confused:

the strange thing is, when you click on the montego bay port description, it spits out the bit about ocho rios....and the caymen island port authority still lists our ship on the original date...

anyone else have fairly majoy important itinerary changes? when did you find out?

i'm worried about booking my own shore excursions!

Thanks!

Websites are only as good as the people who maintain them. Usually okay, but sometimes can be flukey. Have you tried going in to book shore excursions by logging in with your booking number? That will tie back into the "official" itinerary. Try that and see what comes up.

Jim,

I noticed the different itinerary when i tried to do just that- log in to book excursions. yet elsewhere, on the main part of the site, they have a different itinerary also. all this, on HAL's site... i wonder if they even know, this far ahead, which itinerary they will go with....

i wouldn't be so worried if it was just one thing changing, like a departure time from a port, but to flip the entire schedule backwards? that means the ports/days are *all* different...

i guess i'll have to call HAL tonight to find out.

Thanks!

I phoned a few weeks ago about the 12/4 Zaandam and the response was that Montego Bay was being substituted for Ocho Rios and no stop at GC. Cozumel was much later departure.

Frankly, I'm not pleased at the Jamaica change - Dunn's Falls in now out of the picture unless I want to spend 5 hours on a bus. Just why I go to the islands.

You might want to try your cruise on travelocity . . . they now have the correct info on mine.

i wonder if they even know, this far ahead, which itinerary they will go with....
Yes and no. For a January sailing, I'm sure they've made their restructuring decisions based on recent storms in the Caribbean. Every cruise line has had to make changes. I'm sure it's quite a juggling act to work with all the port authorities to get space to dock or anchor without exceeding the port's capacity. However, itineraries are subject to change at any time ... even enroute. (Rare, but it does happen.) Lots of unseen factors can pop up and come into play. Hopefully you'll soon have a definitive answer.

Archived