Roll Call Seabourn Spirit 15-11-2009 Lisbon-Ft. Lauderdale

Seabourn-nail

Howard

So sorry to hear you, your Mother and Derak won't be with us on the Odyssey Crossing ~~but the Spirit TA Crossing will be every-so-much fun!

As you probably have read, Mother sailed with me until she was 94! I cherish all of the memories we made aboard the Seabourn Sister's ~~one I can still visualize....."arriving in our Suite 232 she always stated, "oh isn't it nice to be home again!" She loved our voyages.

Treasure all your days sailing with your sweet Mama!

Hope to see you in the near future aboard one of our Yachts!

Martita B.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks as if there will be lots of friends on this wonderful trip! Howard, Paul and I are looking forward to meeting you and Derek. How convenient that you live right there in the Fort Lauderdale area! Paul and I have flown down, since we live in northern Florida. But it's so ridiculous to have to fly north to Atlanta and change planes to get back to Florida! So the last two cruises, we have rented a car and had a nice leisurely drive visiting good friends in Gainesville on the way down.

Ginger

Hi Marja,

Looking forward to seeing you and Rene again on the Spirit crossing in November. Can't Wait!

Ray & Angela

That is great news, will be wonderful to see you again! I think we have a nice group of people already. I can't wait either....

Have a nice weekend!

Marja (and René)

Let's make a list of CC people who will be on this Spirit crossing:

TravelHop - Ponte Vedra Beach, FL (John & Dawn)

howndder - Ft. Lauderdale (Howard & Derek)

lifelover - Gulf Breeze Florida (Ginger & Paul)

dhream - Australia (Will & Felicia)

Itsally - Upper Midwest

sullaRaffaello - West Caldwell, NJ

ARDD - Key Largo, Florida (Ray & Angela)

Seabourn-nail - Hoorn, the Netherlands (René & Marja)

And then I know our good friends Jackie & George will be there too!

Marja

Hi everyone, How nice that our little band has grown into an orchestra. It will be a wonderful cruise with friendly faces and on an oh so wonderful line.

Ray and Angela, did we meet on Regent Voyager world cruise in 07? We were on the last leg and we met at bridge?

sueraffaello, aren't Seabourns' single pricing great? They have one of the best policies for singles.

Martita, Mom was thrilled that we never minded her tagging alomg during the many cruises we were togther. We too are sorry that she has decided to stop cruising, but her last cruise was indeed very difficult for her. The cruise lines had been wonderful towards her, but she herself made this decision.

Marja, thanks for making us a nice list.

Howard

Howard, no, we weren't on that Regent cruise. I'm not sure we've met yet (perhaps another Seabourn?) but we won't be strangers much longer. Looking forward to the crossing.

Ray and Angela

Add one more to your list for this sailing, Marja.

This will be my second sailing on Seabourn. I was on the Legend this past February and, of course, fell in love with the SB experience.

I am excited to be able to experience a transatlantic crossing on a ship the size of the Spirit, having previousy made two crossings on the QE2, and two on Celebrity C-class ships.

And, of course, I look forward to meeting my fellow CC'ers over drinks at the Sky Bar.

Cheers!

Newest list of CC people who will be on this Spirit crossing:

Itsally - Upper Midwest

Constance331 - New York City

I don't know all your first names, sorry!

Marja

Itsally - Upper Midwest

Constance331 - New York City (Roxanne)

Marja

I believe there is only one terminal at Lisbon. Plus fetting a taxi was a breeze. We'll be staying at the "Avenida Palace" near "restaurant row". Where is everyone else staying? That is if you are staying overnight or more. Lisbon is very compact and especially easy to get around. Plus taxis are quite resonable.

Howard

Yes, there is only one terminal in Lisbon of course on the river Tagus.

We will be spending one night in Hotel Altis Belem, also on the river overlooking the marina and terminal. So when I wake up, I will be able to see the Spirit (arrive?). It is a brand new hotel. I noticed it being built when we arrived on the Legend in April this year.

Marja

The reason I asked this question is because it looks like there are actually 3 terminals in Lisbon that handle cruise ships.

http://www.portodelisboa.pt/portal/page/portal/PORTAL_PORTO_LISBOA_ING/CRUZEIROS/CRUISE_TERMINALS

From the following page on that site,

http://www.portodelisboa.pt/portal/page/portal/PORTAL_PORTO_LISBOA/CRUZEIROS/Previsao_anual_de_navios_de_cruzeiro_2009.pdf

they haven't posted the terminal for our cruise yet, but it looks like so far this year, Seabourn has always used Terminal de Cruzeiros da Rocha Conde de Óbidos.

I had no idea, there are more cruise terminals in Lisboa! Actually we have always used the same; don't know the name!

But it will be mentioned in your ticket. If you want to know to book a hotel nearby, I suppose they wouldn't be far apart either, but that is just a guess; I was wrong before!

Marja

Good morning. This will be my first time in Lisbon, so I do not know about the terminals. I did book one night pre-cruise at the Sofitel Liberdade.

I also reserved for a private tour with Jorge, who has been highly recommended by Henry (wripro) on this board. Jorge is scheduled to meet my early-morning flight, tour with me in the morning, and finish up at the hotel.

Anyone have experience with prior stays at the Sofitel? I'm told it's centrally located, within easy walking distance to various places of interest.

Marja: Good of you to post that list; our 'little group' is growing and holds quite a few avid fans of TA's. What fun!

Just a note -- it's "L" in the ltsally (hard to read in lower case, I know). That "It" might make it sound like I know my way around 'information technology' - which definitely ain't the case:rolleyes:

Marja: Good of you to post that list; our 'little group' is growing and holds quite a few avid fans of TA's. What fun!

Just a note -- it's "L" in the ltsally (hard to read in lower case, I know). That "It" might make it sound like I know my way around 'information technology' - which definitely ain't the case:rolleyes:

Well, ltsally, you certainly had my brain (or what is left of IT) working early this morning! But it finally sank in! English is still not my "own" language you know, so sometimes I have to look/read twice.

Anyway, I've always looked at you or called you ITSALLY before, so it will take a while before, you will be like Lieutenant Sally!

Or you could just give me your first names, if that is OK with you. Most people on Seabourn only know their fellow passengers by remembering (if possible) each others first names anyway.

Have a nice day!

Marja

ltsally - Upper Midwest

Constance331 - New York City (Roxanne)

Marja

I'm sorry, did I miss something? I thought it was "its sally" (I know the extra "s" isn't in the actual sign in), like in "Hi there, its Sally". I didn't think of Info teck. Now you say its Lieutenant Sally? OK, it's time for "ltsally to tell us what it's all about. I find these screen names always interestimg. Mine is so boring, I wish I could change it. I really didn't give it much thought when I first signed up. Is there a way to change it?

Howard

Goodness, does this mean I'm a 'woman of mystery' at last!!??

I'm afraid it's not Lieutenant Sally - tho if I were going to have a rank, I think I'd prefer something along the lines of 'Major General'...:) or even, Major Major. It might be an unfair riddle for Marja, but, Howard, I bet you could probably figure things out if I used a clue: American pop culture.....?

In the meantime, for a first name, let's go with Arjay.

Archived