Numbers of Diamond and Diamond plus on cruise

kimberley

If there is a roll call thread for your cruise, you may be able to gauge the number of Diamond and Diamond Plus members who will be with you, but you have to realize that not all D and D+ members are also members of Cruise Critic and if you check for registrations for the Meet and Mingle, there is no breakdown of registrants according to membership levels. I'm not sure why the number is especially important to you. Levels will vary from cruise to cruise so if you are booked on a popular ship on a popular itinerary at a time when lots of people are cruising (ex. school vacation periods), you can probably count on having a large number of Diamond and Diamond plus members onboard with you. On our Jewel Transatlantic last September there were over 700 and on the Jewel repo out of Boston there were more than 300. As Patrick suggested, they may announce the number at the repeaters party or the Platinum and Diamond reception. Otherwise you could ask the loyalty ambassador or the concierge when you board.:)

Actually.........there is an email report that goes to most of the officers onboard............department heads I should say. But the person that will more than likely tell you the numbers is the Loyalty Ambassador.

Most of the time at the repeaters party........the LA will give the numbers, and for sure they normally do that at the D/D+ party.

Rick

Actually.........there is an email report that goes to most of the officers onboard............department heads I should say. But the person that will more than likely tell you the numbers is the Loyalty Ambassador.

Most of the time at the repeaters party........the LA will give the numbers, and for sure they normally do that at the D/D+ party.

Rick

Do they have both, a Welcome Back party AND a D/D+ party? (just turned Diamond).

I was just interested and wondered whether there is enough to open another lounge. On my ta on the IOS this is what they did. We never got a key to the diamond lounge and therefor no coffee machine. Thanks for your help. Kimberley

Dear Kimberly -- We were also on the IOS TA in November. The Viking Crown Lounge on Deck 14 was open every morning for D & D+ continental breakfast. There was a host/hostess posted at the door and you had to show your room key to get in. We went every morning and had a fresh cappucino and fruit and rolls. The door to the Diamond Lounge was propped open and you could go in if you liked. No extra key was required. As you know, the pre-dinner free drinks and goodies were served in the Pyramid Lounge on Deck 5. The Diamond Concierge and his assistant were running ragged as the D and D+ maxed out this Lounge almost every night. I think that the LA or the Concierge announced a very large contingent in the 700-800 range. We really enjoyed the service and appreciated the perk. We will be going back on the Eastbound TA in April. We did miss the chocolate covered strawberries in the Pyramid but did take advantage of them at the welcome back event in the ice show studio.

Archived