CAUGHT SMUGGLING ALCOHOL on RCCL????

Port Canaveral - Never had a problem bringing a couple beers on in checked luggage. The beers were in plastic bottles.

San Juan - They took the 3 - six packs we had put in the checked luggage and would not return them at the end of the trip. Plastic bottles again. San Juan was a terrible port to leave from. All sorts of problems.

E-Beth

Unlike the previous poster, we did the Serenade out of San Juan the last three Novembers. All three times never had any problems with bringing water or diet dr pepper on board. Also had no trouble with the rum runners (or any other trouble with San Juan)

The past April we cruised Navigator from FLL. While the two rum runners (one in suitcase and one in front of pants) both made it on with no trouble. The 3 airline mini bottles that were in my cosmetic bag got taken. On the top of this bag was a "orange slip" A Prohibited Item Seizure Form. I kept this slip as a souvenir and kinda thought it was funny that they take the time and effort to confiscate 3 bottles that total less than a couple ounces!!

In 2009 no problem in San Juan getting a bottle on board. Would NOT even attempt it in 2011. They took anything and everything.

However, I did attempt to bring a bottle on in Feb 2011 from St Maartin. They got it right away. I was surprised since in 2006 and 2009 I carried bottles back on and was never caught.

Times are a changing.

Something about bubble formation being different water vs booze.

I teach high school and we do this on overnight school trips too! Bubbles rise very quickly and dissipate with water, slower with alcohol. Just the fact that the kids know we will shake the bottles and check the mouth wash (food colored to match) is enough to deter them.

Thankyou for that! :D

A few years ago we had a very sordid death on a cruise line in the Pacific, out of Sydney. A woman, in her forties, travelling with her daughter died in dreadful circumstances. The story which emerged, was one of innocent partying on her behalf, perhaps she drank too much, was plied with date rape drugs, and was then raped by some young men (animals) in their cabin. In the morning she had died.

Of course there were court cases, and I think the family are pursuing a civil case with the men concerned (they were identified as she had died in their cabin, on the floor). But the Cruise line were not involved in any blame or anything. Interesting that in the links above, people were not held responsible, but the Cruise line was!

Duh...people always go after the "deep pockets..."

I think it depends on the time of year you cruise. If you cruise during Sprink Break season, historically I've read more people are asked to pick up their bags from the "naughty room". Other times of the year not so much.

We've never been caught smuggling anything onboard, but our small fan was taken once (from our carry on). When we disembarked we went to retrieve it and there were dozens of booze bottles waiting to be picked up. Along with a bunch of full sized irons and kids toys that looked like guns.

We have never taken alcoholic beverages onboard RCI. However, on our 2/03 Australia/NewZealand cruise on Legend the couple in the cabin next to ours had their 2 bottles in thier carry-on taken when they boarded. We were waiting in line to reboard in one port where there was a heated discussion about a bottle of wine. the passenger was arguing that it was for a friend that he was meeting in the next port and was not going to drink it on the ship. They told him the only way he could take it on was to pay the corking fee right there. Otherwise, they would return it at the end of the cruise.

However, 2 couples at our table did not have any problem bringing on a couple of bottles of champagne and a couple of bottles of something else.

For the first time, we did purchase 2 bottles of wine before our 2/04 South America cruise on Celebrity. We carried it on in the bag from the wine shop

without a problem. We still purchased a bottle for dinner every night and

drinks from the various lounges from time to time. Celebrity didn't lose any

money because we would probably would not have had anything to drink the

times we did enjoy a glass from these bottles on our balcony.

Celebrity allows two bottles of wine per cabin in your Carry on bag..no hard liquor allowed...

:( Sorry to hear!

Hope you book one in the near future.

Right now I'm cruiseless. Having bad withdrawals .

I have been on four different cruise lines and have never had my alcohol confiscated. I pack - wine' date=' champagne, beer, soda and water. Never the hard stuff.[/quote']

This thread is 7 years old, all the cruise lines have stricter rules now. Best to just abide by them. Princess still allows 2 bottles of wine, so that's my limit on their cruise line. Smuggling isn't my thing, I'm too old for that anyway.

This thread is 7 years old, all the cruise lines have stricter rules now. Best to just abide by them. Princess still allows 2 bottles of wine, so that's my limit on their cruise line. Smuggling isn't my thing, I'm too old for that anyway.

EXCUSE ME............where did you come up with that statement about Princess?

We got off in April.........in a suite.......had all of the liquor that we wanted.......either complimentary, or purchased. Princess has alway allowed 2 bottles of wine, to be allowed onboard.

Please back up your statement!:rolleyes:

The day that Princess or any other line does not allow me the same class of service the I have come to expect with any land based hotels, then I'm gone on to the next one.

Rick

We got off in April.........in a suite.......had all of the liquor that we wanted.......either complimentary, or purchased. Princess has alway allowed 2 bottles of wine, to be allowed onboard.

The day that Princess or any other line does not allow me the same class of service the I have come to expect with any land based hotels, then I'm gone on to the next one.

Rick

I have no idea why you gave me the rolled eyes... geesh. If you had liquor ..good for you. I was talking about what they allow to be brought on board.

Rick

Huh.......totally....confused.......by...your response.

Archived