Is my cruise a real one?

PamUK

Hi everyone

I know it sounds a silly question but here's the details......

DH and I are booked onto a 4 night cruise on the Vision of the Seas 7-11 Aug 09. We leave from Stockholm Sweden and finish in Copenhagen Denmark. We found it online and booked it when we were on the Indy in June. When the cruise brochure (UK version) was published, we were disappointed to see that the cruise wasn't in it. Then I started up a roll call thread for the sailing. After a few weeks, and nobody else had joined me on the roll call, the thread disappeared. I keep checking back to the roll calls and on the boards to see if anyone else has mentioned this cruise but there's absolutely nothing. So my main questions are:

1. Is this cruise listed in any other country's version of the brochure as the only place I can find it is on the RCI(UK) website?

2. Is anybody else booked onto it?

3. Was there a reason for my roll call thread disappearing i.e. they're only allowed for longer cruises?

I'm starting to have visions of this cruise just being DH, me and the crew!

Thanks for any help you can give me

Pam

p.s. We're going to be in cabin 3535 which is in a bit of a strange location, has anyone had any experiance of this or a similar placed cabin and did it cause them any problems with noise?

This cruise is on the RCCL.com as a cruise. If you go to plan a cruise and then chose your ship and look for the dates you will see a cruise on August 7, 2009.

Not sure if the link will work but here is the link to this page http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do;jsessionid=0000Ill2zzmqgNxY238xITC6pHt:12hdhubrs?ship=VI&dest=ANY

You do have to scroll down to find the date.

Pretty sure the threads disappear after a while if there is little to no activity.

Hi everyone

DH and I are booked onto a 4 night cruise on the Vision of the Seas 7-11 Aug 09. We leave from Stockholm Sweden and finish in Copenhagen Denmark. We found it online and booked it when we were on the Indy in June. When the cruise brochure (UK version) was published, we were disappointed to see that the cruise wasn't in it. Then I started up a roll call thread for the sailing. After a few weeks, and nobody else had joined me on the roll call, the thread disappeared. I keep checking back to the roll calls and on the boards to see if anyone else has mentioned this cruise but there's absolutely nothing. So my main questions are:

1. Is this cruise listed in any other country's version of the brochure as the only place I can find it is on the RCI(UK) website?

3. Was there a reason for my roll call thread disappearing i.e. they're only allowed for longer cruises?

Pam

p.s. We're going to be in cabin 3535 which is in a bit of a strange location, has anyone had any experiance of this or a similar placed cabin and did it cause them any problems with noise?

the only question I can answer is the disappearence of your thread...happens all the time, so no worries there...

I'm sure your cruise is real...

<p>

hi everyone</p>

<p> </p>

<p>i know it sounds a silly question but here's the details......</p>

<p> </p>

<p>dh and i are booked onto a 4 night cruise on the vision of the seas 7-11 aug 09. We leave from stockholm sweden and finish in copenhagen denmark. We found it online and booked it when we were on the indy in june. When the cruise brochure (uk version) was published, we were disappointed to see that the cruise wasn't in it. Then i started up a roll call thread for the sailing. After a few weeks, and nobody else had joined me on the roll call, the thread disappeared. I keep checking back to the roll calls and on the boards to see if anyone else has mentioned this cruise but there's absolutely nothing. So my main questions are:</p>

<p> </p>

<p>1. Is this cruise listed in any other country's version of the brochure as the only place i can find it is on the rci(uk) website?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>2. Is anybody else booked onto it?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>3. Was there a reason for my roll call thread disappearing i.e. They're only allowed for longer cruises?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>i'm starting to have visions of this cruise just being dh, me and the crew!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>thanks for any help you can give me</p>

<p> </p>

<p>pam</p>

<p> </p>

<p>p.s. We're going to be in cabin 3535 which is in a bit of a strange location, has anyone had any experiance of this or a similar placed cabin and did it cause them any problems with noise?

Yikes!!! Think I'd better try again. It's gone all funny on me!!

Hi,

We did a similar repositioning cruise on Jewel of the Seas last year.

Amsterdam to Oslo via Copenhagen. That wasn't in the brochures either, so don't worry. We did manage to keep a rollcall going but there were only three of us posting!LOL. I think you'll find that most of your fellow cruisers will be Northern Europeans and there aren't that many of us on CC.

BTW, we had a great time. Copenhagen is a beautiful city and is easily walkable from the dock and if you are docked near the fort in Oslo, that too is very central. Just be prepared for the cost of everything.:eek::eek::eek:

I'm sure you'll have a lovely cruise!

Was there a reason for my roll call thread disappearing i.e. they're only allowed for longer cruises?
Your roll call thread is still there: Vision of the Seas 7 - 11 Aug 09 Sweden - Denmark

It has just had no activity since you posted it so if falls off the front page. I found it by clicking on your user name and then clicking find all posts by PamUK. If you click on UserCP (lower left-hand corner of the banner at the top of the page) you will see all subscribed threads (ones you posted to, started or subscribed to) with activity since you last logged on. Click on view all subscribed threads to see all.

Sounds like a great cruise. I would love to cruise that part of the world someday. Enjoy! :)

...Pretty sure the threads disappear after a while if there is little to no activity.
Actually the threads are still there, just not visible. I think the default position is that threads move to background after one month and are not visible. You can click on "User CP" [all the way to the left at bottom of top box on this page (CP = Control Panel)], then click on "Edit Options", then scroll down to "Thread Display Options"/ "Default Thread Age Cut Off" and modify how long threads stay visible. Alternately on the first Control Panel Screen you can click on "Subscribed Threads"/ "List Subscriptions" and it should show ALL the threads that you are subscribed to - if you post a msg to any thread I think you are automatically subscribed to that thread [that is the only way *I* know to subscribe to a thread - does anyone know a way to subscribe without posting?]. Scroll down thru your subscribed threads and you should find your Roll Call post; click on it and you are into that thread.

The first thing I do every time I sign into CruiseCritic is click on "User CP" and up pops a list of every thread I am subscribed to that has new posts since the last time I was signed on - no need to search for "your" threads to see if anyone has responded. I found all of this out by a long process of trail and error - hope the info helps!

Don't worry, it IS a real cruise!

I am in a similar situation- we are booked on the Vision in May for 4 nights. We sail out of Harwich and end up in Oslo. These repositioning cruises often seem not to be in the brochures. We booked completely on a whim as the fare was £113 each (plus taxes) for an inside cabin for 4 nights! If anyone wants to come and join us it was under the 'Hot Deals' section of the RCI UK website last time I checked. It's the cheapest RCI cruise from the UK I have ever seen!

We do have roll call going for that cruise, but with these shorter trips I think it's pretty common to not have a very active one.

Enjoy your very real cruise:D

Thank you for finding my thread, I thought it had been pulled. I've given it a little bump :rolleyes: just in case anybody else is booked on this cruise.

Pam

Hi Pam, as others have said, yours is a real cruise, still on the RCI site, although not in the brochure.

Completely OT, where is Cambs are you?? I am from Ely originally

Don't worry, it IS a real cruise!

I am in a similar situation- we are booked on the Vision in May for 4 nights. We sail out of Harwich and end up in Oslo. These repositioning cruises often seem not to be in the brochures. We booked completely on a whim as the fare was £113 each (plus taxes) for an inside cabin for 4 nights! If anyone wants to come and join us it was under the 'Hot Deals' section of the RCI UK website last time I checked. It's the cheapest RCI cruise from the UK I have ever seen!

We do have roll call going for that cruise, but with these shorter trips I think it's pretty common to not have a very active one.

Enjoy your very real cruise:D

We were sooooo tempted by this but DH shift pattern caused us problems so we had to pass on this, but it did look fantastic and well worth the money. BTW I did ask RCI what the flight price would be and they wanted to charge more for the flight than the cost of the cruise in total!! SAS airline had much better prices.

Enjoy yourself, I'll be soo jealous!

Pam

Hi everyone

Pam

Maybe a phone call to RCI would clear this up for you.;)

if you post a msg to any thread I think you are automatically subscribed to that thread [that is the only way *I* know to subscribe to a thread - does anyone know a way to subscribe without posting?].

Yes, you can subscribe without posting to a thread. When in a thread, simply go to Thread Tools (at the top of the thread to the right) and click on "Subscribe to this Thread".

I'm in Ramsey, not far from Ely at all, how long since you were last here?

Pam

Wow Ramsey's not far at all, I used to take Ramsey Forty Foot, every day when I worked in Peterborough. Was back in England in July, but only got as far south as Lincoln, that's where my parents moved to. Last time I was in your area was Christmas 2004:mad:

Thank you for finding my thread, I thought it had been pulled. I've given it a little bump :rolleyes: just in case anybody else is booked on this cruise.

Pam

Easiest way is to "bookmark" it or make it a favorite, then you get to it anytime you want...

Archived