Intercontinental Hotel Miami

ACANADIANMAN

The rooms are very nice at this hotel with large windows. It is too bad that they don't have balconys. It is very convenient to shopping and restaurants at Bayside. The hotel has a very nice pool area, but no whirlpool. From many of the rooms you can see the tops of the cruise ships but the view is not as good as from the Biscayne Bay Marriott. I payed $125 through priceline, last January, and I thought I had a good price.

The hotel is very nice.

If that rate is reasonable depends upon when you'll be traveling.

I know somebody that recently got this hotel for $69 (for the room... not per person) but the rate goes up to $139 after the first of the year (rate is available most dates but not all)

Thanks for your responses. We have the hotel booked for Feb 04 - Feb 05/05.

I tried booking directly through the hotel and they were asking $225 a night for the same date and no transfers so I think I did OK.

Once again ...thanks for your responses.

If you can get that hotel through RCCL at that price...grab it. I'm envious!! To me, it's the nicest downtown hotel in Miami. Carnival used to have it as a pre-post hotel but hasn't for years now. The rates are high as are the prices in the restaurants. Just walk over to Bayside. The views in the rooms are fabulous and the rooms are wondeful especially the bathrooms! Enjoy!!

• 2 weeks later...

I love this hotel. Stayed there in August pre cruise during hurricane Charley. The hotel is wonderful. The location is great. They were filming a movie at the hotel while we were there. It's close to Bayside and Flagler Street shopping. The Metro Mover is across the street. Enjoy your stay. We did.

• 4 weeks later...
Just booked a room for 3 people at the Intercontinental across from the bayside marketplace for $69/person with transfers through RCCL. Has anyone stayed at this hotel and is the price paid for this hotel reasonable?

Thanks

You got the best deal in town

The Intercontinental is the closest one to the cruise ship pier. When you get there find the pool, locate the snack bar/restaurant and walk over there, the view is wonderful!

Tip- If you're an early riser they put out a coffee/danish cart in the morning for early business travelers to grab a cup and something to eat on the way someplace between 5am and 630am. After that its gone as the $20 pp buffet gets ready to open.

English Rose

Are you sure you're in the Intercontinental near Bayside?.........Princess UK usually use the Intercontinental about 6 miles from the airport (still very nice, but a bit remote)

WHOOPS!!! Just seen the date you were due to stay in the Intercontinental:o

Let us know which one you finished up in

One is at Bayside, the other I believe is off 87th Avenue. Both are about 6 miles from the airport, except one is west and the bayside one is east. At night If I were going out I'd stay in Bayside area I wouldn't go the other way as there's more "traffic" (wanderers, etc)

English Rose

Are you sure you're in the Intercontinental near Bayside?.........Princess UK usually use the Intercontinental about 6 miles from the airport (still very nice, but a bit remote)

WHOOPS!!! Just seen the date you were due to stay in the Intercontinental:o

Let us know which one you finished up in

• 2 weeks later...

heh ACANADIANMAN....we us to use that hotel all the time when cruising with Carnival...It is in a great location. You can walk right to bayside<hooters and other places to eat and shop>. Altho at night I would grab a taxi back to the hotel even tho its very close. Walking thru the park is iffy even in that area. See you soon. We are excited over here cant wait for the 5th altho we have no choice.....

Archived