"LIVE" from the Majesty / 01-17-2009

Radio

Radio, always love your "live" reports. Hope you enjoy Great Sturrup Cay and smooth sailing to you and your fellow passengers. We will be Bermuda bound out of Boston in May on the Spirit. Only about 30 minutes from the house, can't wait. We sailed the Dawn and Carnival Miracle from N.Y., but never cruised from Boston. It is such a treat to drive to a ship and not have the airplane hassle.

Radio,

Did you get the restaurants mixed up?;)

Those are $$$$ Versace chargers on the tables.:eek:

Ha ha ha. . You were right :o

That was a photo from Le Bistro on deck 5.

Thanks !

Radio

Le Bistro

SP18.JPG

Hello everyone. . . We arrived at Great Stirrup Cay at about 7AM, and the ship was cleared at about 8:30. I will be getting off at about 10AM.

The weather forecast is for rain and low 70’s, but it doesn’t appear that it will rain. The sun is very bright, and there are few clouds in the sky. If it rains or not. . . It won’t matter to me. I am glad to be on a cruise ship with the week off. . . No worries !

I just found out a couple of things that I didn’t know. . . Royal Caribbean’s Coco Cay private island is right next to GSC. I have been to Coco Cay many times, but I didn’t know that GSC was so close. I also found out that the tenders that are used here were from the NORWAY !

The Norway used to keep 2 tenders on the Bow, that they used for different ports of call (where they couldn’t dock).

Even though that the Norway is now gone, I am glad to see that NCL was able to make good use of the tenders. They hold 250 passengers each, with a unique bow hatch for debarkation.

On an entirely different subject. . . I wanted to say the Café Americano, down at the Coffee Bar on Deck 5 is the BEST !

I am going to get ready to hop on the tenders for GSC ! Here are a few pics from this morning. More pics later today !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Early Morning in the Bahamas

M1.JPG

Today’s Forecast

M2.JPG

Early Morning at Great Stirrup Cay

M3A.JPG

Royal Caribbean’s Coco Cay

M4.JPG

Little Norway 2

M5.JPG

It seems that today will be a Great Day !

M6.JPG

I love your pictures, it gets me in the sailing mood and also brings back memories of my trip "Thanksgiving " week. We never stopped at GSC because of weather conditions, but ive been there before anyway. Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures. Thanks for taking the time to do this while you are on vacation.:)

Hello everyone. . . It didn’t rain, and the temps reached 80f. . .Very Nice, but I didn’t make over to Great Stirrup Cay.

I went down to the Tender gangway at about 11:15AM, and boarded the tender. While in line I was noticing the tender was really pitching. . . So much that the tender gangway (the wide aluminum channel that secures the tender to the ship) came undone.

I boarded the tender at about 11:20AM, and we started to go to the GSC beach. . . We then abruptly turned around. We went in a large circle, and then ended up at the ship again.

It seems that the wind was so extreme, that the anchor(s) that secure Majesty, had slid, and would not hold the Ship in place. The Captain decided that we would not be allowed ashore, and all passengers that were currently ashore would be brought back to the ship. The wind was picking up and it didn’t appear that it would let down.

This announcement came at about 11:45, and the Captain apologized for any inconvenience that this may have caused, but the Safety of the passengers has forced his decision. Good call by the captain !!

I watched as several of the passengers had a difficult time boarding the ship. The tender would rise and fall quickly with the waves, and I am sure that others found it difficult as well.

They haven’t announced yet if we will be going to Nassau early ( I vote for YES), but I guess they will be bringing all of the BBQ Lunch supplies back to the ship and have it up on deck 9. Oh yes. . .they also suggested that all excursions would be refunded.

I will let everyone know how things turn out.

Here are a few pics from today. . . More pics later ! !

Radio

I made it on the tender (Little Norway II)

M10.JPG

Not many passengers on this tender. (about 50 passengers were up on Deck 2)

M11.JPG

NCL Majesty AFT

M12.JPG

Majesty Port Bow

M15.JPG

Another tender waiting to bring passengers back to the Majesty

M13.JPG

This appears to be a newer Tender (Little Stirrup Cay 2)

M16.JPG

Radio, I have followed quite a few of your cruises and am always a step behind you I hope one day to actually meet you on a ship. I sail out in 19 days and am thrilled to get to follow you for this trip! I was bummed to hear about you missing GSC. I have a feeling we will miss it also it seems lot's of ppl are.

Question: The place that you parked - what was the weekly charge? Was the shuttle free?

Thanks for sharing - nobody's live reports are as good as yours.

ABS

**UPDATE**

The Captain has just announced (5PM) that there has been a Medical emergency, and he has contacted the Pilot (Nassau), to meet with us at about 830PM.

We should be docked in Nassau by about 9PM (for debarkation of the passenger)

We will stay alongside in Nassau until tomorrow night as originally planned. . .

I hope the passenger will be OK.

All passengers will be allowed to debark the ship at about 930PM.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi Radio! Taking a sneak peak at work because your pictures come out better here! LOL

Hey, the HD is Mr. Walters...not Williams!

Continue to have fun on your trip,

coka

You are so right. . .:o

I need to spend more time in making sure I can type correctly :o Ooops!

Thanks. . .and Brian Walters thanks you too. . .

Mr Walters might be one of the best Hotel Directors I have met !

Radio

Here a a few pics just before we pulled anchor at great Stirrup Cay.

Radio

Big crowds out on Deck. . .Just before we left GSC.

M23.JPG

Warm sun, and Blue water. . . . I love it !

M25.JPG

Last photo of Great Stirrup cay, just before we left.

M26.JPG

Thanks Radio for your great shots & info of all the things on your cruise, which will be our cruise next week. You're the best

It does seem that they have been many times when GSC could not be used because of wind or whatever, so I've decided it's another day aboard unless we get really lucky.

I am getting my p-coat out right now with my gloves and scarf after seeing how you reported Charleston - better to be prepared. We even had some cold days in Houston. (but not 19)

Enjoy the warmth of The Bahamas - It's supposed to be very nice this week, with temps approaching 80 and down to only about 60 at night.

I will be following your "live" reports as well. We're considering taking a cruise on the Majesty in a few months but have some concerns about its age, cabin sizes and overall experience. Thank you and enjoy your cruise!

I have the Majesty booked out of Baltimore in July and I too am concerned. In Radio's pictures the pool area where the band is looks really small and narrow. It looks like on the upper deck you can barely walk by the lodge chairs.

If you read any post that sell the ship let me know as I'll will probably bail on this trip. It was a good price however its still 3k for a family of 4.

Hello everyone. . .Welcome to Nassau. We arrive last night at about 830PM, and they allowed all passengers off at about 915PM. Most people stayed on, but there were a couple of hundred passengers who decided to brave the rain last night.

I went off just to find a wi-fi hot spot in the terminal.

Today my plan is to go up to the Cable Beach area. There are resorts, and beaches up there. I may go over to Atlantis, but we are here until midnight tonight, so I might just play it by ear.

I may go up to Sandals Bahamas, or do some shopping, and I will be sure to stop at Starbucks (right across the street)

We are joined today my Majesty of the Seas, and later today we should see Regal Empress.

Here are a few pics from this morning. . .

Radio

Majesty in Nassau, last night.

T1.JPG

British Colonial Hilton, early this morning.(Straw Market, lower left)

T5.JPG

A Nice spot for coffee and free Wi Fi

T3.JPG

Majesty of the Seas pulls in next to us.

T4.JPG

Nassau early this morning

T6.JPG

Do you know if the pool bar waiters, Nenette and Mitch are onboard? They are great and have a lot of fans from the Boston to Bermuda days. I've seen their names mentioned by people reviewing the Majesty since then. Please be sure to give them a shout and tell them their fans want them on the Spirit next summer.:)

I am getting on the Majesty on Saturday right after you get off of it! Seeing your info this week is helping me to get even more excited about our trip next week. Thanks!

We will be getting on the 24th too! Can't wait! Getting out of this frozen tundra Thursday afternoon.:D

Archived