anybody fly air transat or flybglobespan>

CJcruzer

We've flown twice with flyglobespan. First time was return Edinburgh to Barcelona a few years ago with no complaints. The second time was from Barcelona to Edinburgh in October 2007 after a cruise. The flight was delayed by about 8 hours. The problem we encountered was - no information at all about the delay or how long we might have to wait. The flight, when we eventually got on it, was OK but only just OK.

We haven't used Air Transat.

I've flown Air Transat several times and am okay with them.

I like the fact that I can choose seat when I book (unlike British Air) and I also like the Club Class (business seats).

They are expanding (in times like these I find that surprising). More flights in to Europe in 2009.

well I booked the Air Transat Club class -flight times were good, flies to Gatwick (more convenient for us) - am willing to give them a chance.

My TA told me that some of the Air Transat flights that go Toronto to Gatwick return on Thompson Air (which is different from AT). The TA's can tell what flights do this.

We flew FlyGlobesban Edinburgh/Malaga/Edinburgh in late November 08. No problems at all, everything went as scheduled. Interior seating, toilets etc immaculate.

It is a "no frills" airline. You can take your own food and drink (subject to liquid restrictions until through security) or buy food and drink onboard. As usual onboard prices are quite high.

We have also flown Air Transaat, Glasgow/Vancouver/Glasgow in summer 07. Again no problems, everything went as scheduled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

If you book with Air Transat, pay the extra for the Club Class seats. Economy seats are fine, but luggage weight is restricted, including carryons. They weigh all the luggage, incl. carryon. When leaving London (Gatwick), we were dinged 80 Pounds for overweight carryon! Lesson learned! :eek:

We've flown several times with AirTransat in coach seats out of Canadian airports but not within the last 8 - 10 years. To say they aren't my favourite airline would be a gross understatement. Our experiences were so unpleasant (snarky FAs, broken A/C, broken A/V equipment, inedible food, dirty planes, the list goes on and on) that they are on our personal No Fly list - at any price.

All of my family are in Dublin and the only airline that flies direct from Toronto to Dublin is Air Transat. I absolutely cannot stand flying with them. They are usually on time and the service is ok. It is like a cattle truck. I am a 5' 9" female. Not super tall. If I want to cross my legs I have to put them out in the aisle cross them and move them back into the seating space and God forbid the person in front of you puts their seat back then they are in your lap. It is horrific. I have flown US Airways, Delta, American Airlines and they are all a dream for legspace compared to Air Transat. If Jetblue had international flights I would be the happiest camper in the world. Don't even get me started on Air Transat's miserable luggage allowance of 23kgs.

Archived