**OFFICIAL** Island Hoppers ~ Vancouver to Hawaii ~Sept 14, 2010

Luckysll

Tracey - I guess you and I will just have to chat until we find some other people to join up. I'd feel much better getting more than the required 8 cabins, because if we go with just 8 and someone cancels, then we're stuck paying the full rate and there'd go all our other perks.

Maybe a lot of people aren't thinking that far in advance yet.

Tracey - I guess you and I will just have to chat until we find some other people to join up. I'd feel much better getting more than the required 8 cabins, because if we go with just 8 and someone cancels, then we're stuck paying the full rate and there'd go all our other perks.

Here is a thought Sandy, Tracey and anyone else trying to get the Hawaii CC Group up and running,

why not post the link or a comment that you are working on getting a CC Group going to Hawaii Sept 2010, in your Siggys,

so that everywhere you all post, Like on the 09/07/10 to Alaska for you Tracey, and all the many places you post Sandy,

(and you know you do allot of posting on many different threads.)

your CC Group cruise to Hawaii will be getting a little action.

Just a thought. Sure would be fun to do that B2B :O) See ya on the front end of it Tracey.

So does that mean you are going to stick with us and try and get this CC group cruise going.:DWe do still have a lot of time up our sleeves. I would try and do it my self but I am in Australia and I think it might be a bit of a problem the time difference is the killer.So if you do stay that would be fantastic:D:D:D

Hi Sandy - Found you planning another group cruise I see :D

How is the planning for Panamaniacs II going? I'm having trouble with facebook and the yahoo chat. Drop me a line sometime and let ,e know whats happening.

Just thought I'd pop in and say HI ! Miss you!

Just so you know, you do not NEED 8 cabins to be considered a group. If you have less than 8 cabins, you will not get any tour conductor. However, if you start out holding 16-20 cabins (hoping for increased participation) and end up with less than 8 cabins, you do not lose your group pricing. Also, many of the group amenities are available to groups with as few as 5 cabins.

If this is something you really want to do, get CC's permission for a "group" and set it up. Either it will fly or it won't, but it will not cost you any more money either way (if you end up with less than 5 cabins, you may not get any amenities).

Good luck!!

Hi Sandy - Found you planning another group cruise I see :D

How is the planning for Panamaniacs II going? I'm having trouble with facebook and the yahoo chat. Drop me a line sometime and let ,e know whats happening.

Just thought I'd pop in and say HI ! Miss you!

Hi Lorna - miss you, too. Say hi to your Mom and Jess for me. :D

I think we've pretty much decided on the Miracle for the reunion ship, just have to figure out what dates. Guess I'll post on the roll call, Yahoo and Facebook and see what we decide on.

So does that mean you are going to stick with us and try and get this CC group cruise going.:DWe do still have a lot of time up our sleeves. I would try and do it my self but I am in Australia and I think it might be a bit of a problem the time difference is the killer.So if you do stay that would be fantastic:D:D:D

Yes, I'm still with you.

Just so you know, you do not NEED 8 cabins to be considered a group. If you have less than 8 cabins, you will not get any tour conductor. However, if you start out holding 16-20 cabins (hoping for increased participation) and end up with less than 8 cabins, you do not lose your group pricing. Also, many of the group amenities are available to groups with as few as 5 cabins.

If this is something you really want to do, get CC's permission for a "group" and set it up. Either it will fly or it won't, but it will not cost you any more money either way (if you end up with less than 5 cabins, you may not get any amenities).

Good luck!!

According to Cruisecritic, in order to be an "official" group cruise, you need at least 8 cabins. I don't really want to set up something with amenities, etc., and then have to say we're not getting them. At this point, there are only 4 possible cabins, so if there isn't enough interest for a group booking, then I'll just go with booking on my own.

According to Cruisecritic, in order to be an "official" group cruise, you need at least 8 cabins. I don't really want to set up something with amenities, etc., and then have to say we're not getting them. At this point, there are only 4 possible cabins, so if there isn't enough interest for a group booking, then I'll just go with booking on my own.

Hi Sandy, just commit to it...You know you want to do it :D

There IS going to be a ship, The Spirit, full of people going on that cruise.(or Carnival wouldn't be doing it :p)

I would think by way of Facebook, this board, friends and family, word of mouth ect...

over the next year, you should have the 16+ cabins to make it a great group.

I sure wish I could do it. What fun that would be...and so many sea days to plan fun stuff.

If I was single, and had some time, I would be doing it.

Now that I have found cruising, I am obsessed :O)

By the way is it against the rules to post your Possible group cruise plans by way of your signature?

Again, if not, you all should have it in there. That way it will be where ever you go.

Tracey, on the 09/07/10 maybe others want to do the B2B, and Sandy, maybe some of your Panni friends, might like a cruise to Hawaii.

Good Luck :) Although I think you will find more than enough takers over the next few months

I might be interested in it. I would have to go over and look at some of the info on the carnival site. Tell me a little more about it. Would it be at the beginning or the end of the alaska trip, it there a "layover", etc...?

Sorry, somehow I didn't realize that I started on the second page of the thread. I think I have the information I need. Maybe I can send the kids back home after the Alaska part. Actually, they might freak out and kill me if I did that. Hmm, gotta figure something out.

I might be interested in it. I would have to go over and look at some of the info on the carnival site. Tell me a little more about it. Would it be at the beginning or the end of the alaska trip, it there a "layover", etc...?

Actually, this group cruise would only be for the Vancouver to Hawaii sailing, leaving Vancouver on Sept. 14, 2010.

There are a couple of people who are doing a one week Alaska cruise before this cruise (which is already an official group cruise organized by KellyWhiteHills) and then they are staying on the ship for the cruise to Hawaii.

Actually, this group cruise would only be for the Vancouver to Hawaii sailing, leaving Vancouver on Sept. 14, 2010.

There are a couple of people who are doing a one week Alaska cruise before this cruise (which is already an official group cruise organized by KellyWhiteHills) and then they are staying on the ship for the cruise to Hawaii.

Hi Sandy, Gina "chelsita"is a part of the CC Group with Kelly, doing Seattle to Alaska to Vancouver.

I have been posting over there for your unofficial, wanting to become Official Group to Hawaii.

Trying to drum up some interest for you and Tracey...

Sure hope this works out for you all, it sounds like a wonderful cruise.

Maybe in a couple years, chelle and I will be doing one :p

Thanks, Marie. I wasn't sure if Gina was already doing the Alaska cruise or just thinking about it. I'm still hoping for more interest in this one, maybe once the summer is over people will start thinking about next year's cruises.

If this one doesn't get off the ground, I still have the B2B with the Panamaniacs for 2011 that will for sure be group cruises as we already have enough to do it that way. Just waiting for that one to see if more CC people are interested before going to Laura for official status.

We have been looking at doing this one for a while. My daughter is wanting to do this for her gradutation holiday. This will be a good time since she will be done school in July.

I have been looking at the Arpil one but with the b2b in jan april will be to close and too many days off for Tony in the same classes. With this one Tony will miss some of his first semester on the cruise and Some of his second with the b2b.

I would be interested in this one Sandy. I would need two cabins. Depending on the price they would be OV or balcony.

Hi Tracy. It would be great to cruise you again before the B2B! And I'd get to meet your daughter, too.

So, we now have:

luckysll

mikey233

aussie2324

GottaLuvCruising

Tracyvansmith (2 cabins)

That's six......we just need a couple more to go for the "official" status!

It would be tough for us to do this cruise in Sept 2010, and then a B2B in Spring of 2011, I already make your brother work too hard lol

We would have to make a choice.

So the cruise ends in Honolulu?

Yep. The ship arrives in Honolulu on Sept. 25th at 8:00 a.m. and you don't actually debark until the next day.

Not that I want to deter you from the B2B, but this cruise is 12 days and the B2B would be 16 days (plus travel days). Might be easier for Dave to take off for this one. I thought he didn't want to do Hawaii by cruise ship, though.

Maybe you can do what I originally suggested....you join me for the cruise and Dave can meet up with you in Hawaii. Best of both worlds! :D

Thanks, Marie. I wasn't sure if Gina was already doing the Alaska cruise or just thinking about it. I'm still hoping for more interest in this one, maybe once the summer is over people will start thinking about next year's cruises.

If this one doesn't get off the ground, I still have the B2B with the Panamaniacs for 2011 that will for sure be group cruises as we already have enough to do it that way. Just waiting for that one to see if more CC people are interested before going to Laura for official status.

Wonderful, I see you have it posted in your Siggy too, that should bring some interest, Maybe Tracey will, or has put it in her Siggy too.

Hey, wanted to let yall know that we can't do the Hawaii part. sorry for getting your hopes up, I know y'all are going to miss us. :p

That's okay. I see you've put your name on the list for the Feb. 7/11 cruise, so we'll get to meet then. :D

Archived